Reputation has an important role in Ashes of Phoenix. It both impacts your perception of others and determines the level of access you have in faction headquarters.
- You gain reputation points with factions when you heal their members. At the same time you lose points with the intimate enemy of the faction you helped.
- You lose reputation points with factions when you attack/kill their members. At the same time you gain points with the intimate enemy of the faction you attacked.
- You gain more reputation points with your faction when you shoot/kill members of your intimate enemy faction.
- You lose more points with your faction when you shoot/kill mates or heal intimate enemies.
While the namecolorizing system indicates the faction any character belongs to, you can have a clue about anyone's reputation towards your faction by checking his color contour.
- A red contour indicates that this character has a bad reputation towards your faction, meaning he's probably an intimate enemy, or at least someone that doesn't wish you good.
- A yellow contour means that the guy is neutral and that you should probably stay calm but vigilant.
- A green contour means that the guy has a good reputation and that shooting him will lower your reputation with your faction since he is a member or a friend.
Displaying color contours is simply done through activating the attack mode. Imagine that as a close inspection, finger on the trigger.
Reputation and access
There are different ways to gain reputation, the most effective being Zone Control, Random assignments and blueprints donations.
Raising reputation and maintaining it is important to keep access to your faction headquarters. You need 30000 reputation to access the heart and platoons.
If you reach 0 reputation with your faction, you'll start the expel process. It means you'll have to raise your reputation back to normal within a certain amount of time, otherwise you'll be cast away from your faction, losing your access and all possessions stored into your room and base. If you end up without faction, you'll be proposed to join another one based on your other reputation values.