Author Topic: Suggestions for Outdoorsman  (Read 4817 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Suggestions for Outdoorsman
« on: October 30, 2014, 11:34:52 PM »

Here are my suggestions

It can't raise up by random encounters because they aren't in AoP. I suggest it can raise up by killing geckos, brahmins, chopping wood, maybe dialogue with hobos to teach you how they survived in the core, skinning geckos/brahmins, picking up broc flower and xander roots, something :P

• Something like weapons, you can unlock perks with food. Perks like double the effect (100 OD), last twice as long (125), increase sight range by 3 (175), 
  • The more you scavenge from core (looting vehicles), you're more likely to find stuff people missed, with 75 outdoorsman I say, and if no one looted then you can find double the junk, metal, etc.
  • At 150 outdoors you can see Geckos and Brahmins 50 hexes in your range, even through buildings (cause you're a tracker, tracking your prey)
  • 250 outdoorsman you can track other players within 10 hexes of you
  • 50% more damage against all animals due to your constant hunting of them at 200 OD

What are you suggestions kurwas

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for Outdoorsman
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 02:56:31 AM »

Aside from seeing players through walls, they are pretty cool suggestions.

I really liked the idea of linking it to food, i.e. recipes and how well food heals you.

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 03:10:14 AM »

Outdoorsman should help you find what you need in the wild. It could be golden gekos, deathclaws, PA patrols or whatever else you need.
How? When you enter the world map, there should be some random locations marked near your current position. Each location with some text saying what npc are inside. As you move on the map far away locations are removed and new are added near you. With more skill the range gets bigger, so you have more locations to choose from, it also gives more info (terrain type, other npc groups on map).
Skill can raise when you do something in the location (e.g. kill all enemies).

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 04:27:34 AM »

I actually like @3.14 idea a lot, it can easily be brain-stormed into something even greater.

Like dungeon locations outside of Phoenix, which will be possible to find with high ODM only.
Just strap a radar interface on player's WM HUD which will allow you to see "green dots" with non-special\special encounters.

@STALKER
Making OTD that way will turn this game into the multiplayer of The Last Of Us (which isn't a bad thing, at all), it'd actually be kinda fun, if running would make noise, and enemy players will be able to see coloured silhouettes running around in chaotic order.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 04:25:43 AM »

I posted this in another discussion, but I remembered this thread, so I thought i'd put it here too;

As another idea you could just make outdoorsman a PvP secondary skill related to the detection of mines and sneakers, and remove the detection levels from those skills respectively (sneak would just be about sneaking better and traps would just be about the effective setting and disarming of traps, not their detection). Outdoorsman could also govern the usage of "detection" items like motion sensors, for detecting the location of both sneaking players and players moving outside of sight range.

This way you could make the effect of the sneak skill stronger with points in it, to make it less all or nothing, and also separate detectors from users quite distinctly.

It would be a big change, but it could work. Detection being still related to your sight range of course, but the effectiveness of your detection rates within your sight range is modified by outdoorsman.

Though you would have to add some new traps to give reason to take that skill too ;) and also change watchtower to have an outdoorsman minimum requirement.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 04:53:04 AM by mAdman »

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 07:03:32 AM »

Well I thought it was a cool idea :P

Anyone think that might be a decent use of Outdoorsman? Or are there some problems I can't see?

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 07:21:36 AM »

I think its a good idea.

Maybe it will only make sneaking more powerful vs characters with low outdoorsman.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 07:23:55 AM by Niamak »

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 07:27:37 AM »

Hmm, true, and favor people who have "extra" skillpoints to spare. Those are fair points.

PE would still be the base though, but those are undeniably good points. Well played :)

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip