Author Topic: EVENT: Enemy at the gates! - All bases disclosure event  (Read 5358 times)

Gonzo

EVENT: Enemy at the gates! - All bases disclosure event
« on: September 22, 2014, 10:44:44 AM »

Hey lads!

Most probably, the development team was taking into account an idea of such event before. The idea is simple and brings within various entertaining as well as lethal implications.

All the factions bases will become temporarily (1-2 days; weekend event) disclosed to all players on the server. Of course, such event should be preceded by an information given to all the players a couple of days before.

What do you think about the idea?

Butthead

• Wastelander
  • aop kicks ass
    • View Profile
Re: EVENT: Enemy at the gates! - All bases disclosure event
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 10:50:11 AM »

its cool and add some tent raping or something

Gonzo

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 10:56:48 AM »

Yeah, I see the Vault 7 in flames. However, for the needs of the event the base NPC defence could be strengthened.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 10:57:38 AM »

Would be really fun, although...
Why did you have such an idea? Do you not have enough PvP? :)
You will encounter the very same problem we encounter now with Phoenix - timezones. I doubt that people will pass their sleep before a working day just to participate in a base rape... but probably I'm wrong, just an oppinion.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Armadingo

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 10:59:55 AM »

I think that the entrance will be filled with beartraps and big gun deathsquads.

It will be glorious.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 11:07:54 AM »

I think that the entrance will be filled with beartraps and big gun deathsquads.

It will be glorious.

[Pic]
I doubt that any1 will be able to spawn in some1's core for some reason ;).
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 01:09:39 PM »

You know what name a AoP name would be called?

Ashes of Phoenix - Enemy at the Gates!

Personally, I like the idea of such a event. Makes the war more... personnal. It gotta be balanced, through, so that one faction ins't overwhelmed in certain hours by another one. In american daylight, everyone would swarm family and BBs. During nights, on the other hands, fights would be fair. Maybe a player limit on each base-raid (20?) alongside constantly reinforcing guards? I like the idea of raiding a enemy base, perhaps even stealing their stuff.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 09:51:12 PM »

This has the potential to be terrifyingly bad for smaller factions.   I'm sure all of the Vtecs and Lawyers want this.  Family simply doesn't have enough players to participate in such a thing.

FingerBang

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 04:05:45 AM »

I agree, we (Family) would probably get annihilated :P However, we're not pussies so bring it on baby ! For teh Family !

Gonzo

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 04:54:19 AM »

Would be really fun, although...
Why did you have such an idea? Do you not have enough PvP? :)

It's not about the bloodthirst :) I was wondering how it would be to move the core action inside the bases (laying a siege, breaking a siege, etc.) since when they are unavailable for players of different factions.

Personally, I like the idea of such a event. Makes the war more... personnal. It gotta be balanced, through, so that one faction ins't overwhelmed in certain hours by another one. In american daylight, everyone would swarm family and BBs. During nights, on the other hands, fights would be fair. Maybe a player limit on each base-raid (20?) alongside constantly reinforcing guards?

That's an accurate point. The fight might be unbalanced as usual because of the daytime. Nevertheless, the limit of ~20 players would make the raid surprisingly easy to repulse in the time of increased activity of each faction.

I was thinking about the event idea a while and have got a couple of interesting insights/ideas:

a) the main base of competitive faction become visible if your faction controls two of the nearest control zones to the competitive faction gate entrance.

As all of you might have noticed, in faction bases you have to pass the gate in the courtyard to get to the structure - and what is crucial accordingly to the idea of EATG event, you can pass this gate only by going one by one (e.g. in BBoys or Family bases only one man can get into the structure at the same time). Taking that into consideration, the penetration of enemy base would be practically impossible. Therefore:

b) to be able to pass the entrance between the courtyard and the structure during the siege with more than one man, you have to control the enemy courtyard for at least (for instance) 15 minutes.

b*2) to be able to pass the entrance between the courtyard and the structure during the siege with more than one man, you have to detonate the gate/door with explosives.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip