Author Topic: Idea for balancing CHA in PVP  (Read 4049 times)

Labadamier

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Idea for balancing CHA in PVP
« on: September 13, 2014, 10:52:56 PM »

Hello fellow wastelanders! I wanted to drop by the forums and drop off a quick suggestion to see what you the community thought about an idea I've been kicking around. So in almost every game I play I love picking up and playing the Pet or Follower oriented classes, but Fonline AoP has this feature of the game currently disabled. Now i totally understand why they do when you're considering this game is PvP focused and a bunch of near player strength NPC's under the control of somebody could (and probably will) cause catastrophic imbalances in the PvP ecosystem. My idea to kind of help smooth out a balance between the crowd that enjoys followers and the undeniable pubstop machine that these followers could create is simple (and dumbed down). I suggest a single followers system and the strength of the follower dependent solely on the players charisma score. So, for example, a charisma score of 3 may unlock a dog as a follower, 5 may unlock a slave, and a 10 is needed for a full blown mercenary with all of the bells and whistles. I feel this system creates a balanced environment for all players involved, cuts back on server power needed to run and keep track of follower based characters, and gives characters a reason to at least splash charisma rather than make it a 10 or none stat for the most part.

I was wondering if anyone else out there wanted to travel the wastes with a partner or missed these aspects of the game, i would love to hear your opinions!   ::)

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for balancing CHA in PVP
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 11:51:07 PM »

Refinement and some more thought put in here is surelly needed ;).

Problem is: it's too early to make such suggestions. As you can see devs are currently busy with bug-killing (somebody call an entomologist, so he could stop this massacre). They are a small team (as they state in every topic where it's mentioned, although there are a lot of them ;P), and they can't possibly maintain the server, fixing the balance AND implement new game-changing ideas ;).
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Lidae

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • Wasteland scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 07:11:27 AM »

Nothing wrong with suggesting ideas, though as Myakot says, even good ideas may take a while to be implemented. Especially if they are difficult to implement.

Another thing I'd like to say is that I don't think Charisma is a 1 or 10 stat. Anybody who plan to ever be in a squad has something to gain from putting one or two points in Charisma. The boosts you get scale directly based on how much charisma you have, it is not only the leader that counts.

As for the idea itself, I'm not necessarily against the thought of having some kind of pets, but it's pretty low priority at the moment. Tons of things I'd rather implement first. After most bugs are taken care of that is.

But yeah, don't worry about making suggestions, it's welcome.

Labadamier

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 10:33:53 AM »

For sure and thanks for the responses; I understand that the work load for this game is huge and I'm not making demands by any means. This is just my personal passion when it comes to games like this and I just wanted to at least start up a discussion for the sake of interest.  :)

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip