Author Topic: Crazayyyy idea for faction balance that is either really good, or really bad.  (Read 6042 times)

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile

Make a new faction, the Mercenaries, this factions will be called upon to help the current weakest faction in the game.
For example:
There are 30 Vtec taking a zone, and 10 lawyers came and died, or the score is something insane like Vtec: 900  Lawyers: 80.
All players in the Mercenary faction would temporarily become Lawyers ( to prevent team killing)
and they would be called to help fight for the lawyers.
This will help against any extreme team unbalances during the game.
It seems pvp is just factions taking turns swarming other factions when they have the most players on in their faction.  I have yet to see a fair fight, I am either in a faction mopping people up 30-5 or vise versa.
But a mercenary faction could be like extra backup for whoever the current weakest faction is in the game.
or maybe instead of switching everyone in mercenary faction ( because that might make more unbalance) it would select the number needed, so if it is 30-10, 20 people in the mercenary guild could be switched over to the weak faction.

I am just brainstorming stuff here, nothing is concrete.
But until then we are just going to take turns being the bigger swarm.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 04:45:42 PM by faopcurious »

Aco

• Wastelander
    • View Profile

You are tottaly right. Really bad idea.

Infact most lamest idea i saw (no offence) Smaller teams still come and fight to try out their tactics grinding swarm. Personaly, My favorite fights are the ones 15v22 or 15v19. Equal fights are lame, theres no good feeling of victory when u didnt kill more then 4+ people but only 1 while all ur teams killed 1.
But lets try to take ur idea for serious. What if mercenarys were 15 and lawyers were 5 and enemy was 11.
Wouldn't That be unfair that mercenarys made lawyers outswarm enemy? Sounds lame.
But eitherway, Least u tried to make a suggestion for this. But not really gonna work I dont think :P

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile

At the Moment the main advantage that Vtec has over the other factions is our ability to swarm when the Stars Align, if the opposing factions whom are better equipped could get free help then it would unbalance things further.

While i could see some sought of mercenary faction being made, if it was designed without the free choice of whom it helps, even if they help the biggest faction, then it is pointless.

wojciech

• Wastelander
    • View Profile

Make a new faction, the Mercenaries, this factions will be called upon to help the current weakest faction in the game.
For example:
There are 30 Vtec taking a zone, and 10 lawyers came and died, or the score is something insane like Vtec: 900  Lawyers: 80.
All players in the Mercenary faction would temporarily become Lawyers ( to prevent team killing)
It seems pvp is just factions taking turns swarming other factions when they have the most players on in their faction.  I have yet to see a fair fight, I am either in a faction mopping people up 30-5 or vise versa.
But a mercenary faction could be like extra backup for whoever the current weakest faction is in the game.
or maybe instead of switching everyone in mercenary faction ( because that might make more unbalance) it would select the number needed, so if it is 30-10, 20 people in the mercenary guild could be switched over to the weak faction.

Well Famlily people got less than other factions. That game is made for smarm battles, so You need to invite all friends from other games :D

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Well Famlily people got less than other factions. That game is made for smarm battles, so You need to invite all friends from other games :D
Family has no major faction in it. Lawyers have BBS, Brahmin Boys have Maszrums gang, pistoleros/amboys, Vtec has ruskeis. Family is only filled with FOnline beginners and some experienced players (like 6 in total).

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile

Then gather more, and help new players so that they become experienced.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Then gather more, and help new players so that they become experienced.
Impossible, most of them are very stubborn idiots and just want to do assignments. Also none want to have voice communication.

If the 6 experienced players go take a sector/zone, we get outnumbered dramatically.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile

Impossible, most of them are very stubborn idiots and just want to do assignments. Also none want to have voice communication.

If the 6 experienced players go take a sector/zone, we get outnumbered dramatically.

I'll admit I'm guilty of mostly just running assignments, but I feel that because of our small numbers I have little other option then to get enough money, xp and gear to actually outfit myself and other family members decently, even a noob in decent CA with a tier 2 weapon does damage and they are much more willing to help when its not their CA they risk losing.

I don't want to run into a 6 v 30 teamfight and just die and lose my monetary progress every 30 minutes for the sake of attempting to compete.

Aco

• Wastelander
    • View Profile

For example:

I refuse to believe u even played this server haha
Just yesterday there was a 8v20 fight. The 8 won. People who know basic tactics can play 5v10. People who dont should be part of the 10 ;P

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile

You are tottaly right. Really bad idea.

But lets try to take ur idea for serious. What if mercenarys were 15 and lawyers were 5 and enemy was 11.
Wouldn't That be unfair that mercenarys made lawyers outswarm enemy? Sounds lame.

YOU DIDNT READ THE DAMN SUGGESTION.
I said make it so a number of mercenaries would be called depending on needs.
so if its 5 VS 11, as you say, 6 mercenaries would change to weakest faction to keep it balanced.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 12:40:36 PM by faopcurious »

Duke

• Wastelander
  • Heil Enclave!
    • View Profile
Re: Crazayyyy idea for faction balance that is either really good, or really bad.
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 02:19:05 AM »

>Crazayyyy idea for faction balance that is either really good, or really bad.

Bad.
Официальный представитель организации.

Herbie

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Crazayyyy idea for faction balance that is either really good, or really bad.
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 05:47:16 AM »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip