Author Topic: Questions  (Read 5877 times)

Urbanknight4

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Questions
« on: October 15, 2014, 10:25:51 AM »

Some dude wants to join the game, and he has a lot of influence on other Fallout fans on a website. I want to invite him in, because  that would make the game gain a bunch of people, but he had these questions:

1. What happens if you get killed?
2. Do you need to invite people in the game or is open world where everyone is on the same servers?
3. How do I get my hands on Power Armor?

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 10:37:33 AM »

1. You die in the game you die irl.

No you just lose all the items you were carrying and retain your level/xp and respawn back in your factions base.

2. Its an mmo. And not one of the fake ones with instanced rooms if thats what youre wondering.

Hell, not even dungeons are instanced and you can meet and fight or cooperate with other groups.

3. Not available (yet)

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 10:57:14 AM »

2. Everyone is on the same server, we have no referral system here, there is a "tag"-party system, but instances are limited (farm-locations for assignments).
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Deathproof

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 11:16:34 AM »

1. You lose items, then you rage, then you start suggesting nerfs on forum.

Urbanknight4

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 11:24:07 AM »

Do those items dissipate, or are they dropped in the place where you are killed? I'm asking because then a friend can go and pick them up right after I'm killed or something, and return them to me.

Deathproof

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 11:25:07 AM »

Do those items dissipate, or are they dropped in the place where you are killed? I'm asking because then a friend can go and pick them up right after I'm killed or something, and return them to me.

They are dropped in the place you died (diablo style), you can get them back unless player killed you and he loots you.

Don't let it discourage you, gear is easy to get on this server.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:27:50 AM by Deathproof »

Urbanknight4

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 11:41:06 AM »

Excellent, thank you. Once I get a better PC, I will definitely join up. By the way, do you know the minimum system requirements for running the game?

Deathproof

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 11:49:11 AM »

Excellent, thank you. Once I get a better PC, I will definitely join up. By the way, do you know the minimum system requirements for running the game?

Hey man, you can play this in like oldest pc you can get your hands on, it has system requirements of fallout 2 probably.

Urbanknight4

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 11:58:06 AM »

Hey man, you can play this in like oldest pc you can get your hands on, it has system requirements of fallout 2 probably.
Oh really? Heck yeah! I have the file in my dropbox for the dudes I'm bringing, so I'll download it and get on. Anything I should know as I'm starting the game?

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile

Urbanknight4

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 12:09:15 PM »

Sorry for all the questions, but any tips on beginning play?

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 12:17:08 PM »

That same guide has it, I believe, besides there are some dedicated just to that topics in the corresponding section.  I'll try to find those later, want to get home sooner

Deathproof

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 01:46:17 PM »

Sorry for all the questions, but any tips on beginning play?

You join up to faction you like, you'll then be spawned to a base - check the guides under survival help for your base so its easier to find things.

Mainly as you just started, you'll want some gear. Your first steps are finding crafting materials (junk,alloys,metal etc) and relics (blueprints,holodosiks, schematics). You give relics to person in a crafting room so you can open up more weapons to craft. (Hotkey F). Materials are all over the town, usually safest way is to loot around your own gate and grids nearby (safest doesn't mean someone won't ambush you thou). There are also assignments which are best way to level up (crafting isn't bad either as it gives experience), you have low level ones and high level ones (you unlock high level ones when you get 30k rep with your faction - you can do this fast by donating relics).

That should get you started, feel free to ask questions on forum or ingame (using .f or /f for faction talk so your own guys can help you out).

Good luck !

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip