Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Bored  (Read 28554 times)

FrankenStone

Re: Bored
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2014, 03:41:13 PM »

Two years m8, if not now, when?

When? Well I'd say not when it's only 1/10 completed...  ;D

But anyways, yeah it's definitely a good start of a server. If it's just a teaser of what is yet to come, then I'm still uber hyped.

I'm pretty sure Random enc maps aren't dynamic. Don't think there's ever been a dynamic map generator for in-game use.The only dynamic thing about them is that you wont always enc the same critters/NPC's.

When you say dynamic, i think of different wall/scenery layouts.

I guess "dynamic" isn't the terminology I should have used.

I think we can get some procedural generated content, but it will either be pre-created and then taken from a huge list....

This is pretty much what I mean. It would bring a subtle mystique to dungeons/maps, never knowing what is where, and where is right (word.)
This way, you won't get bored of the SAAAMMMEE old map over and over.

you know how much work that is , for example if they would use some kind of prefabs , if u choose one dungeon which is big and u change somethings here and there , lets say things in one map 1000 times , one day at a time u will always have seen all 1000 maps , im sure ;) . there is no randomness in games , its all based on maths  and formulas , u could try to let it look like randomness but then again , one day u will have seen all 1000 different types of the same map ;) and dont forget the work , to change little things here and there sounds easy , yeah but not with that amount ... its like endless work . i also think that fonline engine is limited to some things , which comes from the original fallout 1 and 2 games , for example the graphic , its hard to make things happen like , player could build some wall and so on , because the game isnt in 3d ... in which it were easier to set something up like that . well again u could make 1000+ prefabs and add some scripts to build a prefab but that would be pain in da ass because we all know how mapper does work and walls not in one piece , and im sure u dont want to search through 1000+ prefabs before u build a wall ;)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:48:50 PM by FrankenStone »

MasacruAlex

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2014, 05:21:41 PM »

OP, ever thought maybe this type of game doesn't appeal you? CS for example is two teams fighting with the same weapons over the same maps while one team tries to plant the bomb or save the hostages, yet it's so addicting and so many play it because of the teamwork it involves and the skill you have to gain to be good. Same goes here. I could call any game boring after playing it for 2 months. Just take a break. You can't expect a game to be fun forever. The things you've described appeal to a lot of people because they do. You work your ass to be able to do pvp (Kill real players and loot them) the world is alive and full of loot which is great and the devs keep updating which is again great. The server population is very high as well.

All the other servers are full of PK with no sense of teamwork and besides that unless you have stacked on a lot of weapons or had friends give them to you, you'll quit sooner of later because you die  constantly even at low levels because of idiots camping you outside the city, and then enjoy getting loot., the loot is scarce as hell and exploration is pointless, there's no point to explore at all. I'm glad I have found this server because honestly playing on Fonline2 or whatever it is called left me with a sour taste. Constant damn PK in the main cities, too many trolls, no loot, getting pked during "questing", you manage to get a gun then you get pked by some guy with minigun all of a sudden, the list goes on. You cannot progress there if you're new unless you wanna spend a lot of time mostly not having fun.

It is not the case here, which is why it's so awesome and a great feat. It feels like Single Player Enchanced ++ with the addition of real players to work with or kill.  Many factions, each has its story, appeal and bases, everything is handcrafted and so on. YOu should be thankful this experience exists for free.

((also whoever said there should be less loot, NO. Exploring would become boring and fuck that, loot is part of the fun, not all loot is useful and it's not like you can loot miniguns near the city and so on, it all blends nicely with the crafting))

Lockpick\steal was removed because devs wanted to remove the "need" of creating multiple characters. If those two shall be brought back, everyone will have to lvl an independant lockpick character, which is obnoxious to even think of.

Exactly. That wouldn't even fit and it'd be mostly a griefing tool. Having your same faction try to steal your stuff when you afk a bit wouldn't be fun and it'd end up with people getting trigger happy on the same faction and turning on eachother, having to hold the caps in the weapon slot or place your items constantly in the chest for the fear of teammate thieves wouldn't be good.  Some might say you could steal from the enemy, sure you could. When you see an enemy player one either dies or runs away, it's not like people could try to pickpocket those players, there's an easier way to get it by killing them anyway.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 05:28:50 PM by MasacruAlex »

Stem Sunders

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2014, 09:23:56 PM »

...I'd like to see the starting zone come back? :)

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2014, 10:29:40 PM »

As others have said, I'm still having fun with the game. Its well developed and has a wonderful new setting.

I think people who are getting bored just need to not play as much.  I only get to play a few days a week because of school/work, but I really think the game feels better because of it.  I could be wrong, but when I get bored of games I love it's just because I burnt myself out.

Xtreme

• Wanderer
  • They fog the mind as they cleanse the body
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2014, 11:00:04 PM »

In terms of mechanics of pvp this server is better than any fonline server, better than fo2,reloaded,tla,requiem,2238 and desert europe.

the ppl who loves pvp dont need more than that

cheers

Hang-Lip

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Wastelander
  • Got a smoke?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2014, 01:56:29 AM »

" how mapper does work and walls not in one piece"

That was how Fo1 and 2's walls were created, FO Mapper could and can handle complete walls and such.
For example you could say, make one of the JT walls, and turn it into a complete sprite with some editing that isnt cut and will still work the same way in mapper.

Dont know if tiles can be a big image i never tried with that, only scenery.

AKA Ox-Skull.
Hang-Lip graffiti by Stem Sunders.

Jim

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2014, 06:08:39 AM »

a lot of text

As an Fonline 2 player, no there is not that much content as in PvE or in general things to do. Like 10 quest which you can do, caravans, couple of pvp location and thats it. Its "self-repeating" experience like any other fo game. I don't remember 2238 shined too much in "things to do" (it had train yaaay) either, but fo is always centered about pvp and tactics that go with it. You just can't make/randomize that much PvE things. Well, unless you got big team with lots of time.

Glow, Sierra (now is reworked), warehouse, mariposa, sf tanker, two randomly spawned events, caravans, open wasteland for farming/lvl/pvp, tc...Not to mention shopkeeper system, cash is possible to spend in many ways.
Dont please :)

Anyway it was fun first 2 week but lack of contents is why i give up.Respect for effort and i wish u luck in future.

Jim

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2014, 07:12:12 AM »

All the other servers are full of PK with no sense of teamwork and besides that unless you have stacked on a lot of weapons or had friends give them to you, you'll quit sooner of later because you die
 constantly even at low levels because of idiots camping you outside the city, and then enjoy getting loot., the loot is scarce as hell and exploration is pointless, there's no point to explore at all. I'm glad I have found this server because honestly playing on Fonline2 or whatever it is called left me with a sour taste. Constant damn PK in the main cities, too many trolls, no loot, getting pked during "questing", you manage to get a gun then you get pked by some guy with minigun all of a sudden, the list goes on. You cannot progress there if you're new unless you wanna spend a lot of time mostly not having fun.

It is not the case here, which is why it's so awesome and a great feat. It feels like Single Player Enchanced ++ with the addition of real players to work with or kill.  Many factions, each has its story, appeal and bases, everything is handcrafted and so on. YOu should be thankful this experience exists for free.

Hahaha what a bunch of nonsense.U mention teamwork? U are right, those evil pk ers are dumb and only holy ppl have tw.U made my day sir :)

MasacruAlex

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2014, 07:47:13 AM »

^ you don't get it. TK and PK are two different things. Most other servers got no sense of team so everyone pk's everyone. It's basically free for all. There's no sense of achievement when you just get pked non-stop. I like that, in games like Dayz and such but it's different  in a game like fallout

I don't mind pvp and pk, but not when it;'s fffa and everyone pks everyone with almost no punishment in terms of gameplay ,then it's not fun.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 08:00:11 AM by MasacruAlex »

paragon

« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2014, 08:03:48 AM »

Bored playing? Contribute to server development!

Jim

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2014, 09:39:41 AM »

^ you don't get it. TK and PK are two different things. Most other servers got no sense of team so everyone pk's everyone. It's basically free for all. There's no sense of achievement when you just get pked non-stop. I like that, in games like Dayz and such but it's different  in a game like fallout

I don't mind pvp and pk, but not when it;'s fffa and everyone pks everyone with almost no punishment in terms of gameplay ,then it's not fun.

Never was whole wasteland full of pk, it is just imagination.Pk was always outnumbered there.Anyway, they are eazy in many cases to avoid them or to fuck them up with similar strategy.Little knowledge if u are alone (bad cuz it is mmo afterall but till u find someone u can still progres good) and is not that bad.

Deathproof

« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2014, 09:58:18 AM »

Glow, Sierra (now is reworked), warehouse, mariposa, sf tanker, two randomly spawned events, caravans, open wasteland for farming/lvl/pvp, tc...Not to mention shopkeeper system, cash is possible to spend in many ways.
Dont please :)

Anyway it was fun first 2 week but lack of contents is why i give up.Respect for effort and i wish u luck in future.

Jim, I'm not trying to bash FO2, but its just as boring an any other FO server, such as, nothing much to do except to PvP. Those dungeons you mentioned are like this - you go in, there is always like 6 ppl camping. If not, its just stupid grinding against npc's. All the quests/events you do in 1 month and for the rest of the year you just look for pvp.(Or the  same shit over and over to get better gear) Here is same, no much content , when dungeons open they will be camped, one I was in sucks badly, zc is cool, pvp in core would be good but since ppl can scavenge once a month its mostly empty except for low lvl players. I love random pvp, in beginning there was a lot of it here but now everything is zc or doing nothing.
In FO2 I need to go to popular pvp location and then I usually get swarmed by tier4 mob camping that place.

All in all, FO usually ends up in ppl taking breaks or making/joining a faction so they don't get bored so fast.(And it does, it just gets boring,repeating same thing over and over. TC/ZC give bit more fun since you can do tactics and get satisfaction of beating another organized team but its all the same in the end). Also, grind grind grind grind, main thing that comes to my mind when I think of fonline universe.

But as always, another session comes, we get new content and with devs knowledge and players input game progresses every year more and more ;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:12:21 AM by Deathproof »

FrankenStone

« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2014, 11:52:29 AM »

go play singleplayer games if u are looking for content and a story ;)

Gimper

• Wastelander
  • Your Loving Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2014, 03:14:00 PM »

go play single player games if u are looking for content and a story ;)

Do you mean,
go play singleplayer games if u are looking for content and a story

All games, single player OR MMO, should have content... obviously... It's stupid to even (non-verbally) suggest that this server doesn't need more content.
Things just got worse.

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2014, 04:31:37 PM »

Well I have some recommendations for games that might float your boat if you liked FOnline. Also where I also draw a lot of inspiration from.

Jagged Alliance 2 1.13 (Isometric TBS)
Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead (Survival-Roguelike)  http://en.cataclysmdda.com/
Neocron (3D-FPS-MMO) http://www.neocron-game.com/
Infantry Online (Isometric Arena Shooter) http://freeinfantry.org/

They're old games, mostly dead, but worth checking out!
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

Solid-Head

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2014, 06:29:24 PM »

This is the best Fonline server start ever...I'm sure you guys all know that already know that and I'm sure you will keep adding even more contents with time!
 I can't thank you enough for make me able to play a mmorpg that could be shutdown by bethesda anytime base on a game  that came out more than 15 years ago!! FOR FREE!

Sure I would love more quests ,encounters, towns,frank horrigan but heh I know you're doing it on your free time and have life and such! And I think in the end,even if the content is relativity small, its the best you can find in term of fonline experience ever. Thank you Phoenix Team !!!

One thing I would absolutely love though, is an event like on the 31th Halloween where all phoenix city would be swarmed be mindless ghoul everywhere ! That would be AWESOME! :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 06:36:36 PM by Solid-Head »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2014, 06:38:50 PM »

This is the best Fonline server start ever...I'm sure you guys all know that already know that and I'm sure you will keep adding even more contents with time!
 I can't thank you enough for make me able to play a mmorpg that could be shutdown by bethesda anytime base on a game  that came out more than 15 years ago!! FOR FREE!

Sure I would love more quests ,encounters, towns,frank horrigan but heh I know you're doing it on your free time and have life and such! And I think in the end,even if the content is relativity small, its the best you can find in term of fonline experience ever. Thank you Phoenix Team !!!

One thing I would absolutely love though, is an event like on the 31th Halloween where all phoenix city would be swarmed be mindless ghoul everywhere ! That would be AWESOME! :D
So instead of getting drunk, getting laid, or hang out with friends, you'll stay and play AoP? !

Tragic :V

Solid-Head

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2014, 06:48:13 PM »

So instead of getting drunk, getting laid, or hang out with friends, you'll stay and play AoP? !

Deal with it  8)

TheTylerLee

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2014, 07:56:34 PM »

yeah i have my accounts the way i like them, i'll be back in the future when there is more content + pvp fixes

MasacruAlex

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2014, 09:04:19 PM »

Deal with it  8)

I like you a lot

Well I have some recommendations for games that might float your boat if you liked FOnline. Also where I also draw a lot of inspiration from.

Jagged Alliance 2 1.13 (Isometric TBS)
Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead (Survival-Roguelike)  http://en.cataclysmdda.com/
Neocron (3D-FPS-MMO) http://www.neocron-game.com/
Infantry Online (Isometric Arena Shooter) http://freeinfantry.org/

They're old games, mostly dead, but worth checking out!

good list eespecially on the infantry. Thanks for that version. The infantry one i remember was from sega or so.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 09:43:06 PM by MasacruAlex »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip