Author Topic: Question about new ZC mechanics/ old ZC mechanics.  (Read 2174 times)

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
Question about new ZC mechanics/ old ZC mechanics.
« on: April 20, 2016, 03:12:08 AM »

* Is it going to be so when you capture a zone, another faction can't just come recap it again   immediately?   like a capture cooldown?
* Is the capture timer going to be different?  I hope shorter.
* min amount of players in order to initiate a cap / contest?
* Is capture the flag going to be a big thing?
* are you going to go back to where the team with the highest score won the ZC despite what players are in the zone?  or what is going to stop a faction from just spamming back to the ZC and causing an endless war?

Stem Sunders

Re: Question about new ZC mechanics/ old ZC mechanics.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 05:43:33 AM »

* Is it going to be so when you capture a zone, another faction can't just come recap it again   immediately?   like a capture cooldown?
* Is the capture timer going to be different?  I hope shorter.
* min amount of players in order to initiate a cap / contest?
* Is capture the flag going to be a big thing?
* are you going to go back to where the team with the highest score won the ZC despite what players are in the zone?  or what is going to stop a faction from just spamming back to the ZC and causing an endless war?

*AFAIK, there are no plans to change the ability to cap a zone with cool down timers. I assume it will stay the same. So yes, you can immediately re-cap
*By shorter I assume you mean the amount of time it takes to cap a zone? No I believe the formula to remain the same as it is currently.
*No min amount of player required, You can go alone or with 10 other people. Even a lone sneak will start the cap and contest.
*CTF will remain much the same...AFAIK
*I suppose the "winners" would be the ones who complete the capture of the zone. Score has become has become a more personal thing, effecting your ZC payout. Its a fantastic way for combating score donators.

I couldn't speak to how ZC (and the winning of) affects the overall progression of your faction.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 05:47:50 AM by Stem Sunders »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip