Author Topic: Question about moving Faction / keeping your stuff from room (maybe Devs know)  (Read 4461 times)

lvhoang

• Wastelander
    • View Profile

Hey Guys.

So im currently a Lawyer, Id like to switch to any other faction (I think currently you can only join the enemy faction).

The problem is, how can I transfer all my stuff to my new room?

So I ve been told the following:
- tell faction that you d like to change room. Then all your stuff from your room gets into your inventory.
- Tell the leader you want to resign from the faction - you get teleported to the world map with your stuff.
- go to the new faction and enroll.

A few people did it and apparently it worked.

The thing is, I got so much stuff (way beyond 10 000 kgs in all my containers in the room) .... so my questions would be:
I know if im over encumbered I cant run. But if im too much overweight (like THIS much, lol) then can I walk at all or would i be immobile?

Thanks guys !

PS: is there an IRC channel for contacting GMs?
I saw a link before but could not find it anymore.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 05:18:31 AM by lvhoang »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile

An example concerning encumbrance:
You have 100 max carry weight.
You will become encumbered at 100+ kg. (you will walk)
You will be unable to move at 200+ kg (x2 your max carry weight). The only way to travel such way is logging in a different character and pushing yourself ;). I've done it once, wasn't fun.

I doubt that GMs will have the time and desire to transport you with your items, usually people just smuggle those items at corresponding gates (via friends, or someone trustworthy, or proxy if you are not concerned about fair game).
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

lvhoang

• Wastelander
    • View Profile

Thank you for the info!

I just saw the link for contacting GMs, will try and see if they can help somehow, a way or another. Its only something i need once.

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile

Contact GM, don't do it yourself.  ;)

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip