Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Reballance critical shoots  (Read 10350 times)

wojciech

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Reballance critical shoots
« on: September 18, 2014, 03:23:06 AM »

Please make something with rolls on endurance and strength and agility, beacuse is funny when I am takin all highest rolls with 9(2 st from metal) 10 end and 10 agi 8 luck(+2 from perk). After 3x kickdown in one time and ko on end I only want to press alt+f4.

In addition to that I got 5 inteligence and 6 luck and  am still able to shoot aimed critical shoots.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Reballance critical shoots
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 12:54:39 AM »

Bump, please do. It's useless to play anyone, but critical-ranged now because of that.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 09:04:03 AM »

Does critical resistance actually work ?  ::)

Doobee

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 09:29:54 AM »

critical resistance is chance to resist critical strike. and yes it works. i have 125% aimed crit chance and even if I dont consider armor class, some shots are still not criticals

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 09:40:03 AM »

critical resistance is chance to resist critical strike. and yes it works. i have 125% aimed crit chance and even if I dont consider armor class, some shots are still not criticals
Those 125% of yours are countered not only by Critical *Stat*, but also by CR (Critical Resistance) Which LK gives you...

Doobee

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 11:29:25 AM »

Those 125% of yours are countered not only by Critical *Stat*, but also by CR (Critical Resistance) Which LK gives you...
Yes I know, but from what I understand, crit /stats/ give chance to avoid critical effects like bypass, KO, KD,etc....? while the shot can still be critical?

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 11:32:42 AM »

I agree that criticals seems to happen too often, I think that the aimed critical chance may need a reduction (consider that the aimed critical chance its ACC+CC, yes this if after divided by the CR, but still the final chance easyly reach 60-70%).

Also weapons drops shouldn't be that common, for a logical point of view, two handed weapons should have less chance to be dropped, and unarmed weapon (power fist, impact globes) should have a very small chance (or even none) to get dropped

wojciech

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 11:33:55 AM »

I agree that criticals seems to happen too often, I think that the aimed critical chance may need a reduction (consider that the aimed critical chance its ACC+CC, yes this if after divided by the CR, but still the final chance easyly reach 60-70%).

Also weapons drops shouldn't be that common, for a logical point of view, two handed weapons should have less chance to be dropped, and unarmed weapon (power fist, impact globes) should have a very small chance (or even none) to get dropped

I heard that aimed shoot is buged cuz formula is wrong.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 11:39:47 AM »

Bonus damage and "status effect" crits are different.
Weapons are not dropped that common, and if they do, well I guess you should've expected that when 90% of the server builds consist of 3ST + weapon handling. No wonder arm shots are the best.

wojciech

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 11:45:01 AM »

Weapons are not dropped that common, and if they do, well I guess you should've expected that when 90% of the server builds consist of 3ST + weapon handling. No wonder arm shots are the best.

Criticals are too strong, one dev told it already that formula for critical hit is wrong.
I noticed it in second day.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 11:47:30 AM »

Criticals are too strong, one dev told it already that formula for critical hit is wrong.
I noticed it in second day.
I'm not saying you're wrong, probably the opposite. And we need no evidence like "some dev said". Almost every char I know has 10 INT 8 LK or 10 CH for crit module ;), those are some stats... Let's just hope it gets better!
IMO:
Crit is a chance, therefore any1 going for crit-build is risking. It should not be like: Crit build, 2 crits out of 10 shots = still wins guy with stable damage and no crits.
Sadly enough, it is, there are almost no downsides for going high INT instead of any other stat, esp given the soft-cap mechanic this server provides.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 11:51:07 AM by Myakot »

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 12:01:10 PM »

Sadly enough, it is, there are almost no downsides for going high INT instead of any other stat, esp given the soft-cap mechanic this server provides.

I can agree with this, even as a high int character myself I really feel for teammates who have a main stuck at 199 or 174 and terrible secondary caps to boot, just because they didn't view int as the best stat, or took gifted and didn't max int.

I had a thought on this though; I noticed that the starting skills are very high for a fallout game (most of mine were in the high 80s to 100 before i had hit level 2) and this is good considering how high skills go and how expensive they are, but what if, intelligence had little to no influence on starting skill point level, while other special stats had a much higher impact on starting skills once increased say past 5. That way someone like myself who does favor int over other stats has to "catch up" over the first few levels for the skill points "lost" by not investing in other stats too.

Seems more fair anyway.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 12:06:45 PM by mAdman »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 12:31:41 PM »

Lidae does the math, I think he knows what he's doing, at least I hope so ;). It's a little bit late for such a change.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 01:14:12 PM »

Lidae does the math, I think he knows what he's doing, at least I hope so ;). It's a little bit late for such a change.

True.

Doobee

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 03:29:58 PM »

I can agree with this, even as a high int character myself I really feel for teammates who have a main stuck at 199 or 174 and terrible secondary caps to boot, just because they didn't view int as the best stat, or took gifted and didn't max int.

I had a thought on this though; I noticed that the starting skills are very high for a fallout game (most of mine were in the high 80s to 100 before i had hit level 2) and this is good considering how high skills go and how expensive they are, but what if, intelligence had little to no influence on starting skill point level, while other special stats had a much higher impact on starting skills once increased say past 5. That way someone like myself who does favor int over other stats has to "catch up" over the first few levels for the skill points "lost" by not investing in other stats too.

Seems more fair anyway.
It reminds me alot of Fallout Tactics and I like it that way

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 09:11:30 PM »

I need to replay that game, the only thing I remember is how I tried to solo HtH it ^^, was much more fun than wasteland2...

Doobee

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2014, 03:46:19 AM »

Offtopic :
Spoiler for Hiden:
I remember, back when my PC was shitty as hell, that instead of playin in spikes, I decided to finish the game with only one character and the rest were only mules :-) And I dont remember name of the mission but there is a mission where you need to rescue your fellow soldiers and stay away from mutant base in top left corner. I didnt care :D I killed all the mutants with that one character, sniper by the way and I also recall loading the game like 15 times at one point because of one stupid mutant with browning + loading penetrating ammo :) He ranged instakilled me so many times  :'(
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 03:47:52 AM by Doobee »

GroeneAppel

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2014, 04:07:55 AM »

I'm going to disagree here.
Crits do absolutely nothing if you actually plan your build properly.
For a good tip, I advice people to invest in charisma and a good squad leader. I'm even willing to say that charisma is the most OP SPECIAL stat in the game.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2014, 04:15:55 AM »

I'm going to disagree here.
Crits do absolutely nothing if you actually plan your build properly.
For a good tip, I advice people to invest in charisma and a good squad leader. I'm even willing to say that charisma is the most OP SPECIAL stat in the game.
And you will be right to say so, it is indeed the best stat in the game ;).

Armadingo

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2014, 04:24:16 AM »

It's not easy when everyone has 1 cha and refuses to join your squad because they are too lazy to rejoin their old one.
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip