Author Topic: Name colorizing - cheat? Please fix this bug (if it is a bug)  (Read 3827 times)

lvhoang

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Name colorizing - cheat? Please fix this bug (if it is a bug)
« on: September 12, 2014, 07:31:56 PM »

I would like to report a bug in name colorizing.

I ve recently been killed by a team of 2 (either Lawyers or Family, im sure of that 100%).

The problem is that their name had no color. - their names simply didnt appear on the map.
I believe they have used name colorizing to render their name transparent.
Not only are you unable to see what faction they are,  also because their names dont appear, they can hide behind decors and you would have to sue the button Attack each time to see (and even then, again you dotn know what faction they are before its too late). This is giving an unfair advantage.

before i died I had the time to click on 1 of them. The name was Bong (or Bang).

The 2 people who did this are going to read this and I believe they will try sthg else now that its been reported.

Would it be possible for the Devs to do something about it?

Violet

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Name colorizing - cheat? Please fix this bug (if it is a bug)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 07:47:35 PM »

You might wanna tip the GMs off via ~help command next time instead of posting directly to forum to avoid the exploiters having a chance to cover their tracks ;)

Lidae

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • Wasteland scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Name colorizing - cheat? Please fix this bug (if it is a bug)
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 09:09:09 AM »

I have no idea how this would happen. The namecolorizing is client side - changing it on your computer doesn't affect others, only yourself. Are you sure you didn't accidentally press f6 to hide all player names?

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip