Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: removing other core entrances  (Read 11871 times)

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: removing other core entrances
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 08:54:20 PM »

Cant exactly check what their colour is when the moment they pop up you are dead.

The guards are not near enough to stop the shoot, loot and scoot tactics that is being abused.
I believe, Shanga or John said that they would implement battle-timer exit penalty for global map grids, so be patient I guess

Unless the timer is decently long, im starting to think that it will be pointless.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 08:58:52 PM »

Nunn being all pessimistic before anything is even announced is not a good thing to do ;).
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 09:00:03 PM »

Its hard not to be when you have lost enough gear to arm a small army to something you cant possible protect against :P
Its at the point where its safer to enter enemy gates then use Vtecs while the Russians are on.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 09:01:35 PM by Nunn »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 09:05:07 PM »

Its hard not to be when you have lost enough gear to arm a small army to something you cant possible protect against :P
Its at the point where its safer to enter enemy gates then use Vtecs while the Russians are on.
Hey come on we've camped your gates once, on the 2nd day I believe.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 09:08:37 PM »

Hey come on we've camped your gates once, on the 2nd day I believe.

More Groups then yours :P last few days its been hell around this time of day until the swarms log on.

Hans Landa

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 09:37:11 AM »

How about blocking the grid for opposite faction players if there are any friendly faction players alive on the gate map? The gate raiding group will need to wipe the map in order to exit to global map, or back off to the city if they can't dominate it. It's wrong that the attackers have an advantage at the opposite gate.

Strelok

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 11:03:05 AM »

Making more restrictions and rules will make the game less playable. In my opinion, the best way to resolve such issue - if they really is a need of it - is to make even more core gates (e.g. 10-15), while every faction could have one protected by the faction's NPCs and others gates could have randomly encountered NPCs.

catstevens

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2014, 11:05:41 AM »

I really think it's acutally good feature that enemy can come to gate, I dont see what's wrong with it. It's cool pvp feature and adds to atmosphere. There are 3 entrances per gate, plus you can preview, and just enter from another gate if yours is camped.

If you could only enter from your gangs gate, it would be worse - think about it - enemy would run through core and camp your gate, and you'd be forced to enter your gate only and therefore be forced to face the campers instead of having the option of entering elsehwere.

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2014, 11:07:40 AM »

Making more restrictions and rules will make the game less playable. In my opinion, the best way to resolve such issue - if they really is a need of it - is to make even more core gates (e.g. 10-15), while every faction could have one protected by the faction's NPCs and others gates could have randomly encountered NPCs.

I do rather enjoy the limited gates (besides the issue being discussed here), would take away from the Importance of each gate, ideas of supply lines and the general enjoyment of sharing a route with all your fellow Faction members if there where more gates.
Would rather them just add more internal core zones which are rather lacking in number then more gate zones.

I really think it's acutally good feature that enemy can come to gate, I dont see what's wrong with it. It's cool pvp feature and adds to atmosphere. There are 3 entrances per gate, plus you can preview, and just enter from another gate if yours is camped.

If you could only enter from your gangs gate, it would be worse - think about it - enemy would run through core and camp your gate, and you'd be forced to enter your gate only and therefore be forced to face the campers instead of having the option of entering elsehwere.

What do you mean by preview?
I don't mind the atmosphere of having enemies at the gates but its too easy to abuse the exit zone to avoid all trouble or overwhelm those coming in.
At the very least, one gate would make more people likely to want to defend the damn thing or at least get involved in the fighting rather then just switching gate and ignoring faction issues.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:12:29 AM by Nunn »

catstevens

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 11:17:05 AM »

On worldmap press 'town/world' button and you see little 'eye' icons over each entrance, which let you preview the map without entering to see if any campers near grid

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2014, 11:18:29 AM »

On worldmap press 'town/world' button and you see little 'eye' icons over each entrance, which let you preview the map without entering to see if any campers near grid

Ah cheers, ill have to try it out.

Hans Landa

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2014, 11:42:01 AM »

It's not about them camping the gate or about having limited entries in a camped field for the gate owners. It's about the ability of the attackers to get out of a fight in a matter of a second, once their scout sees a force they don't have the guts to deal with.

catstevens

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2014, 11:44:53 AM »

Well latest update added 8 second timer to red grid for enemy faction, that seems to be a good way to solve this, or maybe it should be longer?

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2014, 12:33:23 PM »

Why would you reduce entrances instead of simply suggesting more entrances?  if there are more ways to enter the city you are less likely to be camped.
Why not have entrances on the corners?

Edit:  wait a minute.... you had power armor? >_>  join a friggen group bro, people would love to have a power armor guy on their team.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 12:42:41 PM by faopcurious »

Strelok

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2014, 01:25:59 PM »

I do rather enjoy the limited gates (besides the issue being discussed here), would take away from the Importance of each gate, ideas of supply lines and the general enjoyment of sharing a route with all your fellow Faction members if there where more gates.
Would rather them just add more internal core zones which are rather lacking in number then more gate zones.

I totally agree that knowing the location of enemy faction supply line (or the main route of your fellows) gives you an advantage and can make the game more engaging. However, that is not the point. I assume that players who lead the platoons are not alike the blind cattle. By communicating efficiently you could be tricking the enemy all the time - and that is the way how naturally two opposing forces can act in a real life.

Accordingly to the main thread of the topic, that Captain Chilly has mentioned - making the faction entrance invisible will not mathematically change anything - those same guys could await for you one hex further inside the core.

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2014, 10:13:38 PM »

It wouldn't be any where near as frustrating if they where one zone further in camping, at least then you may have a chance to get a force together to retaliate and chase them through the core, rather then they exiting the core easily without any worry.

Edit: rather then make a double post:

How about if a faction owns the three zones surrounding their gate then its closed off to other factions? that way a faction would have a reason for more strategic zone control and they could actively work on another way of making themselves safer.
In Addition an Enemy faction could attack and seize one of these zones to allow for more strategic attacks at the inner gate.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 07:47:39 AM by Nunn »
Pages: 1 [2]

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip