Author Topic: Converting caps into faction cash  (Read 5068 times)

Weasel

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Converting caps into faction cash
« on: June 14, 2016, 06:52:27 PM »

It would be nice to have npc's inside faction HQs to wich we can exchange caps for faction money for a certain exchange rate: I.E. 2 caps for one lawyer bill or whatever rate feels apropriate.

Reasons: Only way to get faction cash right now is trough pvp, and only (decent) way to get good gear is buying it from heart vendor who only accepts faction cash. No money->no good gear->keep losing in pvp->No money.

When there is no pvp going on, people could still scavenge and sell to vendors, then trade caps for faction cash to prepare for pvp. Scavenge-> sell for caps->trade for faction cash at X exhange rate->buy pvp gear-> Fun!

Pancake

• Wanderer
  • nibba destroyer
    • View Profile
Re: Converting caps into faction cash
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 02:12:40 PM »

It would be nice to have npc's inside faction HQs to wich we can exchange caps for faction money for a certain exchange rate: I.E. 2 caps for one lawyer bill or whatever rate feels apropriate.

Reasons: Only way to get faction cash right now is trough pvp, and only (decent) way to get good gear is buying it from heart vendor who only accepts faction cash. No money->no good gear->keep losing in pvp->No money.

When there is no pvp going on, people could still scavenge and sell to vendors, then trade caps for faction cash to prepare for pvp. Scavenge-> sell for caps->trade for faction cash at X exhange rate->buy pvp gear-> Fun!

its a good idea it should be included into game

FrankenStone-MKII

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 04:47:47 PM »

what for u need transfering caps into currency lel... whole idea was to make caps useless crossfactionwiseso people dont switch teams that easy.

whole economy design wud need to be redesigned to give it some good feeling, atm its just broken and i can see why this idea is popping up, under current circumstances its not a bad idea but i would just get rid of faction currency in current state anyway and just make everything vendorwise buyable with caps also...

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 06:10:53 PM »

Good idea Weasel.

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 07:26:07 PM »

This is already possible at 1:1 rate

But it requires another player to already have spent faction money with for example the armor merchant

Weasel

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 10:04:14 PM »

what for u need transfering caps into currency lel... whole idea was to make caps useless crossfactionwiseso people dont switch teams that easy.

whole economy design wud need to be redesigned to give it some good feeling, atm its just broken and i can see why this idea is popping up, under current circumstances its not a bad idea but i would just get rid of faction currency in current state anyway and just make everything vendorwise buyable with caps also...

Well, we used to be able to get faction money by doing assignments. That was a decent alternative for getting ready to pvp when player count rised.

As for the faction switching thing: That's why there could be a lower exchange rate. Also, once you got the faction money, it's useless to you if you switch faction. You should be able to trade caps for faction money, but not the other way around either.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 09:06:24 PM »

Then it should be removed asap so more people could switch.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip