Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Attention Lawyers  (Read 38717 times)

paragon

Re: Attention Lawyers
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2015, 06:02:11 AM »

I think it was lvhoang. He prepared soil for it for a long

While naossano is playing Fonline AoP of some naive parallel world, in my world having someone in mumble/ZC group being a spy or at least somebody with a hidden personality always were an issue. Some of v-tec team switchers tried to openly for a leaders use it against lawyers as well, but were said to stop. Still it doesn't take much to infiltrate and share insider info with your team without them knowing how do you know it.

Devs can't provide you team by giving you ability to join a faction, the history knows many examples to prove that's nothing close to real. And your complains about spies is just another example.

I'm not expecting you to realise it though (: There's no reason to try to argument with me about it as well. Although, if you actually have some facts to discuss, sure, go on. But make it different from just your opinion.

Spy warfare is a common feature yet.

I have an idea from this at least. The char with higher reputation attacking the the char with lower reputation shouldn't lose reputation. With all hard work made y Cirn to make rep valid solid value, it should work fine.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:24:53 AM by paragon »

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2015, 07:34:33 AM »

I am suffering from burn out at the moment and I don't have the motivation to really try. Maybe in a few weeks I will come back and try to sort a core team out. At least the majority of us are using team speak.

Yeah "Monster" is my V tech character and is used to determine if I am wasting my time trying to start ZC. If there are no enemies, then there is no point.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:40:12 AM by Count Matthew »

lvhoang

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2015, 07:40:05 AM »

Paragon, you re trying to stab random people in the dark. Anyway, keep it up with the paranoia. You should probably remember what side I play on (Read the posts). No point arguing. But good to see you still remember your first love. :)

PS: reminds me of your earlier posts when you said Laws crashed the forum when they were about to lose... lol
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:48:34 AM by lvhoang »

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2015, 07:45:08 AM »

I am suffering from burn out at the moment and I don't have the motivation to really try. Maybe in a few weeks I will come back and try to sort a core team out. At least the majority of us are using team speak.

Yeah "Monster" is my V tech character and is used to determine if I am wasting my time trying to start ZC. If there are no enemies, then there is no point.

Have a break for a week or so, does you alot of good. Let the Lawyers work it our for themselves for a bit.

I agree with Paragon, spy warfare has it's place, but it's upto each team to police it etc. If I discover you, be prepared to be TK'd and shunned from squad.
Science without Religion is Lame, Religion without Science is Blind.

FrankenStone

« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2015, 09:29:52 AM »

blyad

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2015, 11:28:04 AM »

Tell me name of the spy and I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

I don't know who is using this account. Only seen the name of that law character. But thanks for your proposal.

About the ones spying the vtec, i can't tell. I almost never used my vtec char (they were never lacking members) outside scavenging/levelling/visiting the base, and never asked squad membership there. So i can't check who spied you or if you were actually spied. So i'll take your word on that. I hope this has stopped and won't happen again in the cession. We don't need spying. We want good pvp, not a quick 5 seconds win and i am sure most old lawyers don't endorse it either, except for the example mentioned by piggy.

As for the faction switching, i am not sure either if it would be easier or harder in the future to use the same character in multiple faction (i hope it would be easier), but it will always be possible to create multiple characters in multiple factions, if you got tired of previous faction, if you aren't enough or way too many, so the game would be playable for everyone. Regardless if you like it, or not, it promotes a different team philosophy than other servers, with their closed faction and all those poisonous isolationist behaviors they create (i spent years on one of those servers and i am glad i am not seeing some of those behaviors again. Some guys litterally hate it others for 5 or 6 years now). It is great to have those differents philosophy in different servers, as not everyone like to play with/agains't the same people forever. There are servers that allow isolationism, and other, more opens. Pick your choice according to your preference, but don't try to force isolationism on the only server that is open for switch and exchanges.

PS: I wish you a good resting Piggy. I dunno if i'll stop playing, but i would probably be out too, except when poked for PVP. Tired of waiting for action or trying to gather for action, or only having action way too late on the night, when it is almost bedtime.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:37:26 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

FrankenStone

« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2015, 12:58:54 PM »

rest in pepperoni

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2015, 01:11:01 PM »

Meanwhile suff is spying on us with his GM alt

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2015, 01:45:23 PM »

i use johns gm alt to spawn me wakizashis and sneakboys in events

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2015, 01:51:51 PM »

One of suff's nickname on IRC is paragoid which is short for paranoia. (illuminati confirmed)

Seriously if the most casual minded player (piggy) is casually spying (to check activity), what do you think the most serious hardcore player would do ? play fair maybe ?

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2015, 06:59:33 PM »

One of suff's nickname on IRC is paragoid which is short for paranoia. (illuminati confirmed)

Seriously if the most casual minded player (piggy) is casually spying (to check activity), what do you think the most serious hardcore player would do ? play fair maybe ?

Yes I do.

FrankenStone

« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2015, 07:05:58 PM »

the only honorable player is courier

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2015, 01:27:38 AM »

the only honorable player is courier
You want honor? Commit Sepukko :D

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2015, 03:55:53 AM »

You are contradicting yourself a bit. A serious hardcore player look for challenge, not cheap tricks that will rob him for that challenge or any fight, or the committement of his opponements. Beside that, Piggy said himself that he wasn't spying but checking activity.

PS: Courrier need a voice if he want to be judged...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 03:57:51 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2015, 04:32:04 AM »

Sometimes, im not using the right words. I meant "casual" as for playing for fun and "serious" as for playing seriously to achieve victory by all means.

Not the "casual" vs "hardcore perma death roguelike no levelup no armor no bonfire challenge" debate.

paragon

« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2015, 04:39:31 AM »

Was clear to you what you've meant there.
It's probably more perception/attitude stereotype issue than wording.

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2015, 06:39:40 AM »

You are contradicting yourself a bit. A serious hardcore player look for challenge, not cheap tricks that will rob him for that challenge or any fight, or the committement of his opponements. Beside that, Piggy said himself that he wasn't spying but checking activity.

Since when was checking activity not spying?? Call a fucking spade a fucking spade.

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2015, 06:44:45 AM »

From my perspective... Checking activity is a time saving exercise ( you only get one life ).... Spying would entail checking numbers and relaying weapons etc. As we are on a low population server, checking to see if anyone is available to contest is sometimes needed.

FrankenStone

« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2015, 07:48:19 AM »

god dont has a voice too

paragon

« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2015, 08:02:22 AM »

Checking activity is checking numbers at least. Gimme another algorithm if you know any.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip