Author Topic: Bursting & Full Auto  (Read 4429 times)

scabs

• Wanderer
  • The gun is good. The penis is evil.
    • View Profile
Bursting & Full Auto
« on: March 14, 2015, 01:15:58 AM »

I know the Wiki is not updated, but it's all I have to go on so pardon my ignorance.

What is the difference between burst and full auto?

The Wiki states: "Bursts, explosives and flamers are unable to cause critical hits. They might still cause special effects, however, but these are treated separately from the criticals."

Does this apply only to bursting, or both bursting and full auto?

Does this imply that criticals are converted into special affects(such as Suppression or Knockdown/out), or does it have absolutely no effect in the weapon?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Re: Bursting & Full Auto
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 01:44:19 AM »

I believe it applies to both burst and full auto (If you played other FOnlines, every bursting weapon has Burst mode, I guess whoever wrote that forgot to put Full Auto)

Also I don't think burst/full auto can cause knockdowns/KO's. (lol I don't think, I know they cant :P)  And I think there is a formula for a target to be suppressed (Targets suppression resistance, weapon perks/traits, charisma buffs)

I noticed that with Burst mode, you don't have to deploy with a machine gun. It will cost a little more AP and has a larger burst cone. Full Auto you have to deploy to get max effectiveness, less AP cost to shoot,  and has a smaller burst cone.

My information might not be 100% correct. I know wiki is not updated but...I currently have no motive to work on it :/
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 01:52:42 AM by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

Vector

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: Bursting & Full Auto
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 03:17:43 AM »

The burst and full auto modes on weapons are technically bursts, differs only ap cost, spread, onehex, range and bullets in burst, the supression is a perk on burst weapon that gives 3% chance to EVERY bullet that u fire from your weapon to supress a target, even if the bullets didnt hit it, but the target were in the weapon range cone, the supression perks are stackable.

no criticals at all, supression effects are independent from criticals, no knockdowns or ko's.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:59:33 AM by Vector »

Tuc-Tuc
200+20+20+20

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip