Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Not enough rewards for defensive/support roles in ZC ?  (Read 9485 times)

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Not enough rewards for defensive/support roles in ZC ?
« on: October 01, 2014, 08:09:42 AM »

You know the guy waiting behind doors with a supersledge or flamer, the guy around corners with burst/full auto weapon, the guy protecting sniper line, even the guy throwing a smoke grenade. If this game is about teamwork then everyone in the team should be rewarded for teamwork, not only the damager dealer guy (aka sniper)

I guess this is the kind of idea that would require a lot of time to implement but it can be simple things like giving a % of total score to everyone in the zone (oviously abusable by afk sneakers) and damage dealers get a % bonus. Also reward for ghost capping for even more abuse.

I want to know how you guys feel about the current reward distribution in ZC.  ::)

My ingame character is sylvicius, in top ten ZC right now (top kek). Obviously I don't play enough sniper to be #1 but I do ZC a lot so that's that.

paragon

Re: Not enough rewards for defensive/support roles in ZC ?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 08:25:53 AM »

I'd agree if we could unity it with rewarding outnumbered teams.
E.g. if your team is outnumbered (less people than enemy has in the zc location), than and only than you will get some % of your faction global score.

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 08:55:17 AM »

i would add rewarding medics too for defeb and dont know about first aid cuz thet can be abused easy

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 09:05:54 AM »

ZC. Is fine, only problem is that too many teams camp inside a room. Making it extremely boring /no fun.

For rewards, I say more caps or maybe faction armors,weapons,ammo should spawn in your room depending on your score.  Higher score = more loot :D

Seki

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 09:48:14 AM »

i completely agree, score is bad mechanic or at least badly calculated.. but it was said many times that ZC mechanic will be changed

for example its now even much worth to make tanks to protect your teammates because you are more giving score to other team then gaining and you also got nothing from it when playing that role compared to snipers which are topping in score in every ZC

similar with medic role or just healing other players.. not sure if its really bugged or just so bad but it gives very low score

some teams are also playing with tactic like get higher score then enemy and camp because of it
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:51:46 AM by Seki »

Fox

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 10:03:19 AM »

Well, personally I'm playing for sniper, but it's pretty obvious that reward for performance of the support functions is not enough. Most clearly I see it on example of my bud, which performs medic role. Every time he brings benefit more than anyone else and remuneration for that is really ridiculous.

Hell yeah, something has to be done with that !

Deathproof

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 10:08:40 AM »

ZC. Is fine, only problem is that too many teams camp inside a room. Making it extremely boring /no fun.

You are crying about this in all threads, make CQC char and you'll be grateful that they do. When you bring 10 snipers in ZC don't expect enemy to wait you in the open. Learn to adapt.

On topic : Yes, something should be done. Problem is that people love to abuse something in fonline games, so the solution always must be more complex......

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 10:42:03 AM »

Maybe possibly changing from being able to defend anywhere in the zone to defending a key point, with a set amount of points given for holding that point over time.
That way you would give incentive for groups to fight over key positions rather then finding the best spot to camp and wait anyone else out. An added bonus of getting rid of capping via starting with 6 and leaving 1 stealther behind while they go find another zone to cap.

Another thing would be to remove part of the score from killing someone if they where defibed.

Deathproof

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 10:46:22 AM »

Well having less than 6 people should automatically bring win to opposing team/end ZC. So you can't leave 1 guy in the zone and if less than 6 survivors, other team wins. That would take care of the left a sneaker in a toilet problem.

Neuromancer

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 11:00:59 AM »

Legendary medkits incoming ;3

Captain Chilly

• Experienced Survivor
  • Professional memelord i nthe making
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 12:47:44 PM »

as a machinegunner/Melee build, i agree that they seriously need to recalculate rewards

Gimper

• Wastelander
  • Your Loving Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 12:58:49 PM »

I'm not complaining too much, because I usually get a healthy amount of score due to my energy weapons.. But I have to agree, I see my teammates like Orlando, Solid-head etc. getting little or NO score in ZC because of melee. I think there will be some sort of big change soon, but it's just a matter of time and patience. This coding can't be done in an instant you know! I'm sure the devs are trying their hardest! Good job guys! **Sucking up**
Things just got worse.

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 01:16:41 PM »

about team camping in buldings whit my BG caracter just GL them easy points and then they must start fighting or they lose

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 02:56:57 PM »

I was itching to post a topic about this.
I think ZC really needs to be more rewarding. As it is, the main reward for ZC is being lucky and fast enough to loot the dead after the battle before your team-mates do. ZC is the hardest, most dangerous and complex task in the entire game (your average ZC makes a SSS assig look like a cakewalk), yet if you want to become strong and rich, high-level assigs are way more rewarding because as rule you get like 600 caps and something like 6k XP per assig (both for completion and combat), not to mention easy loot. Hell, if you want PvP its much more faster, easier and rewarding to simply camp a gate. People seem to be losing patience with ZC in general, 20 minutes nervously sitting and waiting for the enemy, adjusting positions, and for that you get some loot, loot which you could get from deathsquad small-scale PvP.

My main char is a short-range/ad-hoc sniper dude and my secondary is a leader EW sniper, and I barely get any points since I either get killed in the fighting (which means less bullets at my team-mates way) or my sniper team-mates destroy all the opposition before I can get there and start shooting. When I was a shotgunner, I either got lots of points from spraying mobs of chargers with flechette or zero points because the entire fighting happened at ranges too afar for me.

Gimper

• Wastelander
  • Your Loving Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 03:02:51 PM »

IMHO, the only reason people capture zones is to get better items at the rep merchant. Which in-turn, is pointless because the only thing you will use the gear on is more PvP...

On that note, I'm noticing a lack of things to do on this server, and it is getting boring quite rapidly. Hopefully new content will be added soon... *Cough* more dungeons *Cough*
Things just got worse.

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 03:35:37 PM »

IMHO, the only reason people capture zones is to get better items at the rep merchant. Which in-turn, is pointless because the only thing you will use the gear on is more PvP...

On that note, I'm noticing a lack of things to do on this server, and it is getting boring quite rapidly. Hopefully new content will be added soon... *Cough* more dungeons *Cough*

I'm starting to feel it too.
We really need more stuff to do, both PvP and PvE.
And I really think we need to make ZC more rewarding to get all these gheys out of doing eternal assigs/scavenging.

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 03:57:53 PM »

DID SOMEBODY SAY MORE DUNGEONS? WELL GUESS WHAT?

Also, its not a secret but yes we am working on adding more stuff to do ontop of the bugfixes. Fun stuff.

Regarding ZC payouts, yes they indeed do suck and are unfair. It's on the list of stuff to improve.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:39:12 AM by cirn0 »
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

lvhoang

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2014, 04:22:25 AM »

Also, its not a secret but yes we am working on adding more stuff to do ontop of the bugfixes. Fun stuff.

Regarding ZC payouts, yes they indeed do suck and are unfair. It's on the list of stuff to improve.

Yeeeepeeeeeee :)

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 06:39:50 AM »

Cirno stop being cocktease with those texts :p

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 09:08:26 AM »

You are crying about this in all threads, make CQC char and you'll be grateful that they do. When you bring 10 snipers in ZC don't expect enemy to wait you in the open. Learn to adapt.

On topic : Yes, something should be done. Problem is that people love to abuse something in fonline games, so the solution always must be more complex......
Lol, camping in room is some hardcore PvP isn't it? You guys don't even have the balls to camp an exit grid or something
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip