Author Topic: Taking an area and its rewards  (Read 3542 times)

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Taking an area and its rewards
« on: September 08, 2014, 01:28:35 AM »

What if; Taking a territory slotted a support "feat" onto the faction members currently holding it, nothing too special as you don't want the control of areas to change combat potential directly in pvp etc. But the feat itself could contain a desciption (of the small bonus) and of the effect it will have on your base, as an in game reference to what you can do/buy once these areas are taken (the specifics of which i'm actually not too sure of).
As for the bonuses, I thought a little something that represented the area taken, to give some flair to the capture. With the center being an obvious point of contest for all factions this would be the "best" bonus which I thought, a +5% bonus to gained XP (maybe not from quests, but just from crafting, killing etc). While other could vary from slightly better buying or selling prices, to slightly higher quest money rewards. Or just a little situational bonus like; controlling the whorehouse means that bootleggers in the area will treat you as friendly until fired upon (each new group). Or controlling the PV Factory means you can buy polymers and kevlar 5% cheaper.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 01:30:20 AM by mAdman »

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
Re: Taking an area and its rewards
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 01:51:47 AM »

i think the bonuses are guards spawn in that area making it safer for you to loot.
or am i wrong?

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 03:22:56 AM »

Well this was part of it I had heard a couple of things myself, like new items temporarily appear in the store at HQ etc, I am sure the solution is a simply wiki page away, or in a line of dialogue i have forgotten.

An in game reminder, unless there already is one that i have missed (in which case facepalms all round), was the main suggestion, having it appear when you get the territory "buff" in the form of a perk would be an easy to access source of information (and i know so is a wiki but hey, sometimes i want to earn knowledge, it makes me feel more cool and such).

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 03:28:05 AM »

it would be nice if it gave you a tiny bit of xp, even if you didn't kill anything, it does take 20 mins of your time =/  I dont see anyone abusing it if it gave you.... 400 xp?
enemies don't always come, but time spent is time spent.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 03:18:31 AM »

Your HQ traders will have more caps and probably faster item respawn rates if I remember correctly.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip