Author Topic: Drugs  (Read 11100 times)

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
Drugs
« on: March 04, 2013, 03:04:59 PM »

For sure they can't be "necessary" for pvp. Its should be bonus or something like that.

There is a lot of statistic what can be boosted but won't make big difference in real pvp.
Like:
- Carry limit, over weight limit
- Amount of followers
- small boost hp (10-20)
- Healing rate
- Armor Class (actually i don't know if you plan anything about that)
- Poison/radiation ress (same here)
- ko for 10 rounds (random effect? )
- Pathfinder effect

What do you guys think about it, any other ideas?

Lidae

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • Wasteland scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Drugs
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 04:00:17 PM »

First of all I just want to say we haven't really made any concrete decisions about drugs yet, other than postponing their possible existance (other than healing drugs) until we are closer to finalising the main character system. They are on a list together with many other things of which we, sometimes as a result of considerable discipline, have said: "let's remember that for later". We really don't want to get too carried away, so we need to focus on core concepts first so we have something solid to build on, otherwise the risk is great that the whole project fails simply because it's too ambitious.

Having said that, I think some type of drugs that could shift your combat proficiencies to different areas might be interesting. Something that might make a sniper oriented build more suitable for close range combat, for instance. Maybe something related to enabling/enhancing/disabling weapon perks. Just brainstorming really.

In any case, I think drugs need to come with both positive and negative effects, roughly equal in magnitude, otherwise they will be essential for any character. It also needs to be done in a way that you can't circumvent the negative effects (like 1str+jet in 2238 for example), to prevent min-maxing which in turn promotes alting.

Drug effects that only last for very short durations could be interesting too I think.

We have discussed already the possibility of drugs (or even "operations") that allow you to re-specify your character stats and possibly other things, without having to make a new character. I think this is something we will indeed have in some shape or form, but it depends on implementation details and in any case it will come much later in the development.

As for PvE related drugs (or rather, non-PvP drugs), I don't really see any problems, but it's also even further down the priority list. This is primarily a PvP server, so the rest automatically has a lower priority right now. I would say that most of the things you list, except for poison/radiation and pathfinder have some impact on PvP however, and would require careful balancing for this reason.

We do have plans about armor class by the way, the implementation was just postponed.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip