Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Redoing this game in UE4 or Unity  (Read 9644 times)

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Redoing this game in UE4 or Unity
« on: September 15, 2014, 08:00:32 AM »

Fonline is best game ewer but we all now its buged as hell has wierd lags and just f up hard, its made to be turnbased and ended real time, so i am proposing to remake this game  in Unity or UE4 full realtime somthing like this just litle more Fallout perspectiv. I maded some game concept its rought even writed some story just for fun ofc i accept any pointers and ideas this shoud be comunity game thet we all love to play. All fonline players unite, ps Brahim Boys ruls

I know to use Blender Sowlidorks so i can make 3d models i sux a litle whit texturing but will try too
Anybody iterested in helping PM me ofc would like this Dev team to contribute they head some realy nice ideas whit AoP
About art i would go full Folout looks just duno cuz copyrights so i took some google images here is pdf version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/twgkamsqupu90po/gameidea.pdf?dl=0

PS i WILL PLAY AOP UNTIL NEW GAME IS FINISHED
COPYRIGHTS i wont use any Falout assets so thet aint problem and if you not shure google WESTLAND 2 they got 2+ milion on kickstarted and dident got sued, and by the wey Falout is now properity of Behsada
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:53:09 AM by PusiteGA »

Stem Sunders

Re: Redoing this game in UE4 or Unity
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 08:06:30 AM »

As cool as this is, and it really is thanks for sharing. I don't know how easy or hard it would be to start a project such as this from scratch in either of the engines you mentioned.

using the fallout mod kits and fonline engine is one thing, but building it from scratch in a 3d engine seems like a very time consuming operation. 

I just don't think this would work but then again i'm no games designer.

I wish you luck in your project good sir, carry on!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:08:08 AM by Stem Sunders »

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 08:11:51 AM »

Time consuming it will be for sure, I AM WILLING TO WASTE MY TIME ON BEST GAME EWER, but top video example is made in 1 weak or less UE4 added bluprints thet make things faster and Unity also has fasten up game progres they both even give starting tamplates owerall game building isent like before i can make simple singleplayer isometric in 2 days just falowing turtorial and i am not even an programer

start at 3:30 to see how game loks at end
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:18:45 AM by PusiteGA »

Stem Sunders

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 08:18:03 AM »

I commend you my friend. Very nice work for such a short amount of time.
Ill send you a PM offering my services.

Unity is an amazing tool especially for beginners maybe I can learn quickly and help you out.

EnjoyTheJuice

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 09:15:46 AM »

I'm quite good with 3dsmax and Photoshop, so I can help with models and textures. But as for 3d I've only done static renders so far, so don't know much about animations. Still I could model buildings etc.

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 09:29:19 AM »

I'm quite good with 3dsmax and Photoshop, so I can help with models and textures. But as for 3d I've only done static renders so far, so don't know much about animations. Still I could model buildings etc.
i know to animate and i have a freind who animates for money so he can help too
OK just send me your contact details in PM i will contact you when i make larger group for now are only 4 of us

Butthead

• Wastelander
  • aop kicks ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 09:37:24 AM »

I heard about good guy who tried mix fonline with fallout tactics but Interplay kicked his ass due to copyright.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 09:42:07 AM »

Then he went the wrong way about it.

Its totally besides the point. This thread proposes building A GAME FROM SCRATCH with the power of Unity and UE4. I very much doubt that existing fallout assets could be used in conjunction with these programs.

This is hardly even a concept yet. give it time the finished thing may not even happen and if it does may not even resemble the Fallout you know.

In the meantime, scour phoenix for good times as im sure this game will last a long time yet! I fully support fan made games sometimes they are better than anything a AAA studio can provide.

(EDIT) I'm 99% sure I once saw Tactics assets in use with fonline reloaded (Robe models and skins possibly more) If its ok for one why not the other?
Are you sure interplay actually did take legal action? I assume they have bigger fish to fry. Did good guys game ever see release? If not how did interplay know it was in production? Or even what IF ANY assets from their games were being used?

I'm not saying anyone is lying this just doesn't make much sense to me, I'm no lawyer or legal advisor. If you can shed any light on good guys previous situation I'd gladly listen

P.S I know good guy from reloaded and he never mentioned such things. again not accusing of any fibs being told this is just pretty interesting to me.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:12:15 AM by Stem Sunders »

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 10:46:27 AM »

What will you use for networking?
How will you store persistent data?
Will you use a heightfield for levels or tiles? If it's a heightfield then are you going for geo-mip-mapping, vertex texture fetch, geometry shaders or voxels?
What lighting model will you use -forward or deferred?
What about AA and screen space effects?
Will you use parallel-split shadow maps, percentage-closer soft shadows or maybe shadow volumes (maybe with a penumbra wedge)?
Will you do skinning on the cpu or let the shaders do the work?
What about physics and collision detection?
What license will it use?
How will you split the mony once you earn $100k?

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 10:57:48 AM »

What will you use for networking?
How will you store persistent data?
Will you use a heightfield for levels or tiles? If it's a heightfield then are you going for geo-mip-mapping, vertex texture fetch, geometry shaders or voxels?
What lighting model will you use -forward or deferred?
What about AA and screen space effects?
Will you use parallel-split shadow maps, percentage-closer soft shadows or maybe shadow volumes (maybe with a penumbra wedge)?
Will you do skinning on the cpu or let the shaders do the work?
What about physics and collision detection?
What license will it use?
How will you split the mony once you earn $100k?

For networking i will use servers xD
Data is stored on Hard Drive
I am not thet deep in game making
what about colision and pyshic as i know thet all is done in Unity or UE4 engine
100k money will give to smart dudes like you to help meke this game hepend and ofc for peying servers

anywey are you programer i need 2-3 of those for now i got 2 3d 1 animator 1 music and 1 programer sey he would join if i get more people on it thets for today work hope more people apply
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:00:06 AM by PusiteGA »

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 11:25:18 AM »

About networking I was thinking UDP vs TCP. One is fast but has no control over packet order nor lost packets, the other is slower, but reliable.
Collisions can run server- or client-side. One is cheat-proof, the other will allow the server to be run on something less then a 50-core, 10Tb RAM server rack.

I wish you luck, but I can't commit myself unless you are willing to pay, I've got bills to pay ;)

Deathproof

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »

"WESTLAND 2 they got 2+ milion on kickstarted and dident got sued, and by the wey Falout is now properity of Behsada"

Wasteland 2 team (Brian Fargo and other guys who worked on Wasteland 1) got the rights from Konami, so....I don't see your point.

Fonline is basically mod/total conversion of existing game data, you can't get sued for modding something since to play it you have to own the game.

Its not an easy job you're putting yourself into, but if you have will and time, good luck to you man.

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 11:39:41 AM »

Its not an easy job you're putting yourself into, but if you have will and time, good luck to you man.

Have will and Time

Stem Sunders

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 11:55:01 AM »

"WESTLAND 2 they got 2+ milion on kickstarted and dident got sued, and by the wey Falout is now properity of Behsada"

Wasteland 2 team (Brian Fargo and other guys who worked on Wasteland 1) got the rights from Konami, so....I don't see your point.

Fonline is basically mod/total conversion of existing game data, you can't get sued for modding something since to play it you have to own the game.

This was my thinking as well. I don't understand how 1 guy got sued by Interplay who don't even own the rights anymore. meanwhile fan mods and games are coming out left right and centre without so much as a whiff of lawsuits.

I think someone got the wrong information somewhere along the line. also Bethesda are known for supporting fan mods and games.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:58:11 AM by Stem Sunders »

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 12:19:55 PM »

and by they wey i dont g a f about lawsut when i dont have no money so they can take it form me and by they wey this thread is for grouping people not for troling whit lawsuits
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:23:08 PM by PusiteGA »

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 02:43:36 PM »

I don't get why lawsuits are even being brought up, MAKE A NEW GAME.  You don't get sued for a NEW GAME.
Call it ashes of phoenix, or something else.
Dont know how well unity would handle 200 people fighting each other in a zone control though, but I assume it would be better than current engine / server XD

Stem Sunders

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 06:45:55 PM »

I don't get why lawsuits are even being brought up, MAKE A NEW GAME.  You don't get sued for a NEW GAME.
Call it ashes of phoenix, or something else.
Dont know how well unity would handle 200 people fighting each other in a zone control though, but I assume it would be better than current engine / server XD

"A NEW GAME", exactly my friend...exactly

hell

• Wastelander
  • Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2014, 07:42:16 PM »

I doubt that unity will handle well 100+ people.

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 07:46:04 PM »

Well, I dunno, I wouldn't undermind it so fast, people have made first person shooters, strategy games, and I think even MMO's in unity...

Nugent

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2015, 12:24:25 PM »

Hi all,

I found this topic by searching "unity fallout tactics" in google, since I'm currently doing it myself.
I know this is a year old topic, but I think you might be interested in what I'm doing.

A few videos of my progress so far (still far from done):
http://www.dailymotion.com/_Nugent_

In short, it would be real time only, use fallout tactics assets (need the game's files) and be multiplayer.
The world would be open (no exit grid, just streaming of a huge map + teleport for some locations).
Code is c# on both client and server, client uses Unity engine.

If anyone is still looking around here don't hesitate to tell me what you think.

PS: your capchas are evil spawns of satan
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip