Author Topic: Area control weapons suggestions  (Read 3802 times)

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Area control weapons suggestions
« on: October 06, 2014, 01:51:41 AM »

An anti-camp weapon seems to be in order anyhow.

Fire was already mentioned in the post where this came up, so if you want to make a suggestion, fire is (hopefully) already being considered.

Either way, area control weapons;

Tear gas grenades (and shootable variant for GL and grenade pistol); Could function as AP draining over time, if you don't leave the area before you run out of AP (10-20 seconds), you will fall unconscious until the cloud clears, could have a long "explosion timer" or be very slow to animate to prevent abuse also would not stack in effect with multiple grenades (more grenades cover more area instead).

Stun grenade; thrown only; everyone in the effect radius has a chance to become disoriented, winded, blinded and/or lose 30 ap. Say a 50%-75% chance for each effect, so it isn't guaranteed to have specific effects every time.

Sonic trap; When set off (1 hex trap, 10 hexes effected) all in or any who enter area of effect have a chance to become suppressed/disoriented and take light damage with each sound wave (lasts 10-20 seconds, 1 wave per second), desneaks sneakers (as damage does) and disrupts deployment, effects could stack if multiple sonic traps are stepped on in the same area.

And my last one, which goes with the fire effects;

Grease-fire trap; Ignites an area in flames for an extended period of time, anyone attempting to walk/run through the area has a chance to become suppressed and/or fall down. De-sneaks sneakers and disrupts deployment with each tick of fire damage.

Any other ideas or criticisms welcome.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 02:29:31 AM by mAdman »

paragon

Re: Area control weapons suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 02:32:33 AM »

If flashbang would affect everyone who's seeing it with effect like disoriented, it will be useful to take out sniper lines from a distance and would become the real "anti-field-of-view" weapon.

Anti-camp weapon like grenades are already working and used. The only thing: you can not throw them around the corner, meaning sometimes if angle and distance is high enough, they are useless. Implementing throwing it around the corner?... mmm.... possible, but probably not that fast and not in priority at all.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 02:37:27 AM by paragon »

Hail

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 02:47:37 AM »

Mortars,i think we need mortars.

paragon

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 02:54:34 AM »

C4 and artillery

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 03:47:47 AM »

Those sound nice, 10 hex sonic trap is a bit much though. (especially if it stacks)
Lowering it a little, and it's actually a decent one (I think that it should be more of "spotter" trap, like an alarm spring, rather than actual damage trap, so making it "flash" on the hexes you can't see will make it tactical).
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 04:32:52 AM »

Yeah the fire trap and the sonic trap are quite similar in concept aside from one, the sonic, has a larger effect radius, much lower damage (i was thinking 10-20 damage per tick, earbleeding damage hehe), and a smaller chance to do its crowd control effects per tick, whereas the fire trap would be a more concentrated area, higher damage and more CC chance. As for stacking, it would get a bit intense if you walked into 4 or more, but you have to step on them first.

The idea of a revealing trap I figured was already in the works, and sounds awesome and is also area control, though it is more of a map vision and anti sneak device directly rather than forcing people from an area or blocking off specific areas. I definitely hope to see those planned ones in action and hope they have quite a large triggering radius too.

Mortars are a bit much and I assume yous are joking lol, and c4 would be hilarious, but again a bit much.

A timebomb might go nicely for area control too, if you could throw it, but everyone would likely just use them as high powered grenades by waiting until the last few seconds, or only setting them for 5 seconds.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 04:46:39 AM by mAdman »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip