Author Topic: Private base cleaning.  (Read 6411 times)

dillinger

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
Private base cleaning.
« on: October 01, 2014, 06:17:53 AM »

Add the possibility delete useless items and objects from private base.For example - use Science on object and it deleted.

GroeneAppel

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Private base cleaning.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 07:50:15 AM »

I would much rather see some (caps paid) option to have your base cleaned and items put into specific lockers. Would save allot of time sorting things out and more time for pvp.

Doobee

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 09:24:20 AM »

I would much rather see some (caps paid) option to have your base cleaned and items put into specific lockers. Would save allot of time sorting things out and more time for pvp.
Nonsense, everyone has their own sorting system.
Add the possibility delete useless items and objects from private base.For example - use Science on object and it deleted.
Trash can that delete items every period of time maybe? x)

dillinger

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 09:30:53 AM »

chairs, tables and other

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 09:54:16 AM »

The ability to pick up, store and re-arrange items in the platoon base would be cool, though not sure if it could be done.

Graves

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 09:55:38 AM »

I love the idea, but I really think this would just be too heavy under the hood for implementation any time in the near future.  It could be a possibility to add decorations similar to how containers currently work, but you'd still be limited to only being able to remove what you put down. 

Consider that the static items you're wanting to remove are built into the map.  Now, a few options exist.  Remove all the decorations there and force everyone to decorate.  The problem with this, is this would certainly effect certain containers that were in use.  You can't really put out a bulletin saying, "Hey, we're deleting every container/item in your room/base that you yourself didn't put down," and burden the player to figure out and be sure that their items are safe.  So no ninja removing items from the map.  If only you could cut & paste the coding behind the containers, but I'm sure that would be quite an investment as the simple fact would be a lot of new code would have to be written to supplement what's already there.

I wouldn't mind seeing more customization options in the future, but really I think it should have it's limitations.  First thing I'd see happening would be people living in rooms without beds.  Do you need a bed?  No.  Does your character?  I guess that depends on your preference, but I just don't see big enough of an effect on gameplay to rationalize it.  I like the idea of a trash can, but what such items would benefit from such a thing?  I feel like the 'Drop All' command is already a major time saver in organization.  So long as you already have 1 of an item in there, it'll go exactly where it's supposed to go.  It's easier to pull a few handfuls here into this container and a few to that followed by a mass drop into the Footlocker I've come to joyfully call the miscellaneous bin. 

Again, a great suggestion, but it'd be well behind balancing and adding new features.  That said, expressing interest is the best way to drive attention somewhere and I'd wanted to Science away the containers that came in my room myself initially as well, so trust me I understand.  :)

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 10:42:27 AM »

Actually, I've already written a script for a personal maid that will pick up and deposit items into containers. I'm just wondering how many caps I should see this for. Maybe a $4.99 DLC.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 11:14:34 AM »

Actually, I've already written a script for a personal maid that will pick up and deposit items into containers. I'm just wondering how many caps I should see this for. Maybe a $4.99 DLC.
'Dis the second one already? Man, you are pumping those faster than I'm able to play. If this keeps up I'll have to sell my belongings to keep up, sheesh.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

vaultboy

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 11:18:57 AM »

I think option for decorating bases is good idea. But how it should works... well that is problem.

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 11:49:51 AM »

Add swimming pools DLC for $1.99 and this game is going to compete against The Sims 4.  8)

GroeneAppel

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 12:17:11 PM »

Nonsense, everyone has their own sorting system.
Trash can that delete items every period of time maybe? x)

Yes they do, but for those who don't care for spending hours going through trash it would be quite a welcome addition.

Klot

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 01:15:00 PM »

Can i have a script to remove trollmates from base?

Poor Ernie

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 08:51:29 PM »

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 08:57:53 PM »

Can i have a script to remove trollmates from base?

You have so many more sexdolls than me I'm jealous, I'd be honored to walk on a carpet of sexdolls, in fact I'll buy them off you, if you can get someone to pick them all up.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip