Author Topic: Decent way to level up?  (Read 14107 times)

baskila

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Decent way to level up?
« on: September 08, 2014, 05:59:53 AM »

Can anyone share a decent way to level up? I played Reloaded and could do it fairly well but here I find it difficult. Tried random encounters - large groups simply stampede my ass. Assignments - can only take one target at a time, die, come back and try again. Phoenix - some mobs but it brings it's own dangers.
Any advice?

Fayfay

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: Decent way to level up?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 06:07:28 AM »

Farm assigments with other players.

maszrum

• Wastelander
  • The Rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 06:07:53 AM »

Assignments,  assignments ,  assignments.

if you cant finish assignments alone in few minutes try to make party with other people and do quests togher. Thats pretty fast way to get some exp.

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 02:57:17 PM »

sometimes you can kill things in the wastes if they are fighting other things, so when you see neutral adventurers fighting thugs try to get in on the action, just make sure the adventurers are going to win.

Varn

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 04:11:25 PM »

How exactly do Assignments work? I go to the guy in my base and ask for work, I'll pick a mission and his "Ok I accept" and then I have no idea what to do next? SO far I've only tried to do Search and Destroy missions since they seem like the easiest. I've been told that after taking an Assignment I'm supposed to go out on the world map and look for a new location that is supposed to appear someplace around the base, but I can never find any. I've ranged far and wide all around the base and never found anything.

That also begs the question, IS there anything else out there at this point, or is it just Phoenix and nothing else?

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 04:14:09 PM »

Make sure you actually got the mission, it will say ''such and such is on an assignment"
and you should see it on world map.

There is also the mine for mine defense, but you need an ally or two, dont know if it is still glitched or not.

paragon

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 06:53:23 AM »

I see currently 2 ways to level up relatively fast and safe.

1. 2nd Level Assignments. You need to get 30000 to get access. And friends to finish them.
2. Hunting Death Claws and aliens. They are slow and gives a lot of hp.

Seki

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 08:25:20 AM »

as #1 most exp player i can say :
1. assignment every 10mins with using some program for timing (from heart in group if possible)
2. crafting, there are few things which are easily craftable from basic resources and gives 250xp per craft, i will not say which ofcourse :D

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 08:30:13 AM »

Laser pistols to magnetos give 250

Also pretty much the only way to level up is assignments.

Seki

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 08:40:21 AM »

btw when we are at leveling.. many players are asking me how did i leveled that quickly..
1. alot of experience, preparation, readed whole wiki, asked for mechanics..
2. i wasnt sleeping for over 40 hours after release
3. few hours after release i had 2x more exp then next guy (all #5 players most xp was from bbs at that time) by abusing  tutorial, when you completely logged out (after few mins being off) and logging back you was on new tutorial map because they are deleting when being empty, that map had ofc again all npcs and loot  ;)
but it wasnt really abuse because i reported that like 2 weeks before release but one of gm team told me that it was intended to reduce lags on server and its okay because there is some kind of exp diminishing at higher levels (didnt noticed  ;D)
after that few hours GMs teleported at me and told me to leave tutorial, to reduce lags on server and stop abusing it..
after doing this for few hours i had 20k exp really quickly even through lags and when i left tutorial i immediately had awareness because there was enough geckos for it after 2-3 resets of tutorial and also ~750 caps for selling misc items
4. after leaving tutorial i joined rest of bbs which was doing assignments, it was going slowly but next day when we had much bigger group (of 7-10 players) we started doing them VERY quickly, like 3-5 mins / assignment
5. crafting, as i said above its way to go if you know what to craft, i will not spoil more about this  ;D
6. when assignments was limited with 10 minutes cooldown we was already geared and leveled enough to do assignments from heart, we was timing them almost every 10 minutes, during meantime ofc crafting, scavenging for max efficency
thats all, now im going to finally reach level 24

and dont forget that this game isnt only about level  :P
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:59:04 PM by cirn0 »

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 12:43:03 PM »

I don't have a life, and I still couldn't get anywhere, you must have like MINUS a life.

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 05:10:51 PM »

2. i wasnt sleeping for over 40 hours after release

And I thought that me playing 14 hours was hardcore  :P

As everyone said assignments and crafting.
Well disassembling all the junk after assignments help a little too .

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip