Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Big Gun Snipers needs buff  (Read 15456 times)

Ranforius

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Big Gun Snipers needs buff
« on: February 03, 2017, 04:28:54 PM »

like in topic - all big gun snipers needs a dmg buff because as50 and dsr make less dmg than L96A1 but need to be deployed soo they are really useless right now :/

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
Re: Big Gun Snipers needs buff
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 10:19:45 PM »

Different scale of combat brings spotlight to different weapons.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 12:02:54 AM »

DSR is pretty ok, As50 is lovely weapon.

S1mancoder

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 04:50:13 AM »

Well AS50 despite having lower range and requirement to be deployed deals significantly more damage than L95, especially if shot fails to score critical. Other strong side of AS50 is that it can be used for unaimed shooting and score good damage in that role, morever, it is ususally a primary use of the weapon. Just make sure you have enough BRoF bonuses from charisma/armor/perks or traits to have AP cost of 33 for unaimed, that will allow you to do 3 shots in a row, that will show the gun's potential.

Ranforius

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 06:21:37 AM »

Well, I know big snipers are good but still my pal loose against L96, but maybe because of his build. Anyway thx for your advice

S1mancoder

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 06:57:12 AM »

BG snipers indeed tend to lose to SG snipers due to the fact that crits undeploy them. BG snipers is more about dealing damage to non-sniper targets, so SG snipers are somewhat a natural counter to AS50.

Hawk

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 09:17:17 AM »

IMO it's impossible that .50 BMG deals less damage to targets than 7.62x51, also impossible that big caliber rifle got less range than smaller caliber... In first session things were more balanced, Minigun was like Minigun, big caliber was like big caliber, Desert Eagle was like it has to be... Only assault rifles needed some tweaking, that's all. I don't see the point why devs decided to completely change all the system, though nobody liked the changes...

Ranforius

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 10:12:32 AM »

Well I test as50 against sg sniper once more and even gives my pal bring me down to 100 hp then I still was able to kill him with dragunow :/ that really was sad

So in my opinion as50 is much more weaker compare to other tier 9 wep
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 10:15:17 AM by Ranforius »

Ranforius

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 10:30:26 AM »

BG snipers indeed tend to lose to SG snipers due to the fact that crits undeploy them. BG snipers is more about dealing damage to non-sniper targets, so SG snipers are somewhat a natural counter to AS50.

Well they are shit even against pks or m240 or even aek and pancor...my question is : what's the point of using big snipers if small ones counter them ? What's the point of using big snipers if pancors and aeks still can easly kill them ? Pls guys look for it because guy with metal mk3 ( well manny ppl use it ) can get to you simply rushing and then hit you with single shot from pancor for 120 ? How .50 caliber can make less dmg I know it is a game but big guns snipers won't be used at all if you won't balance it
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 12:12:59 PM by Ranforius »

Letys

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 01:28:58 PM »

like in topic - all big gun snipers needs a dmg buff because as50 and dsr make less dmg than L96A1 but need to be deployed soo they are really useless right now :/

Yeah make more eff range and thats will be enough don't fuck up this like particle trying do something special plx

YES PARTICLE IS FUCKED UP AND DONT FUCKING TELL ME ITS SILL OP CUZ IS FUCKIN SHIT ,,|,,

Ranforius

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 01:36:42 PM »

Yeah make more eff range and thats will be enough don't fuck up this like particle trying do something special plx

YES PARTICLE IS FUCKED UP AND DONT FUCKING TELL ME ITS SILL OP CUZ IS FUCKIN SHIT ,,|,,

honestly particle have great dmg but it is too slow to fight for now 'cause most of fight is in buildings or in small areas soo you have something like 30% of chance that your traget won't hide before you shoot him :D

clochard

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 02:12:22 PM »

we need missile launchers with targeting system and 2000+ range that deal 600 damage in a 50 hexe area.

Ranforius

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 02:29:23 PM »

we need missile launchers with targeting system and 2000+ range that deal 600 damage in a 50 hexe area.

Don't be childrish....I'm not talking about DSR=200dmg like it was in season 1 but it should be a LITTLE buffed so it can be some alternative for snipers...looks for AEK it is closer to your "missile launchers" description xD
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 02:40:48 PM by Ranforius »

FuckYou

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2017, 02:47:45 PM »

Don't be childrish....I'm not talking about DSR=200dmg like it was in season 1 but it should be a LITTLE buffed so it can be some alternative for snipers...looks for AEK it is closer to your "missile launchers" description xD
actually aek is ranged ripper from season 1 without bleed mods
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 04:30:03 AM by FuckYou »

S1mancoder

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2017, 02:52:45 PM »

Well they are shit even against pks or m240 or even aek and pancor...my question is : what's the point of using big snipers if small ones counter them ? What's the point of using big snipers if pancors and aeks still can easly kill them ? Pls guys look for it because guy with metal mk3 ( well manny ppl use it ) can get to you simply rushing and then hit you with single shot from pancor for 120 ? How .50 caliber can make less dmg I know it is a game but big guns snipers won't be used at all if you won't balance it

Ok I see what you need to know. Weapons in this game are made so, that the longer the range they have the less overall DPS, it is a general rule of thumb (not without exceptions). So BG snipers have quite good range, that mean that in terms of DPS they're generally worse than some closer range weapons.

SG/BG sniper rifles, particle, siege weapons like sonic/plasma cannons, rocket launcher and so on are only really useful when fights are at least 10 vs 10 in size, and it is by their design. If you want to go 1 v 1 or small scale pvp with teams like 5v5 then you should not pick those weapons.

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 03:37:59 PM »

Ok I see what you need to know. Weapons in this game are made so, that the longer the range they have the less overall DPS, it is a general rule of thumb (not without exceptions). So BG snipers have quite good range, that mean that in terms of DPS they're generally worse than some closer range weapons.

SG/BG sniper rifles, particle, siege weapons like sonic/plasma cannons, rocket launcher and so on are only really useful when fights are at least 10 vs 10 in size, and it is by their design. If you want to go 1 v 1 or small scale pvp with teams like 5v5 then you should not pick those weapons.

On a more individual level: BG snipers need a very specific build (an as50 actually needs a different build than DSR) to be effective. Both DSR and AS50 were heavily nerfed time and time again because they tend to dominate battles (esp in groups). This means that the guns themselves only work when you devote your character to only use that one single weapon. When building an close range SG character or a SG sniper even you have a lot more liberty in choosing what you want your character to look like.

I can't really play atm cos bad internets and I might be a bit out of touch but I haven't seen any major changes here so I'm quite confident you'll still kick ass using a dedicated as50 build. I can't log in atm and char planner is offline otherwise I'd share you a build. (I know s1man knows the secret)

Anyways: try a dedicated build (having a 2nd bg/sg sniper with you is rather convenient) in a 5vs5 or more battle and you'll cause a huge amount of carnage even if it seems that as50 is weak.
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

Ranforius

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2017, 03:51:05 PM »

well all I wanted to see in battlefield more wepons than just reapers, aeks, and pancors...and I know that particle and big snipers was op in big battlefields but now your online is max 30 ppl and fight is like 5vs5vs3 or something like that....just want to see more wepons here, 'cause gatlings, sonic and plasma cannons still are usefull but this ones ( now I mean big snipers ) aren't but thx for every information - I will try out to find that build

FuckYou

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2017, 04:54:04 PM »

well all I wanted to see in battlefield more wepons than just reapers, aeks, and pancors...and I know that particle and big snipers was op in big battlefields but now your online is max 30 ppl and fight is like 5vs5vs3 or something like that....just want to see more wepons here, 'cause gatlings, sonic and plasma cannons still are usefull but this ones ( now I mean big snipers ) aren't but thx for every information - I will try out to find that build
that is why everyone (except devs and some cunts) want to rollback to season 1, we got better balance and more diversity

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2017, 06:25:05 PM »

Man whole array of different weapons are used.

I saw Aek, Laser Rifle Ext, Minigun, SCAR and many others for less than 1 hour of play.

AEK seems to be the go to shit weapon that is most popular.

Today what suprised me today was the plasma pistol.

Ranforius

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2017, 06:35:38 PM »

Man whole array of different weapons are used.

I saw Aek, Laser Rifle Ext, Minigun, SCAR and many others for less than 1 hour of play.

AEK seems to be the go to shit weapon that is most popular.

Today what suprised me today was the plasma pistol.

You are right I just wanted to show that we closed ourselves in narrow section of weapons when we have so manny other, good weps that's all I mean there. anyway you were right about that as50 build ( I got max shoot for 35 ap, can't get lower without leadership ) and it brings doom O.o thank you for you help here
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip