Author Topic: Poison  (Read 4779 times)

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Poison
« on: September 14, 2014, 12:19:34 PM »

Why is every low-level creature poisonous? Ants, scorpions, dog, rats all of them.
Having a pathetically low level I need to pause for 5-10 minutes after every fight (..that I run away from) just to spam first aid on my character. 

Stem Sunders

Re: Poison
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 12:25:41 PM »

Scorpions and Ants are self explanatory (they carry poison in glands) and the other animals would most likely carry diseases on their claws and in their mouths it adds to realism but I understand what you mean. You will eventually be able to take them down without them touching you. Until then there are antidotes to remove it and other things to raise your poison res I THINK. Or you could run and pop, try your best for them not to get close.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:35:15 PM by Stem Sunders »

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 12:54:11 PM »

Realism and all, but it's very annoying. For an antidote I need some radscorpion tails and a bottle of water, but I have no idea where to get the last one. As for keeping out of melee range - at low levels, with a low level gun? Not with my mouse skills ;)

paragon

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 04:22:32 PM »

Antidode costs only 20 caps in lawyers trader.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 05:04:31 PM »

You can find bottles of water in the core or on dead npcs, ask around your faction im sure someone will have them sat idle in their room.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 10:01:46 PM »

I would say it is because they only have one type of damage for poison, and like bleeding, it stacks on itself in ways, and these creatures, low level or not, need a way to make them annoying or dangerous, even if only slightly.

I was concerned when I blew up a barrel in a search and destroy mission and it poisoned me for over 10 minutes, now that was cool and unexpected (someone made the joke that I blew up their toilet and was standing too close). But why poison? Why not radiation in that instance?

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 11:52:57 PM »

There was radiation, rad-meter was just fixed, you were radiated, you just didn't notice that.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip