Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Lets talk about grenade launchers.  (Read 18135 times)

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Lets talk about grenade launchers.
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 05:24:36 AM »

NNYT won't allow that, I know, for some reason I feel like it.
Making nades foundable only.. like rockets? (you can still buy them, but not a lot).
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Acidic

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 05:35:12 AM »

Make them findable and only restock when certain zones are captured? Like the 4 innerzones. When captured the stores restock with grenades. And Maybe even make them more expensive than they already are.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 05:38:25 AM »

Make them findable and only restock when certain zones are captured? Like the 4 innerzones. When captured the stores restock with grenades. And Maybe even make them more expensive than they already are.
That's the worst possible solution.
So any dominating faction would always have a stock of nades? ;), which basically means they will be undefetable.

Acidic

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 05:43:09 AM »

Though. If the dominating faction holds the fort... then they arn't getting the restock. Since they aready own it and not actively capturing it... But now that I think about it I don't think it works that way.... *sigh*

paragon

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 05:43:35 AM »

Does g'lauchers have smoke ammunition? They should!

Fayfay

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 05:48:15 AM »

What about creating a new sort of equipment wivh drasticly increase a type of resist (laser, plasma, xplsions, etc...). And have to be set as passive in the second weapon slot, for example?

What about introducing some king of tactical shield wich have a chance to stop shots (of any kinds) and provides cover to teammates behind? The cons would be no weapon at the same time.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 05:52:12 AM by Fayfay »

paragon

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 06:00:16 AM »

Shield are really cool idea. Respect for it

Captain Chilly

• Experienced Survivor
  • Professional memelord i nthe making
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 06:52:18 AM »

Suggestion. Well... I don't know. Maybe have grenade ammo not buy-able. Maybe make it a special only buy-able in extremely limited quantity and only available when a certain  zone is captured... Maybe make the grenade launchers uncraftable and only available to find or buy.
Hell... make it a reward for one of the special platoon only assignments/Zone Control areas that are being Planned.
Really I have no true suggestions. But I know that when this game is going to get popular its just going to be a grenade spam fest and the defending team is just going to sit with their back on the ground since grenades knock your ass out almost 100% of the time. *shrug*.
first of all, grenades are already quite expensive and very hard to find at the core, not to mention that grenade launchers are also rare exepnsive loot
second of all: dude, jsut fucking run, you'll be safe, i wasted  5 grenades on one guy before realising that it was useless  and that he was running to me with a punch gun so i pulled out my m16 and emptied a clip into his chest and he got split in half

twas beautiful

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 08:21:42 AM »

Shields are a silly idea ;P, imagine that you HAVE to have a person, to play as a shielder... immersive gameplay.

paragon

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 08:48:33 AM »

you always can change a weapon and shoot from your second arm.

wojciech

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 09:06:59 AM »

Ye plx introduce Braum and his shield from League of Legends

Hans Landa

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 09:52:43 AM »

I don't believe that we will see mass Milkor fights. They are very situational. Snipers+suppression wreck them at long range and using them in close range is a suicide. The weapon requires a skilled operator to do any damage besides spamming a hex during defences.
One detail that would be great to be added: a visible animation for the flying grenade, make it even more dodgeable.

Acidic

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 02:07:25 PM »

first of all, grenades are already quite expensive and very hard to find at the core, not to mention that grenade launchers are also rare exepnsive loot
second of all: dude, jsut fucking run, you'll be safe, i wasted  5 grenades on one guy before realising that it was useless  and that he was running to me with a punch gun so i pulled out my m16 and emptied a clip into his chest and he got split in half

twas beautiful

I don't even use GLs and I have 4 grenade launchers in my inventory and 100 shots. So they arn't as rare as you think. And aiming a grenade launcher isnt as hard as you think. Yea theres lag time to the shots... but anyone who is skilled enough and knows the lag time can lead a shot. And you proved another point... if someone is running up to you to counter your GL spam, you just swap guns to deal with them... then swap bag and start spamming the defending team in a ZC.

I don't believe that we will see mass Milkor fights. They are very situational. Snipers+suppression wreck them at long range and using them in close range is a suicide. The weapon requires a skilled operator to do any damage besides spamming a hex during defences.
One detail that would be great to be added: a visible animation for the flying grenade, make it even more dodgeable.

I don't know what faction your in. But when V-tech defends a point they have no less than 5 naders spamming them in any decent defensible area. And there isn't any long range line of sight places that allows a sniper+machinegunner suppress a GLer.. Since a GLer is not aiming at people and doesnt have to be in direct line of sight to do damage. All it requires is a tiny bit of situational awareness. And typically a GLer has snipers of their own defending them. So if a sniper does see a GLer hes usually in sight of 1 or more enemy snipers. Watch a ZC fight and just start counting the grenades that hit people. You'd be surprised at just how much they do.

hell

• Wastelander
  • Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2014, 02:52:26 PM »

I dont find GL's any good, yes they do knockdown, yes they do splash demage, but long fuse time and low demage make them somewhat good only in certain situations like sieges and pve since npc's doesnt run from geanades.

I suggest make grandes from Gl's more noticable. Like blinking red or something.

*MGL's granades now explode instanly ? wtf
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:59:54 PM by hell »

Acidic

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2014, 05:31:46 PM »

This game PvP is mainly focused around sieges... so its more often than not you'll be in a situation where grenade launchers shine... and they shine so bright that even the great Egyptian sun god Ra dims in comparison... (okay maybe not that much but it was fun to type so shush)

Acidic

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2014, 04:09:49 AM »

Its becoming silly. Every lawyer I see now uses grenade launchers. The scoped nade launcher seriously needs to be removed or something. At least the non-scoped one has the limit on range so they have the close the gap a tiny bit. *sigh*

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2014, 06:48:59 AM »

It does seem that the Zone capture fights are becoming more a matter of Grenade Spam and Snipers then anything else.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2014, 09:52:13 AM »

It does seem that the Zone capture fights are becoming more a matter of Grenade Spam and Snipers then anything else.
Well heavy weaponry if freaking expensive compared to sniper rifles and nade launchers, throwing isn't a viable option (for obvious reasons). Sneaking is really weak and useless in mass fights (as an attacking character, not as an info gatherer.).
HtH is completely useless until devs will implement AC (since it works only when moving, it's the bread&butter of HtH).

So eh... Energy weapons? (they are still used heavily as heck).
Everything that's viable is being used at ZC, no wonder that it is like that ;).

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2014, 09:59:26 AM »

Well heavy weaponry if freaking expensive compared to sniper rifles and nade launchers, throwing isn't a viable option (for obvious reasons). Sneaking is really weak and useless in mass fights (as an attacking character, not as an info gatherer.).
HtH is completely useless until devs will implement AC (since it works only when moving, it's the bread&butter of HtH).

So eh... Energy weapons? (they are still used heavily as heck).
Everything that's viable is being used at ZC, no wonder that it is like that ;).

Summoning seki who is in top kills and have only hth char :D

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2014, 10:00:28 AM »

Is he a top-pvp char DURING ZONE CONTROLS THAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT?
If not then what the heck are you writing about.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip