Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 24.10.2014 Changelog  (Read 27612 times)

Stem Sunders

Re: 24.10.2014 Changelog
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2014, 10:50:53 AM »

I also agree about the madman sentence you mentioned.

My point was more about avoiding killings newbies/pacifist whenever possible, and especially not brag about it, never considering it as something to be proud of. Turn out that most newbies are in bluesuits, which lead to the "avoid killing bluesuit" mindset. But it is more about newbies that bluesuit itself.

I also agree, especially about the bragging (Its not exactly hard) does anyone brag about killing suites?

I know what you mean about the newbies but without asking them, its hard
I would say impossible to know if they are new or not.

Imagine asking "Are you new to the game?" before making a decision to shoot or not.

We can keep it to a minimum on an individual and personal basis, but in the larger picture it would be impossible to stop newbies dying 100%
After all, only they themselves can change the outcome of an adventure.

If that sniper bluesuite did not fire, I would say I wouldn't have either,
especially considering I was with one of his faction mates at the time.

You know?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:55:05 AM by Stem Sunders »

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2014, 11:03:45 AM »

I would see that the bluesuits that have low hp (awareness required) and mostly scavenge in their gate or the closest zone (the one that always have the same faction NPC patrolling). Even then you can't avoid it all the time. But that doesn't mean you should go forward killing them.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

Stem Sunders

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »

I would see that the bluesuits that have low hp (awareness required) and mostly scavenge in their gate or the closest zone (the one that always have the same faction NPC patrolling). Even then you can't avoid it all the time. But that doesn't mean you should go forward killing them.

Like I said all we can do is make a personal effort to try.

BG Sexpert

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2014, 03:55:53 PM »

Here is the thing about bluesuits in the core. With the exception of people returning to where they died, bluesuits entering the core are completely at the mercy of other factions, and at the expense of their own faction.

Anyone who posts about being killed as a bluesuit is an entitled child. Why? They expect their faction members to protect them from enemy factions, and potentially NPC's. They contribute absolutely nothing until geared, and when they loot they are taking potential loot from players in the core actually doing things.

If any enemy faction kills a bluesuit its to be expected. If a bluesuit is TKed then so be it. They have no right to complain as the person who killed them deserves the loot more. The wasteland is harsh. Don't expect other players to carry you just because the name above your head is the same color as yours. How selfish can you be?

As for new players, low tier missions provide more xp and loot typically than core runs will provide at lower levels. The core is not designed for low level grinding. Players are actually quite helpful of new players as long as they aren't douchebags. I've made alts on all factions just to give them a feel, and any questions I had were answered pretty swiftly by players and aid was often given.

edited to remove cursing :3
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:07:54 PM by BG Sexpert »

lvhoang

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2014, 04:02:04 PM »

Here is the thing about bluesuits in the core. With the exception of people returning to where they died, bluesuits entering the core are completely at the mercy of other factions, and at the expense of their own faction.

Anyone who posts about being killed as a bluesuit is an entitled faggot. Why? They expect their faction members to protect them from enemy factions, and potentially NPC's. They contribute absolutely nothing until geared, and when they loot they are taking potential loot from players in the core actually doing things.

They can fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned. If any enemy faction kills a bluesuit its to be expected. If a bluesuit is TKed then so be it. They have no right to complain as the person who killed them deserves the loot more. The wasteland is harsh. Don't expect other players to carry you just because the name above your head is the same color as yours. How selfish can you be?

As for new players, low tier missions provide more xp and loot typically than core runs will provide at lower levels. The core is not designed for low level grinding. Players are actually quite helpful of new players as long as they aren't douchebags. I've made alts on all factions just to give them a feel, and any questions I had were answered pretty swiftly by players and aid was often given.

I do agree to some extent (not to everything though) but come on, settle down, take it easy man. Was there really a need for vulgarity in your post? :)

BG Sexpert

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2014, 04:05:03 PM »

I do agree to some extent (not to everything though) but come on, settle down, take it easy man. Was there really a need for vulgarity in your post? :)

Probably not. I'm just so damn tired of hearing about the same 3 or 4 people complaining about being it. It started in Discussion, then Suggestions, now here it is in Changelog.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:13:28 PM by BG Sexpert »

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2014, 07:06:55 PM »

Excelent points, BG Sexpert.
I would add that the currently-criticized Family Vendetta Deathsquads actually do a favour to our own bluesuits, in the following ways:

1. We patrol the Core and eliminate or bait any threats to our bluesuit friends.
2. Our attacks against our enemies attract their own deathsquads to fight our deathsquad.
3. Other factions' bluesuits also benefit by having rivals for loot and ganking attracted to our deathsquad.

So enlist today in your own factional deathsquad! Clean the Core in the name of [insert faction cause here]!

good guy

• Wastelander
  • its fun to be scared sometimes
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2014, 08:37:26 PM »

what should death squads usually be armed with?
watch these 2 videos when you feel down
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2014, 02:40:07 AM »

what should death squads usually be armed with?

In the old times I used my second-best equipment, today I just use my best equipment that I can substitute for. But then again in the old times I burned through lots of equipment due to all the ZC I used to do. Just don't use TL3 stuff like Power Armor, Gatling Laser and Pancor and you will be fine. I also don't use any armor beyond CAmkI and Metal Armor MkI, they're too expensive and best used in ZC and assigs. Bringing Faction Armor MKII or CAmkIII to a deathsquad is foolishness. Deathsquads aren't supposed to be fancy and expensive, a truth since the days where robes, AKs and a crowd shouting allahu akbar could kill anything short of a ZC squad.

My experience is that the best weaponry for deathsquadding are:
1. Pistols (Deagle .50 AE, S&W, Magneto-Laser for kockdowns, Plasma Pistol Ext., Pulse Pistol)
2. Shotguns (Their main role is to provide knockdowns and knockouts, taking enemies out of the fight and stopping enemies from fleeing. The damage is ok but shotgunners are midrange support. I usually stick to the Combat Shotgun, but double remmys with flechette can be lethal. CAWS works too I think. Jackahmmer through, is too precious to use anywhere but in assigs and ZC.)
3. Long-range, high-powered Assault Rifles (FN-FAL is perfect for this - strong, double-tap, fast shooting, long range, etc. AK-74 is good too)
4. SG Sniper Rifles (the faster shooting the better. Best use is leg-cripping, if the enemy gets leg-crippled its pretty GG)
5. Rad SMG (because limb shredder)
6. Laser Rifle - High laser damage, fires at good rate, precise, big range. Just sucks against metal. Way better than plasma rifle.
7. Needler and wakizashi for sneakers.

Also, I think Big Guns aren't good for deathsquadding because
a) time and AP taken deploying means less time and AP to start shooting
b) Big Guns as a rule are slow to attack, which sucks when you are in a running gunbattle
c) Big Guns can't aim, and the ones that can (Sniper BGs) hit upon the previous problems
d) Reloading is slow as hell
e) Can't run with minigun
f) flamer is too short-ranged.
g) Ammo expenses are bad. I usually take 500 bullets for my machinegun in BG deathsquading, that goes for around 300 caps and frankly that's half the reward for a high-level assig (its the same reason I don't take BGs to assigs anymore except flamers).

(having a BG dude can be very good if you set up a ambush team, tho. BG shines in ZC, but not as much in a running gunbattle that requires fast, constant movement)

Also, I never used grenades in deathsquadding, I can't see them (and MILKORs as well) being very useful unless you're expecting to fight static groups, lots of groups.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:46:53 AM by The Brazilian Slaughter »

good guy

• Wastelander
  • its fun to be scared sometimes
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2014, 10:37:27 AM »

alright thanks for the info
watch these 2 videos when you feel down
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2014, 10:53:45 AM »

Also, I never used grenades in deathsquadding, I can't see them (and MILKORs as well) being very useful unless you're expecting to fight static groups, lots of groups.

Nade is a 100% status effect, which often leads to a kill.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Harpy

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2014, 11:16:36 PM »

Best Death Squad for me would be 5 people all with Super Sledge's. ^_^

Hang-Lip

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Wastelander
  • Got a smoke?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2014, 11:45:10 PM »

-Added scope perk to scopes. You can now hold scopes for sight bonus.

A binoculars item for use with the utility slot?

Free fov, no thanks

You get sight bonus from holding scope now. So u dont use scope because u dont like free FoV.
Replace scopes that now have scope perk, with a item that makes more sense (binoculars). Same function

Now think about it......its the same thing.
Can u understand that perteks? sheesh.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 11:47:35 PM by Hang-Lip »

AKA Ox-Skull.
Hang-Lip graffiti by Stem Sunders.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2014, 01:02:12 AM »

I don't think you understand hang lip. There's a difference  between  hand and utility slot.  If they added binoculars and used by the utility slot, that is free fov, almost everyone will use that. (Sight bonus while holding weapon,no thanks)

But Scopes however require you to have them in your hand, not utility slot

Hang-Lip

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Wastelander
  • Got a smoke?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2014, 01:19:14 AM »

I assume then, that it must be in active hand. When u switch to weapon, sight bonus is lost?

AKA Ox-Skull.
Hang-Lip graffiti by Stem Sunders.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2014, 01:27:23 AM »

I assume then, that it must be in active hand. When u switch to weapon, sight bonus is lost?
yes or this would be op,  especially while holding a weapon.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2014, 01:31:43 AM »

alright thanks for the info

BRSlaughter makes great points, but I feel I need to add: 

Dont be afraid to take a milkor. Even on single enemies, the knockback and damage are wonderful, while being relatively mobile.  Hex shooting is your best friend, and you can lay down some hellfire in a quick second.

To people talking about blue suits, most of the "blues" you see are higher level players running into the core to farm.  I don't hesitate to shoot them anymore because they should know better.  I've been walking around with a gun and armor since I could craft them, and I never leave home without either.

vaultboy

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2014, 11:01:06 AM »

Why no updates guys?

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
  • Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2014, 11:04:31 AM »

They're workin on big ones...
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

Stem Sunders

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2014, 11:23:18 AM »

Why no updates guys?

"Soon"

Beat ya to it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip