Beginner guide: Discover the world
Explore the world
In Ashes of Phoenix you will explore the city of Phoenix and the desert around it. Time to discover how to move and configure your view.
To move your character you first need to set your cursor in moving mode. To switch the cursor mode use the right click of the mouse. To move to a position left click on it when you are on the moving mode.
Some other keys are usefull for moving:
- "," allows you to stop and rotate your character.
- "Shift + click" allows you to walk instead of running. Good for minefield\sneaking.
The main way to leave the location and enter the world map is to set your foot onto exit grid tiles.
Move camera : Use the arrow keys of the keyboard or move mouse to the edge of the screen to move the camera.
Zoom : Press "z" key and scroll to zoom (or hold "z" and press "Pg up\dwn"). Your camera will never be able to see outside of a map's border so you will not be able to unzoom if your camera is stuck in a map border.
In AoP you have to manage your sight of view. It is important to know what you can or can't see when you are in-game.
weapon spread cone : When you use shotgun or burst mode not all of your bullets will follow the same direction. Press Ctrl to display the spread cone ; any of your friends inside that zone will get hurt if you shoot ! ( You need to set "weapon max efficient range" on )
The world map is used to navigate between different locations around Phoenix. The world map will be displayed once you leave any local map ( by using brown exit grid for example )
- 1. Green spots: These spots are locations where you can enter a map. ( The map of your headquarters, the map of the phoenix entrance, ... )
- 2. Your position: This icon shows your current location
- 3. Phoenix: This is the city of Phoenix. You can cross it on the world map and have to enter the city using one the four gates.
Just double click when you are over a position to enter it. You can enter the desert at any place you want ( Green dots are not mandatory ) to discover random map.
Interact with the world
To interact with the world you need to set your cursor in the interaction mode. Use right click to switch from move mode to interaction mode.
If you long click on someone (player or npc) the interaction menu will drop allowing you to define what exactly you want to do :
1. Look : Have more information about the character. Displayed in the log area.
2. Move : If you are close to one character you can switch your position with its. (Usefull when someone block a door for example )
3. Inventory : If you want to use an object of your inventory on someone ( For example : using a steampack or a defibrilator )
4. Skill : If you want to use a skill on this character ( First aid, Doctor, ... ). Note there is shortcut keys for all skills.
5. Tag : Allow you to tag someone and create a group. It allow you to play in group for mission, trip in world map or to enter dungeon.
6. Close : Close this menu
If you are close to an other player character you will have two more icons:
Next page : The art of combat