Author Topic: Make robes viable, at least as good as leather jackets.  (Read 6624 times)

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
Make robes viable, at least as good as leather jackets.
« on: May 06, 2016, 12:58:09 PM »

At least make robes as good as some of the combat leather jackets,  maybe even an expensive to craft robe, and have it be as good as the combat leather coat.

Weasel

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: Make robes viable, at least as good as leather jackets.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 01:18:26 PM »

Id suggest a review of most armors personally....those i've managed to use anyways. Dont know about the stats of top tier ones...but metal mk1-2 leather mk1-2 combat mk 1....why? pretty much 80% of the bullets in-game have dt/dr mods of -20/-30....meaning that they would totally ignore any of these armor's resistances. Unless the armor mechanics were changed? Or is those dt/dr mods on bullets an actual % of the armor's dt/dr? I.E. Metal mk 2 is 20 dt. Is it 20-20=0dt? or 20-20%=16dt?

Wire

• Global Moderator
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 01:33:08 PM »

Pink robe is very viable... If you want to make your opponent's blind :7
(=<`#9]~6ZY32Vx/4Rs+0No-&Jk)"Fh}|Bcy?`=*z]Kw%oG4UUS0/@-ejc(:'8dc
irc: V_guessWho

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 03:15:52 PM »

Id suggest a review of most armors personally....those i've managed to use anyways. Dont know about the stats of top tier ones...but metal mk1-2 leather mk1-2 combat mk 1....why? pretty much 80% of the bullets in-game have dt/dr mods of -20/-30....meaning that they would totally ignore any of these armor's resistances. Unless the armor mechanics were changed? Or is those dt/dr mods on bullets an actual % of the armor's dt/dr? I.E. Metal mk 2 is 20 dt. Is it 20-20=0dt? or 20-20%=16dt?

All ammo mods are %

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 04:43:59 PM »

I think devs just look at name and actively ignore my suggestions....

Mad Matt

• Experienced Survivor
  • True Ranger... True Ranger never changes...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 04:49:23 PM »

This plus dmg output in lower tier guns.

Another thing, please bring back old armors recipes. Mk I needed to make mk II, and add some use for chitin scraps and deathclaw hides. Thank you.
He rules the roads.
The Maximum Force of the Future.
The last law in a world gone out of control. Pray that he's out there somewhere.
When the gangs take over the highway... ...Remember he's on your side.

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 04:55:32 PM »

Robes are kind of a sidegrade to leather jackets, unless you mean the Boreal robes, which the tier 1 of is equivalent to a leather armor.
That said, we are looking at reworking armors again.

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 05:13:45 PM »

This plus dmg output in lower tier guns.

Another thing, please bring back old armors recipes. Mk I needed to make mk II, and add some use for chitin scraps and deathclaw hides. Thank you.

You used to need an insidious amount of material to get from SCA to SCA MKIII. And yes, people did craft them. But, back then the economy was more or less working. Right now its not. So we have SCA MKIII in the shop couple days after launch.
ATM I'd rather have our dev team focus on good game play and whatever features they still want to implement than on fixing stuff like this.
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

Mad Matt

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 05:56:28 PM »

Teela that's just my opinion. I don't demand to do it my way this night or even this hour :D
He rules the roads.
The last law in a world gone out of control. Pray that he's out there somewhere.

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 06:28:36 PM »

Robes are kind of a sidegrade to leather jackets, unless you mean the Boreal robes, which the tier 1 of is equivalent to a leather armor.
That said, we are looking at reworking armors again.
What I mean is they should be as good as even the combat leather coats, and jackets.
The boreal robes are no longer craftable.

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 07:20:13 PM »

I've had the protos in place to make a higher tier of robe that is closer to the CLC, but the problem is that it's kind of crappy that they all look the same. It makes it harder for people to figure out what they are dealing with.
As far as just buffing the old robes, hell naw. Then there would be none for early game, which is something we're sorely lacking in already.

Take comfort in knowing that the stuff is already in place for another tier to be released, we just have to think on it more.

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 07:38:28 PM »

comfort taken :)
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 04:30:04 AM »

Another option  could be to use the new mod menu to add another armor inside the robe (any leather outfit, but no metal/combat/power armor). So, not only you would hide your other armor, but benefit from the cumulative effects of the armors & the robes, and extend durability of the armor, as the robe should be destroyed before the armor get damaged.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

Mad Matt

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2016, 03:17:02 AM »

Oh, great devs with almighty papa Cirn0 pls leave your feedback on this truly brilliant idea about making low and mid tier weaps and armors working as intended not only as junk for sciencing purpose. In the name of Ashes of Phoenix, greatest of all cities...help us.
He rules the roads.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip