Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: What is the role of sneaker?  (Read 16242 times)

Scalesan

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
What is the role of sneaker?
« on: May 05, 2016, 04:41:45 AM »

Hi,

I would like to know what is the role of sneaker in combat, some of our people are sneaking around, but they aren't that much of use while fighting other team. They can give information, sometimes even dispatch separated enemy, thats for sure. But same character is capable to run in core invisble, without system message, just hunting down all lone scavangers in some sort of poor skill style.

I would like to know, if sneaker build is realy supposed to eliminate every loner in core without being spotted. Or there was actualy some vision of PVP while implemented?

Some factions are doing real PVP, like hounds, family or church, but others have few and/or unskilled players like vtec/brahmins/lawyer. They mostly rely on sneakers trying to outnumber some newbie, or doing some other fishy action. Is this not a problem in matter of game development?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 04:44:23 AM by Scalesan »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: What is the role of sneaker?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 04:51:09 AM »

Watch some of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s PvP videos:

At least these sneak series.

I hope that answers at least some of your questions concerning sneak characters in group PvP

I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

mdgeist

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 05:12:14 AM »

In short, they can have a few roles.

Assassine! (get into your back and backstab/kill you)
Scout! (in teamfights, map control is the key!)

Scalesan

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 05:13:36 AM »

Yeah, he is in our team, i see what he can do. That's what i mentioned actualy. He has to watch his steps, play smart fighting other team. Unlike players whos gameplay is based on "fishing". Just using spy alt in other factions, or scouting frequented spots for lone players to stab them from nowhere :D. They probably spend much more time in game than regular player, but still unable getting stuff on their own, instead they are feeding from players trying to supply themselves.

This way some kids in fonline2 are playing too. But in fact they just ruining fun for everybody else. They are unable to do real PVP for months or even years. Doing repetitvely this sort of fishy "fishing".

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 05:29:04 AM »

They just instant-kill loners before they even see them, and pretend it is pvp, while in fact, they removed from those loners the opportunity to do actual pvp, as they are down before the fight even happen (from that loner perspective. One seconde before, there is no opponement. One second after, they are already dead. No pvp at all.), and then they post troll videos about themselves being proud of pretending to do actual pvp, with overpowered character, non-existant gear (compared with actual PVP character), and using the exact same tactics for the last 2-3 years.

Some of them dare to try to face small groups, which make good entertainment, but for the most time, they just pick up loners that weren't aware of them, and that might leave the server, reducing the overall server population. (although is is certainly not the only reason the server population decrease, it certainly helps)

They can have a role on ZC (which consist of gathering information, first of all), without being detrimental to the rest of server life.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:30:52 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

Scalesan

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 05:35:29 AM »

So they are doing it for 3 years even in this game? There were no attempts in development to restrict this at all?

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 06:02:44 AM »

History of sneak changes is very long...

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 07:11:41 AM »

I wouldnt even mind yet another sneak rework and giving them a more defined role. For example making them support only and giving them weapons that poison/cripple/knockout/bleed/mark a target in addition to the scout capabilities. Would certainly solve the problem of loners getting instakilled if all sneak tools only do indirect damage.

On the other hand, i dont think the game should be balanced around 1vs1 at all and playing a combat sneak that doesn't rely on sniper weapons proves quite challenging and fair in large scale fights.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 07:37:40 AM »

Well... Take watchtower if you are scared of those things then?..

Mad Matt

• Experienced Survivor
  • True Ranger... True Ranger never changes...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 07:48:26 AM »

Marking targets or calling something like artillery support would be nice.
He rules the roads.
The Maximum Force of the Future.
The last law in a world gone out of control. Pray that he's out there somewhere.
When the gangs take over the highway... ...Remember he's on your side.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 08:34:34 AM »

They could still do direct damage.
The problem is the fact most lone vs combat aren't even combat at all, as it is over before one of the parties involved was even aware there was a combat in the first place. Sneak can still be dangerous as long as the guy in front still as a chance. (of winning/fleeing/whatever.Just let him have an input in the fight)
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 08:39:15 AM »

They could still do direct damage.
The problem is the fact most lone vs combat aren't even combat at all, as it is over before one of the parties involved was even aware there was a combat in the first place. Sneak can still be dangerous as long as the guy in front still as a chance. (of winning/fleeing/whatever.Just let him have an input in the fight)

You name the problem, you dont name a solution

Scalesan

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 08:54:01 AM »

Like realy, there is noob guy of lawyers running around with knife and cutting people like potatoes. I ll be back when game is fixed :D. GG.

Or hounds guys, camping at the gate exit grid, like a boss, wtf, this is worse than FO2 glow dungeon, lol. Add previews LOL
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:02:08 AM by Scalesan »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 10:05:08 AM »

Sneaking should be reworked to only be scout with the minimal damage output on battle characters. I mean, I'm seeing sneak squads running around with deagles and AEKs which are not sneaks weapons and just gunning down battle characters, the wakizashi and needler are too strong (something I've been trying to get nerfed, instead they just changed SD to so massive bleed instead which is the same IMO as before)

I don't even want to play a battle character cause seeing how easily one sneak can take me down...so I'm just forced to play a sneaker.

I'm just here, running around with wakizashi, almost killing people in 2 hits, 3 is a guarantee, 4 is overkill. I don't understand how some people argue that it's fine the way it is...players exaggerate on how hard it is to get behind someone with wakizashi, and needler is a nuisance when you're fighting, and sneakers shouldn't be running around with these AEKs or other shit.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 10:22:31 AM »

Add previews LOL

http://prntscr.com/b0kz5k

There are previews ;(. You just right-click instead of Lclick on the gate

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 10:54:02 AM »

Sneak was always one of worst aspect of fonline, I would be happy if there wasn't sneak on this server.

Nobody no matter how exprienced can be 100% safe from sneak, this fucking invisibility spell is absurdal and with how stron hth here is, its even more lethal than other servers.

I would like to have some special anty sneaker thing what gonna disable or even shock sneaker into walking from 15 hexes or something.

No silent runing perk would be good too, you still can make something out of sneak but it would need to set some trap to use it offensivly not just stupid following and backstab

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2016, 10:59:06 AM »

I was and still am all up for sneakers being scouts/video recorders only. Even if they can dish out some damage, they shouldn't be able to survive the retaliation shots.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2016, 11:01:31 AM »

Add previews LOL

http://prntscr.com/b0kz5k

There are previews ;(. You just right-click instead of Lclick on the gate

They don't work. Yeah you wee the map but can't see no players. One time I spawned on the hound faction but managed to get away.

wojciech

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2016, 11:11:36 AM »

Sneak was always one of worst aspect of fonline, I would be happy if there wasn't sneak on this server.

Nobody no matter how exprienced can be 100% safe from sneak, this fucking invisibility spell is absurdal and with how stron hth here is, its even more lethal than other servers.

I would like to have some special anty sneaker thing what gonna disable or even shock sneaker into walking from 15 hexes or something.

No silent runing perk would be good too, you still can make something out of sneak but it would need to set some trap to use it offensivly not just stupid following and backstab

This and in addition sneak profession is giving fun to several people and annoying the rest.

Sneaker should be a scout. I hope You understand.

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 11:38:32 AM »

I suggested  Tranq rifle for sneakers duno why it was newer implemented, i think i still have link for thread in my  Signature. That would make scout/sneeker a good support
Pages: [1] 2 3

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip