Author Topic: Pancor Jackhammer  (Read 7620 times)

FrankenStone

Pancor Jackhammer
« on: February 10, 2015, 06:25:50 AM »

I love the pancor with the new shotgun ammunition but it lacks somehow a double tap maybe moving reload too since it has a roundmag and isnt hand loaded one by one ,  since its bullup design , the high ap cost and low clipsize already would limit it anyway , double tap would be cool for it i think , its the endclass of shotguns anyway and it have less traits than any other shotgun ... discuss
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:56:26 AM by FrankenStone »

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Pancor Jackhammer
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 07:03:59 AM »

What would you give up for double tap trait ?

FrankenStone

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 07:14:03 AM »

What would you give up for double tap trait ?

why to give something up ? its like i said its already limited to its high ap cost and clip size of 10 ... plus its fucking close range like eff range of ~20 hexes

it really lacks something , bigger clipsize since its roundmag or doubletap because of bullup .

plus it isnt craftable , u can make it T3 if u want too ... lazergatling was getting love now its time for some shotgun love ...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:41:20 AM by FrankenStone »

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 07:43:01 AM »

Well for balancing, you know take some machine guns for example (ahem.. saw/bar/lsw) just give them +2 or -2 damage and they can change to OP weapons or trash weapons. Or spears...

Basically, are you saying that pancor is a trash weapon compared to other shotgun  and deserve double tap trait as a straight buff ?

FrankenStone

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 08:20:54 AM »

Well for balancing, you know take some machine guns for example (ahem.. saw/bar/lsw) just give them +2 or -2 damage and they can change to OP weapons or trash weapons. Or spears...

Basically, are you saying that pancor is a trash weapon compared to other shotgun  and deserve double tap trait as a straight buff ?

its not trash but in comparison to other shotguns it lacks something somehow plus remember that we talk about a noncraftable weapon, i payed yesterday with it and it feels a bit bulky for a bullup shotgun imo ... it does decent dmg not as much as a BAR or a SAW , also u dont have the range with it and it feels like a bit unmobile .  you run out of ammo very quick if u burst , u dont have moving reload which let u stop when u reload which leads to if u chase someone then your clip is empty and u reload and u have to stop which is annoying because it has very limited range , well but that wasnt my suggestion ... what i mean is doubletap would give u the opportunity to reload without going into minus ap if u doing it in right time so it would feel much more like a mobile weapon or when u use singleshoots u could shoot 1 maximum 2 more bullets to the enemy which isnt a big deal since u dont deal OP dmg with singleshots , i always end up with 3 or 4 shells in the clip and my ap bar is gone even with max ap regen+ u need to wait 2 sec to shoot another shell if it would have doubletap and even then u couldnt spam with it i think  , because it has high ap cost and again limited mag size... and average dmg on a well equipped opponent is ~30 per single shot per burst its something around ~50 on range and we talk about ~20hex eff range with high ap cost , with full clip u can eff burst 3 times and 1 shell is left so 4 burst isnt effective as other 3  ...

i think dmg wise its fine atm what would make it really interesting is moving reload and doubletap

ok im wrong on other shotguntraits but thats not a big deal the problem is that other shotguns almost similar in ap cost and have all mostly same traits CAWS and CMB Shotgun ... thats why most players prefer a cmbt shotgun over a pancor ...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:51:44 AM by FrankenStone »

Moebius

• Wanderer
  • The Little Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 08:30:41 AM »

I'll never disagree to something that buffs any SG  ;D

But yeah, arsenal for shotty isn't large at all considering it is still a very good choice for pvp. Pancor could get a buff seen how "rare" it's supposed to be.
"Kek Kek Kek Kek Kek"
-Grease Gun

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 09:01:08 AM »

I really don't like the idea of "rare" weapons being straight up better than non "rare" weapons.

FrankenStone

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 09:11:38 AM »

but lazergatling is , plus pancor isnt that rare but it definatley lacks something for being the end tier of shotguns ...

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:47:55 PM by FrankenStone »

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 02:44:44 AM »

SHOTGUN GET BUFF
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 12:50:34 PM »

DAMN

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 01:26:06 PM »

Anybody knows how to buy pancor? I mean, is there any zone that the faction must capture to have the option for buying pancor, or its totally random?

Famiglia

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 06:47:59 PM »

Anybody knows how to buy pancor? I mean, is there any zone that the faction must capture to have the option for buying pancor, or its totally random?
Heart merchant or craft it

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2015, 04:30:47 AM »

I didnt even know it was possible to craft pancor  :o

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 04:47:41 AM »

Don't think you can.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2015, 05:36:37 PM »

Heart merchant or craft it

You're full of fecal matter.   T3 weapons cannot and have never been able to be crafted. If they were I'd have weapons lockers with nothing but MG42s.

Edit: Well fuck me sideways, Pancor is T2.  Why can't we craft it?

« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 07:33:07 PM by MARXMAN »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip