Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: 19.11.2014 Changelog  (Read 30414 times)

paragon

Re: 19.11.2014 Changelog
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2014, 04:33:49 PM »

I don't understand what you're trying to say by your post, Stem Sunders.

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2014, 04:42:00 PM »

it was just a joke
i dont hate teks nor am trying to insult anyone
am happy there are still players to play with
cuz enemies are as much needed as friends
above all we all are fellow PLAYERS
btw i think paragon refers to vaultboy but am not vaultboy
am sorry if i didnt get it right
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 04:44:58 PM by nailbrain »
there is no such name as Biggus Dickus

Stem Sunders

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2014, 04:45:22 PM »

"why dont you do ZC naossano?"
I do believe he was there although not in the screen. naossjr is it?

"Thank you for the great example of random player whose hate is much bigger than ability to create and cooperate. That one had ability to join v-tec organized group but cared about looting random dead bodies much more and never wanted to share his existence with "main party" of the v-tec."

Referring to suff? If not then my bad.

"but it's obvious that you don't understand the situation that well as you think."

I don't think any one of us can understand the situation entirely, I get that you have lots of experience with the games. Much more than I'll ever have, but still.

Again I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'm not agreeing with you either.
Because I can't comment on what clans would do to/for AoP, I didn't play the others long enough to really find out how clans worked.
I do know that I didn't/don't like the other Fonlines game play/world/set up though.
I like AoP for what it is. really does feel like a different game from my pov, ofc

(Added) I really like being forced to play with other people, noob or vet its all good.
I also understand that not everyone gonna feel that way.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 04:50:49 PM by Stem Sunders »

paragon

« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2014, 04:50:16 PM »

Character Suff is mostly played only by me.
Refference was about another player.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2014, 04:51:56 PM »

Character Suff is mostly played only by me.

Oh well that makes sense then lol.

Out of interest who were you talking about?
If its VaultBoy I gotta say hes been quite the team player and a jolly good laugh, at least when around us anyway.

i dont hate teks nor am trying to insult anyone

cuz enemies are as much needed as friends
above all we all are fellow PLAYERS

Truth!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 05:00:15 PM by Stem Sunders »

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2014, 04:53:02 PM »

for who is your comment ? VaultBoy
or me
cuz i have never been part of anyting but  BBs
i even dont know how enemie bases looks exept the Vault where i send my alt to look around
(btw it is nice and very practical base)
Goofy ????
there is no such name as Biggus Dickus

paragon

« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2014, 04:59:36 PM »

The story about the VaultBoy. We had quite unpleasant experience with him and his friends in v-tec.

lvhoang

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2014, 05:12:35 PM »

V-teks"dominating" the core

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL OMG What are you guys doing to Suff! its horrible!!!

@ Stem Sunders:
LOL yeah VaultBoy is pretty fun to play with. Not too emotional and likes teamplay.
But then at the end of the day, we re all fellow players. You can't really hate people you don't know.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 05:20:23 PM by lvhoang »

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2014, 05:45:47 PM »

AoP is better suited for clanless people.

Clans don't accept random people.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2014, 05:49:25 PM »

AoP is better suited for clanless people.

Clans don't accept random people.

Everyone is random to somebody else.

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2014, 06:11:05 PM »

What paragon said about BB is pretty true. I was BB and participated in most ZC during that time. He is definitely right on point, incredible to see how well he put it down.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2014, 06:27:31 PM »

I do play ZC with lawyer with naossano sr, and another faction with another character.
(and another RP)

About lawyers platoons, they were three big ones initially, the Judge, the TTTLA and the BBS. BBS joined another faction quite early, and many TTTLA left for different reasons, and the lack of clans wasn't the reason. Anyway, when we wanted to stick together instead of the rest of the faction, we could easily do it by taking another zone at the same time or doing PVP without starting the ZC. (at the time you needed to manually activate the flag)

What is unfortunate is that the Bboys & family allied themselves a little too late. Most lawyers were getting tired of only fighting the V-TEC. Bboys/family had nice tactics, but not enough number to make a difference agains't us or the V-TEC. By the time you allied, most lawyers had already left.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2014, 06:28:22 PM »

Again, clans will stomp on casual/newcomers, it's like that in every Fonline, dont talk about swarm when you see the builds they have, the equipment they use. And you know that well, you can easily win 5v10 if in building + food/psycho/good build, a lot of people dont even know about psycho, a lot of people dont know what weapon is good against what, etc.. They wont learn if they are in their own faction and get pawned everytime they go out.

No point continuing to argue about that, if you can't accept that newcomers faction will get pawned and bullied all time until they all stop, well I can't say anything else anyway, so I'll just say that I'm happy how this server is done, even though I liked Reloaded a lot. And I do not want to change that.

FrankenStone

« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2014, 07:19:12 PM »

hmm server is ok i think , but at this point , 2 factions would make more sense . dunno why many players left , could be possiblbe because of that forcing the clans to play with randoms but on the other hand i think its alos because its 1st season , many things not impletended as planned and there is many content which isnt in game ... all other fonline servers are far away from their 1st season and have more content , so to me its no wonder that they are more populated atm . AoP got great PvP mechanics and theres no other server like this , ive herad also from alot of guys that they odnt like that grinding stuff at core , but then again i think to myself other serevers arent different . the only difference is that if u are in the dominating clan u dont have to grind anymore because u get so much stuff from TC boxes and shit , i guess thats what most players are used to ... and when u really played AoP longer than at the first rush then u notice that stuff isnt a problem here really to get .
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:50:40 PM by FrankenStone »

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2014, 01:49:35 AM »

Basically it comes down to the fact that people who enjoy clan play just don't want to socialize with anyone outside their group. They would rather be killing EVERYONE than be forced to have people on their side. I don't think cooperation is a radical idea, I disagree with that rhetoric; in almost every online shooter in the past 10 years you have randoms on your team. AoP doesn't have steal or lockpick, so there really isn't anything to be worried about with talking to players that aren't a member of your in-group. People are stubborn as hell.

paragon

« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2014, 03:26:50 AM »

"clans will stomp on casual/newcomer, it's like that in every Fonline"

I think it's your personal pain. It doesn't matter how much time you repeat yourself, it won't make it any more true. I played Fo2 in a small group, allying to fight "the stamping clans", several groups were always open to play with new players having no strict requirements (like NCR). They all were pretty effective. V-tec history as well shows clearly that everyone who wanted to play in team - got in the team. Fortunately, some "stamping" clans like Drones left soon enough and cross-clans problems was solved in first weeks and never appeared again.

And now your only point is "some people don't play that well as others can". So, well, we need to delete all drugs, leadership and give all only 1 type of equipment and char so everyone will be equal and not stomp.

The biggest difference between AoP and other servers in this is that you can't dominate by grinding, and there are not many other legal ways to dominate which clans know.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 03:33:36 AM by paragon »

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2014, 03:59:03 AM »

Do whatever you like but Family will rise again, you think that whole Family cant be 1 big clan ?
We even started to use telepathy (a perk that have to be added btw) to communicate so we don't even have tell anything.

Goodjob  lawyers for coming to zc was fun to have you back.
Vaultboy is a fun to play player and a good player too, just to add.   

Also I wait for when the resurrection of the Phoenix happens again.

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2014, 04:25:40 AM »

You're wrong with your assumptions, I've been in dominating factions in Reloaded and believe me, it's stomping the newcomers who dare come to TC or unprotected cities.

So many people are doing TC traps to kill new players doing caravans or just going between Junktown and Hub, for what ? Challenge ? Lol. A lot of experimented people do like to stomp on people they know they cant retaliate, of course they have more fun playing against other factions, but they are happy to kill new players too.

This is limited in AoP, look how Family was protecting their newcomers in the core with their hunting party, in Lawyers, everybody could go ZC too etc

Again, it's not that people won't have fun, it is that this server focuses on making a good gaming experience to newcomers too, and I dont want that to change.

greenthumb

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2014, 04:44:30 AM »

i have noticed discussion of inability to play and organize just group of players you like/know. But since i am too lazy to read whole thread i would like to just  highlight feature dedicated this purpose, its called "platoons".

If current game settings doesnt support this ability, it doesnt imply we need to segregate groups of players. What we need is improve feature of platoons to enable players having their own action ("phoenix missions") independent of other faction members.

Just enable new ZC type with higher reward and maybe achievements for platoons themselves, where they define some more difficult goal in NPC dialogue (e.g. taking zone in upcoming 30 minutes and holding it for 2 hours) Also global message should state there is pending mission of certain platoon. Other faction members should be warned they arent supposed to be in defined location and become excluded of ZC score aswell as reputation sanctions. Its up to platoon who will be invited to their action and who not, for this purpose there should be more ranks in platoons and platoon invitations managed via squad interface. Fame and other core activity indicators should be more transparent, so platoon can actualy choose players considering those for their action.

Casual ZC should remain untouched enabling other players to take another zone simultaneously.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 04:53:01 AM by greenthumb »

paragon

« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2014, 04:51:37 AM »

I've seen many times like Family were creating "good gaming experience" for newcomers killing  scavengers/bluesuites 5v1 with their hunting party. Isn't it stamping? Or because they didn't call themselves a clan it's not? What's the difference?

And when v-tec is capping family zones rarely somebody is able to protect any newcomers.

There's no good gaming experience without having a stable opponent, and there's no such in groups of randoms.

In the same time you're fully ignoring what I've said. V-tec was led by people from clans from the beginning and never had any severe problem.

In the same time as you said BEFORE clans left, they were able to defend scavengers.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 05:14:24 AM by paragon »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip