Author Topic: [MISC] Containers  (Read 4858 times)

Feervich

• Wanderer
  • Family
    • View Profile
[MISC] Containers
« on: September 16, 2014, 01:00:28 PM »

Hey on both my characters putting things in or taking things out of containers takes an inordinate amount of time. I can see the stopwatch waiting cursor for over five seconds, frequently. This issue doesn't seem to be a problem in the core, but anywhere else with containers I get this delay. I thought maybe I simply had too much stuff, but even on my new secondary character I get this problem. It's so slow I have started to drop my items in piles on the hexes in my room, and picking everything up then dropping it all is still faster than using containers. This issue arose about a week ago. The first week of launch it was smooth sailing.

So if that wasn't clear here is an example:

Fearvich loots 5 junk, Fearvich hurries off to his room to stash said junk.
Fearvich opens his container for crafting supplies, drags the junk over to the container window, hits all then enter.
Fearvich waits several seconds for the junk to actually move over to the container.
Fearvich cries.

Oddly, if I hit F1 while the stopwatch cursor is active, the loot will often rush on over to the container, but doing this with every pile is quite tedious. While a few second wait isn't a problem, when I have mountains of loot it takes me a very long time to drop loot off.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:02:44 PM by Feervich »

catstevens

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: [MISC] Containers
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 01:03:33 PM »

that sounds like a real pain in the ass. Maybe try fresh reinstall? is all I can think of

Feervich

• Wanderer
  • Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 01:50:26 PM »

Reinstalling seems to have fixed it, but I am not positive. I will post again if this is still a problem.
Thank'ee catstevens!

Doobee

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 06:35:52 AM »

sometimes this stopwatch cursor can be bypassed by ESC, but dunno if it would fix your problem

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 10:19:24 AM »

In general, the stopwatch means server lag.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip