Author Topic: Gate camping  (Read 5330 times)

Kroktil

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Gate camping
« on: September 17, 2014, 04:45:06 PM »

Make the faction gates to phoenix only available to the relative factions. PvP has to be in town, and is not a silly spawn at 12 killing blues.

gggrant

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Gate camping
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 05:55:42 PM »

The game is pretty much set up for PK'ing bluesuits. It is the easiest and safest way to get PvP kill counts up. I suspect this is by design. Even if it isn't, I am not sure much can be done about it.

Kroktil

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 05:57:13 PM »

PvP is not spawn camping, there is a feature about that in all MMOs :P

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 06:02:37 PM »

That will be terrible because there would only be 1 way to get in the core.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 06:19:17 PM »

That will be terrible because there would only be 1 way to get in the core.
I Agree with stalker, what's to stop the PKs just camping the exit grid in the next area?
At least in the current state we're not completely cornered, we have the option of entering from three other gates.

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 07:14:49 PM »

When they camp the next area you got time to organize a counter attack rather then just the time it takes to exit the core at a gate.

The Guards have helped levitate some of the issues, Ive managed to trick 1-2 enemy groups into getting slaughtered or run off by them, the problem with those of course is that they de-spawn after they get to their end of patrol route and you have to wait for a new one to spawn.
It would be nice if Guard patrols do not despawn at the gate but go back and forth from set points indefinitely, any lost guard NPC would re spawn at set intervals to replenish the patrol and to give attackers a lull if they manage to wipe the unit out.

Two alternatives:
If the three ZC areas around the gate are owned by the gates faction, it locks that gate off too other factions, giving an incentive for a faction to defend those vital Zones and attackers to take them.
Same as above but rather it doesn't close the gate off but spawns patrols in the neutral zone between the capture zone and maybe buffs the gate patrols.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 07:39:40 PM »

Very interesting, I still don't agree about locking off faction gates as default. However, I agree it may be an interesting feature and incentive for keeping your local zones under control.
(EDIT)
Then again what if one faction is unable to keep those zones under control? That faction would be at even more of a disadvantage, making it even harder to make a comeback for as long as the remaining factions gates deny them access.

I don't know how the guard patrols would work. What happens if the patrol is destroyed by enemies before they finish their route? Will others spawn immediately at a set location? Or does a timer then begin its count down sorta like it does already.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:43:41 PM by Stem Sunders »

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 07:41:57 PM »

Either could do a timer from death or have set intervals of an agreeable amount of time for the server to check if the patrol guards are alliance and respawn them if they are not at those intervals.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip