Author Topic: New to game, character idea  (Read 5215 times)

The Waste Prophet

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
New to game, character idea
« on: October 06, 2014, 09:46:07 PM »

Hello all, I am new to this game and was trying to think of interesting ideas for characters when I stumbled upon the idea of a pacifist doctor character who would simply try to help those injured in the battles or in need of anything in the waste. He would be a strictly pacifist character and would give equipment to those who need it as well as helping to heal any faction that approached him. My question to you would be, is such a character doable in this game as I am downloading everything currently, and what is the chance of me just getting outright shot on sight while trying to help wounded of a potentially hostile faction?
Thanks everyone
-The Waste Prophet

Deathproof

Re: New to game, character idea
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 10:06:49 PM »

While I generally like the idea, I guess you should try leveling in one faction then quit it to roll around as independent FA/Doc guy.

But its a trigger happy place, I wouldn't even try....you'll get shot 99% times. You could try contact various platoons to make some sort of neutrality with players.

VVish

• Wastelander
  • Like the wind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 02:16:39 AM »

I think you can sustain as a real combat unit with just healing\doc, maybe some stun grenades which doesn't do direct harm to people, without using guns. Generally such a support unit would make a great deal, especially for Gifted characters.
So, you can always try - but be advised bluesuits are rarely allowed to enter battlefield, and for medic having at least camk2 is musthave in my opinion.
Good luck in Wasteland.
Spoiler for Hiden:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 08:39:21 PM »

medic having at least camk2 is musthave in my opinion.
Support* combat armor

also your idea is terrible, you'll get shot on sight by anyone if you choose no faction.

I suggest joining V-Tec/lawyers cause they're the current active ones, being a medic is fun cause I'm one :D

Hang-Lip

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Wastelander
  • Got a smoke?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 01:49:25 AM »

Its actually a cool idea. Shame about players mentalities.

Regardless of the fact, that you'll be shot a lot, you should still attempt your idea.
If everyone didn't try something different, because they got told its a bad idea or you'll get shot a lot the game will never go anywhere.

AKA Ox-Skull.
Hang-Lip graffiti by Stem Sunders.

KAM

• Wanderer
  • Relentless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 10:14:07 PM »

(...)being a medic is fun cause I'm one :D

Brilliant argumentation.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R