Author Topic: Single Shell Loading and Your Magazine  (Read 4201 times)

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
Single Shell Loading and Your Magazine
« on: January 26, 2015, 07:13:49 PM »

This is really more of a question than a suggestion, because I don't know too much about the engine.

Is it possible to see custom configured magazines sometime in the future?

E.G.  I choose which shells to load into my shotgun or Grenade launcher.  You could have any combo of rounds put together as long as you took the time to do it beforehand.

For Assault Rifle, Pistols, SMGs and other Mag-Fed weapons, what about adding a magazine item to the game? Not necessary to use your weapon but if you put them in your inventory and fill them up before combat you could have custom-loaded magazines for your own purposes.  (Obviously this would exclude BGs)

I would imagine it would work something like this for SGs and GLs:

When you drop an ammo type onto the GL or SG, a dialog box opens asking:

• Fill
  • Partial

You could have the "Fill" option hotkeyable so as to not interfere with how the game functions currently.

If you click partial, it opens up a transfer window like the ones for putting items from your inventory to a container or vice versa. The number you select is the amount of shells or nades loaded into the gun.

Doing this with a magazine would function similarly, and the magazines would get used in the order they are arranged (top to bottom).

So

a) Is it possible?

and

b) Any thoughts about this? Does anyone not want to see this?

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Single Shell Loading and Your Magazine
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 07:50:36 PM »

I wonder how that would work...
If I understood you, the order you loaded your weapon with will be the order you fire those?
i.e.
You loaded GL with normal nade, smoke nade, normal nade.
If you fire 3 times, they will follow in the exact same order, and there's no way to change that?

Also, why would you need different ammo types loaded in ARs for instance? :) I can relate to GLs, and\or Rocket Launchers.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Stem Sunders

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 09:24:47 PM »

why would you need different ammo types loaded in ARs for instance?

A lucky bullet of course!

I would load an AP round first as my lucky last.
Think about it, if I loaded AR ammo as such, xyxyxyxyxyxyxyxy.

BAM all purpose customized mag!
Kinda loose example but I like the general idea of being able to do it. Especially as said for nade launchers and such, its sounds like another cool, dynamic option.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:29:26 PM by Stem Sunders »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 12:17:56 AM »

I agree that it sounds (and probably is) cool. I just can't think of how could you use it :)
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 02:38:55 AM »

I wonder how that would work...
If I understood you, the order you loaded your weapon with will be the order you fire those?
i.e.
You loaded GL with normal nade, smoke nade, normal nade.
If you fire 3 times, they will follow in the exact same order, and there's no way to change that?

Also, why would you need different ammo types loaded in ARs for instance? :) I can relate to GLs, and\or Rocket Launchers.

I do mean they get used in the order they are loaded, and same with magazines. I also meant that the placement of magazines in your inventory (top to bottom) would be the order in which they are used.

As for ARs, just like Stem was saying, customized all purpose magazines. 

Say you're worried about fighting armored and unarmored opponents in the same battle, you load a configuration of rounds to suit that.  Say, 5 AP (armor piercing), 5 HP (hollow points), 5 AP and so on. 

Alternatively, you could load the first half of the mag with AP and the Second half with HP to focus on different targets within the same mag and maximize your effectiveness.

Or just load multiple mags, some with AP, and some with HP, and move them around your inventory accordingly.

And yeah they would fire in the exact order with no way to change it unless reloaded.  Load 2 smokes in the GL first and come across an enemy, you better shoot those off and get to the good stuff quick. I don't really think there's a way to implement changing barrels on a GL in game.

Edit: Also forgot to mention it would make using nice expensive rounds cheaper. Instead of loading an entire mag with precious cap costing cap-a-motherfucker fuel, you could just place a few here and there throughout the mag to get some more -UMPH- without losing too many caps.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:41:52 AM by MARXMAN »

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 02:31:51 PM »

I've read this and have had the same idea but unfortunately this will not be made into a reality for AoP.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 08:54:06 PM »

Talking about magazines... one little cool weapon idea would be something akin to the Neostad shotgun with two magazines one can easily switch between.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip