Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sneaking with weapons  (Read 13774 times)

catstevens

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: Sneaking with weapons
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 04:50:30 PM »

no it was really just vanishing into thin air. Running in a straight line, no objects near, and -bam- gone. Didnt go behind anything, just vanished right there as he was running into thin air. Like a goddamn woodlands pixie. I think I may have been lagging, and the sneak was further away or something? that's the only explanation I can think of

TheTylerLee

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2014, 05:24:04 PM »

You guys should know, Sneak is already nerfed to hell as it is. I don't see how anyone can complain about it (Unless you have 2 perception).

Keep in mind, When i come up behind you to kill you, I've been stalking you for 5 minutes, Trying to wait until the correct moment where your friend and you are split up just enough distance for me to be able to kill you without him having time to react. Trying to stay behind you the whole time, And hoping that you dont look around your surroundings instead of having tunnel vision on that loot

Also, You cannot resneak inside someones field of vision, You lose sight range while stealthed, If you get shot once you unstealth and you receive a 5 second debuff when you unstealth.

I see you guys suggesting things that are already game mechanics.

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 06:24:34 PM »

I think some realism is the best solution here

Alongside Ramon's ideas, one possible idea is to give a nod to realism - Namely, how people in Real-Life do the "sneak sniper" thing? Simple, they get a sniper rifle with a supressor and sub-sonic bullets and do accurate targeted shots. So you get a nerfed weapon that doesn't make you entirely invisible when shooting (it just makes it harder to detect, so you can't stand near someone and sneak-shoot a supressed rifle). So if you want to attack while invisible, get a silenced pistol, a supressed sniper rifle with subsonic (therefore, weaker) bullets and stay away.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2014, 07:17:37 AM »

Yeah that is my opinion now I think, if a few new sneak category weapons were added, specifically a reduced damage sneak sniper rifle, this might be avoidable, but even if not;

Categorising the weapons themselves might work out for the best (much like how armors effect sneak), light weapons could be carried in hand for no sneak minus (this could include light weapons that bring you out of stealth when fired too), medium weapons which inflict a malus to sneak when wielded in hand, and heavy weapons, which make sneak impossible when wielded in hands, and which break sneak when equipped.

Darvin

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2014, 10:34:50 PM »

I like the idea about speacial perk to see sneaked players better
It is very specific and very usefull in team fights

Also I have an idea

Make an expensive item (like 1000 cups) which looks like a shiny lamp (Can be called detector)
You can throw (place) it on the ground and if there are anybody sneaking around it within 50 gex, lamp going to turn red (like an alarm)

If someone sneaking within range of 10 gex around it, he will be shown (sneak doesn't work)
Can be placed in buldings, near doors etc

Any explosion near this device will destroy it

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 10:37:19 PM by Darvin »

Deathproof

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2014, 10:38:27 PM »

I like the idea about speacial perk to see sneaked players better
It is very specific and very usefull in team fights

Also I have an idea

Make an expensive item (like 1000 cups) which looks like a shiny lamp (Can be called detector)
You can throw (place) it on the ground and if there are anybody sneaking around it within 50 gex, lamp going to turn red (like an alarm)

If someone sneaking within range of 10 gex around it, he will be shown (sneak doesn't work)
Can be placed in buldings, near doors etc

Any explosion near this device will destroy it

Coolest idea ever

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2014, 09:01:01 AM »

ye sneek is allready nerfed as hell
like i sead zilion times just pick Watchtower perk and you will rape sneekers

If you dont have Watchtower its your wrong

Or go ask dev to remove sneek and give you super 1000000dmg plazma rifles thet cost 1 ap so you can be happy

Kirkor

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2014, 11:43:27 AM »

Well, I've recently seen sneaker in combat armor with bazooka. We (around 5 players) made a line in a window, so anyone who appears in our fov would get insta killed. And what did happen? Sneaker in CA and bazooka shot at as, and just ran away. We had no chance of shootng him.

Here's list of nerfs that sneakers should get:
- You can't sneak with metal armor or better. (Sneaking in MA, CA? Seriously?)
- You get small penalty for leather armor
- You can't sneak if you have non-sneak weapon in your inventory. (weapons that are considered "sneak weapons" would be: pistols, smgs, melee)
- You automaticaly desneak if you pick up items from ground/open doors or containers. (Sneaker looters are anooying little shits.)
- After desneaking you can't resneak for 10-15 seconds.
- Silent Running should be perk that you can take only by leveling, not some silly quest. This way you actualy have to make sacrifices in your abilities to play a sneaker.

Sneakers should be low-range glass cannons and/or just scouts. Right now they are normal fighting builds with invisibility mode...
The Lawyers

Deathproof

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2014, 11:56:06 AM »

Well, I've recently seen sneaker in combat armor with bazooka. We (around 5 players) made a line in a window, so anyone who appears in our fov would get insta killed. And what did happen? Sneaker in CA and bazooka shot at as, and just ran away. We had no chance of shootng him.

Here's list of nerfs that sneakers should get:
- You can't sneak with metal armor or better. (Sneaking in MA, CA? Seriously?)
- You get small penalty for leather armor
- You can't sneak if you have non-sneak weapon in your inventory. (weapons that are considered "sneak weapons" would be: pistols, smgs, melee)
- You automaticaly desneak if you pick up items from ground/open doors or containers. (Sneaker looters are anooying little shits.)
- After desneaking you can't resneak for 10-15 seconds.
- Silent Running should be perk that you can take only by leveling, not some silly quest. This way you actualy have to make sacrifices in your abilities to play a sneaker.

Sneakers should be low-range glass cannons and/or just scouts. Right now they are normal fighting builds with invisibility mode...

First of all you're pissed cause there is a tactic to avoid insta kill by your ambush obviously....which already makes sneakers something good, viable character for specific tactic/task. You limited your own fov by ambushing by the windows and you're mad cause sneaker got away...

And 200 skill points isn't a sacrifice ? You get -25% on sneak when in MA/CA, if you had high PE/watchtower and were in any situation where your fov isn't limited by the window you would have killed him.

Once again, everyone who makes total tank/offensive builds wants to be able to own anything.  I'm starting to like sneakers more and more.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2014, 12:07:08 PM »

I'm amused by "sneakers basically have no downsides, coz you don't have to invest in it and be invisible like Reptile".
Yeah sure, if it was THAT easy, you would have used it too. Look at your build carefully and see WHY exactly you can't go like that? Because those players gave something up in order to have a stealth-character, they've thrown away those stats YOU have.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

ZwierQ

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2014, 10:18:50 PM »

To be honest all that crying bout sneakers is forced by weak players with ~5/6 PE who don't even know that they can turn they character around (BTW I'm not a sneaker). It's so sad when I see that bastards sneaking around, tracking their victims and get killed because of bypasses. Ranged sneakers are real problem, but we can find a solution.
My proposition:
1. Leave sneak as it is with clothes and perception penalty.
2. Remove bypasses after desneaking.
3. Make it possible to get into sneak only with full HP, not crippled, blinded or under any negative effects and out of sight range of any enemy creature/player.
4. If you want to use weapon without silent attack you are desneaked as it is now, but you feeling dizzy for 3 seconds, something like your head is spinning, because stealthboy is only a device disrupting your image,  and you have penalty for your accuracy. For example if you are 1-10 hexes from your target everything is ok, 10-15 hexes you have -10% chance to hit your target, 15-20 hexes -20% and if you are more than 20 hexes from your target you get -70% chances.

I think it could works. Don't ruin this skill. I know that now almost everyone have sneak, but if ideas I read about on forum here and on other topics will be introduced with incoming updates this skill will be dead. Make it usefull, make it tactical, make it easy to learn and hard to master, but please, don't kill it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 10:20:32 PM by ZwierQ »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2014, 12:57:00 AM »

You are the one suggesting to kill it.. Via removing bypass after being hit. Sneakers are glass cannons and they should stay this way.
There is no point in adding anything from your 3). If a sneaker is seen, he must be dead anyway, no second chances. And you already can't enter sneak if an enemy sees you (actually the easiest way to know if you are being watched by an another sneaker).
Your 4th point won't fix anything, since dsr snipers will still knock you out on the first shot. What's the point of them feeling dizzy.
Adding those penalties won't solve anything either, since you can just desneak beforehand and shoot right after with no penalties.

ZwierQ

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2014, 02:38:42 AM »

This penaltys should work especially with this first shot. Or just cut effective range of everything to max 15-20 hexes while sneak.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 02:44:28 AM by ZwierQ »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2014, 03:23:03 AM »

This penaltys should work especially with this first shot. Or just cut effective range of everything to max 15-20 hexes while sneak.
Which first shot... You stand with a dsr, looking on the street, you see some1. You MANUALLY de-sneak and shoot the target w\o any penalties.

Kirkor

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2014, 06:55:03 AM »

First of all you're pissed cause there is a tactic to avoid insta kill by your ambush obviously....which already makes sneakers something good, viable character for specific tactic/task. You limited your own fov by ambushing by the windows and you're mad cause sneaker got away...
Did you even read my post, or you just randomly respond "no, sneakers are good!" to every criticizm?

Sneaker with RL and CA is NOT a good thing.

If you think that having 200 sneak is a sacrifice, then we have nothing to talk about...
The Lawyers

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2014, 07:22:41 AM »

Currently sneaking with a rocket launcher and CA will reduce stealth ability by 50%, 75% if running, making even someone with 200 sneak pretty terrible,  i think the plan is to make the penalty even more for super heavy weapons like the rocket launcher.

Then again this is an old topic, which has been dealt with somewhat, so I don't really see the need to comment on it further in the first place.
Pages: 1 [2]

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip