Author Topic: (Interface) Option to move parts of the interface  (Read 3551 times)

ThatDude

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
(Interface) Option to move parts of the interface
« on: September 16, 2014, 04:28:42 PM »

Hello there!

I have been playing the game for a few days now and it has been quite fun, however there is something that I think could be improved regarding the interface, its a small thing really, but you know how you can move the inventory window around?

How feasible would it be to let the player be able to move around parts of the interface around? Or the whole interface? For example, I would like to move the chat window to the top right corner as to me it would be more pleasing to the eyes, its just better, for me at least. Perhaps another player would prefer the chat window on the top left corner.

It would be cool if players would have an option regarding where to put parts of the interface or the whole interface. I hope this is not that hard and hopefully a minor thing to implement that could be done.

catstevens

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: (Interface) Option to move parts of the interface
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 04:38:57 PM »

You can actually edit the interface yourself however you want by editing file default.ini and associated artwork.

But any type of 'drag n drop' or realtime customization is probably not possible or at least not worth implementing

Lidae

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • Wasteland scientist
    • View Profile
Re: (Interface) Option to move parts of the interface
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 06:19:45 PM »

Like catstevens says, you can edit the default.ini file to change the position and art used by the interface. Not everything can be changed though, and we'll probably add more support for that allowing for better reskins later. For example the pipboy/cheapboy screen is entirely new and is not making use of the default.ini to any great extent, so you won't be able to change that very easily. It requires a bit of work to fix, and it's not a priority right now, so no promises that this will be done any time soon.

Drag 'n' drop is not going to happen. It would be a monumental scripting task to say the least.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip