Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Crafting, Deterioration & Quality! Making your items personal!  (Read 28437 times)

Kurwier

Re: Crafting, Deterioration & Quality! Making your items personal!
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2015, 12:27:03 PM »

ITS FONLINE IN THE END EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE FARMED , KURWA ... IT SEEMS LIKE U PEOPLE FORGOT WHAT BUMS U WERE RIGHT AFTER SEASON HAS STARTED , BUT WAIT U ALREADY HAD PANCOR AND STUFF HUEHUE BECOZ NO GRIND RIGHT ? lmfao

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2015, 06:54:02 PM »

Yeah makes sense.

The thing is if you make it a sidegrade item that requires farming, it would still kinda break the balance. As this kind of item would still be better than regular item in certain situation. You can take sPA for example which require some farming, the idea already kinda backfired and crying ensued (even with such small playerbase).

Or imagine flamer was taken out regular item pool and now require farming, as it is a niche item you wouldnt see it too often but still pretty powerful in certain situation. How would you feel about it ? same could be said for armor.

Just roll with it. #yolo #aopdev

Off topic, but I have always hated sPA just because of what you said, farming. It makes like half the guns in the game no next to no damage. Thats not a sidegrade, thats a straight upgrade for people with no lives.  Would also be just as salty with the flamer suggestion.

My problem, and I think I'm not alone, is that I have a "life". I have a person whos needs I need to satisfy, I have a job, I have obligations/responsibilities. I know it's not fallout's fault that I can't play all the time, but even though I know it isn't I still get mad at the game sometimes because it's run by "no-lifers" (for lack of a better term). Make anything farmable, like what has been done with Robco/Warmart/etc, and 90 percent of the regular playerbase will never see it except for the recieving end. I just don't have time to do PVE farming, and why I have always loved this server. I was a bum in the beggining yes, but it wasn't a hardcore grind to get to where I am currently, level 42 with a stockpile that would make Texas jelly.

And yet, I've never used an MG42

Never seen sPA in my inventory

saw an alien blaster recently because luck

In fact, the only weapon I have that isn't buyable is the Turbo Plas Cannon, and I got real lucky with finding that one.

and I'm fighting people who have been grinding out Robco and etc encounters to get Bozars and Vindicators and blue/yellow nukas. Half the time when I loot a vtec I go, "damn, thats some gear, I would never have taken all of this to ZC." but to them its nothing, because farming pve is fucking easy with the right amount of people.

You figure out a formula, you go in, and you do it X amount of times until you get Y loot.

^ That is my biggest problem with PVE (WHEN YOU ADD ITEM FARMING). Its simply exploitable for people who dont have anything better to do.

Im totally ok with having tons of PVE, but ya'll can go to hell if you think it should be incredibly rewarding.

Kurwier

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2015, 07:10:12 PM »

marxman what problem u have ? u know that u can get good stuff from looting the enemy who uses such stuff right , swarm argument for pve is low because same swarm will swarm u even in pvp and take ur stuff so i dont see anything good in your post . maybe u played with the wrong people all the time for not seeing such stuff in your inventory :D

antohha

• Wiki Editor
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2015, 07:17:25 PM »

MARXMAN
Thats what is my idea about, not adding farm-to-win content, but farm-to-customize. Custom equipment won't be strictly better than normal one, though it will be different!

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2015, 07:36:34 PM »

No serious grinding in AOP. Go robco with team of 6 people who know what they are doing and everyone will have a t3 weapon within 3 hours of play.

Half the time you loot a tec and go 'damn, that's some gear' is also half the time a tec brings the best he got to ZC rather than hamstering. Not like there is a lack of t3 gear on server on any faction. So if you feel you're not getting your hands on anything worth your while. Better talk to your teammates, because there is plenty to go around for everyone.

Anyways. I left you an sPA and a nuka cola cap in lawyers gate. Better be fast though.

RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2015, 08:46:05 PM »

No serious grinding in AOP. Go robco with team of 6 people who know what they are doing and everyone will have a t3 weapon within 3 hours of play.

Half the time you loot a tec and go 'damn, that's some gear' is also half the time a tec brings the best he got to ZC rather than hamstering. Not like there is a lack of t3 gear on server on any faction. So if you feel you're not getting your hands on anything worth your while. Better talk to your teammates, because there is plenty to go around for everyone.

Anyways. I left you an sPA and a nuka cola cap in lawyers gate. Better be fast though.

haha, wasn't fast enough apprently.

But Regarding best gear, I bring my best when I have teammates to cover me. If I know I'm probably going to get smoked, I bring a bunch of things Im perfectly ok with losing, that I'm still 100 percent effective with. I Bring the best I think Im going to be with in the situation I'll most likely be in, not the "best of the best". I dont have a selection of T3 to choose from, which isn't my problem really, others got it fair and square. I guess it's my attitude but I try and mix it up everytime I go to ZC with my weapon choice and things, to throw people off. Making T3's farmable as the game has done currently is just making super squads who have the gear to do anything and everything if they know what they're getting into. It sort of kills of fun of having this large selection of weapons. Im not saying T2 isn't totally viable and you can't kill anyone, as some of the best weapons are t2, but recently I've just been seeing these totally geared to fuck and back squads loaded with T3; some on my side included.  It just makes me go hmmmm when I'm searching through my apoco-box-o-guns and I know that pretty much 90 percent of these weapons are going to gimp my damage output. 

MARXMAN
Thats what is my idea about, not adding farm-to-win content, but farm-to-customize. Custom equipment won't be strictly better than normal one, though it will be different!

I'm ok with farming side-grades like tradoffs, but I'm hoping to god these mods will be serious tradoffs when implemented, if implemented. I want all guns to be viable via sidegrading rather than having a set of weapons as we do now that donimates certain types of zones.

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2015, 10:01:42 PM »

Just some food for thought, Planetside 2 has sidegrades that require farming and free regular item. It seems to work pretty well in a game where a polyvalent item is usually more useful than a very specialized item.

Quite funny to see when Courier was one of the first to cry about the lack of farming required ingame and was also the first to cry when farming was implemented (sPA, t3 and  Robco)

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2015, 12:12:05 AM »

[/quote]

haha, wasn't fast enough apprently.

But Regarding best gear, I bring my best when I have teammates to cover me.

If I know I'm probably going to get smoked, I bring a bunch of things Im perfectly ok with losing, that I'm still 100 percent effective with. I Bring the best I think Im going to be with in the situation I'll most likely be in, not the "best of the best".

I dont have a selection of T3 to choose from, which isn't my problem really, others got it fair and square. I guess it's my attitude but I try and mix it up everytime I go to ZC with my weapon choice and things, to throw people off.

Making T3's farmable as the game has done currently is just making super squads who have the gear to do anything and everything if they know what they're getting into. It sort of kills of fun of having this large selection of weapons.

Im not saying T2 isn't totally viable and you can't kill anyone, as some of the best weapons are t2, but recently I've just been seeing these totally geared to fuck and back squads loaded with T3; some on my side included.

It just makes me go hmmmm when I'm searching through my apoco-box-o-guns and I know that pretty much 90 percent of these weapons are going to gimp my damage output. 

MARXMAN

I'm ok with farming side-grades like tradoffs, but I'm hoping to god these mods will be serious tradoffs when implemented, if implemented. I want all guns to be viable via sidegrading rather than having a set of weapons as we do now that donimates certain types of zones.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 12:16:27 AM by Teela »
RazorRamon:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2015, 03:37:39 AM »

John has mentioned that they were thinking about mod slots being tradoffs rather than straight upgrades.

EX:  Adding a drum mag gives a huge capacity boost, but takes way more AP to reload.
Yea I hope this happens. I mean ext. drum can mean lose in overall max hit chance...since you're spraying bullets + bigger hexing cone

ProfessorYanick

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2015, 04:16:35 AM »

Yea I hope this happens. I mean ext. drum can mean lose in overall max hit chance...since you're spraying bullets + bigger hexing cone

Well, we already have it in some form with the AK and FN FAL/LAR, but if it will be possible to customize one initial weapon in many ways it would be kinda nice (I just hope that all the guns will be competitive and there will be no one ultimate custom weapon build)

Kurwier

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2015, 08:51:04 AM »

first there will always be the best weapon in each weapon skill plus all weapones will never be usefull yannick , this is not call of duty

ProfessorYanick

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2015, 10:28:35 AM »

If it happens so, than all those weapons are not needed. I agree with the idea, that there could be the best weapon in each weapon skill, some all around T3 with highest stats in the game, but if any weapon is inserted in the game - it should have it's role, not just be there for the sake of numbers. In my opinion weapons in one tier should not be the same, but should complement certain builds and certain strategies of playing.

Kurwier

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2015, 10:54:28 AM »

only strategy to win in fonline is to swarm

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2015, 11:20:11 AM »

gief weapons that punish swarm and arent just grenades/rockets and other aoe explosions

gief CHAIN LIGHTNING

gief projectiles that BOUNCE as long as theres another target within x hex

paragon

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2015, 11:27:53 AM »

only strategy to win in fonline is to cry

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2015, 11:56:51 AM »

If it happens so, than all those weapons are not needed. I agree with the idea, that there could be the best weapon in each weapon skill, some all around T3 with highest stats in the game, but if any weapon is inserted in the game - it should have it's role, not just be there for the sake of numbers. In my opinion weapons in one tier should not be the same, but should complement certain builds and certain strategies of playing.

Its already implemented. DSR with hit the gaps or better bleed. M1C with better criticals. Lazor Gat with knockdown.

IMHO legendary system is perfect and we dont need any customization apart from it
RazorRamon:

ProfessorYanick

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2015, 02:52:01 PM »

Oh, of course we have it. I think the discussion is about the next season and making this system wider and deeper. And more accessible to the playerbase (all the retards lazy people who can't make a weapon legendary on their own).

Kurwier

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2015, 03:57:16 PM »

Oh, of course we have it. I think the discussion is about the next season and making this system wider and deeper. And more accessible to the playerbase (all the retards lazy people who can't make a weapon legendary on their own).

u mean tecs ?

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2015, 04:15:59 PM »

Thats not nice, I'm not lazy, I just always get looted by Tecs.  One of those fuckers still has my 60 percent UKM/40 percent Milkor.  I'm never going to get leg because I don't care about my gear that much, always end up losing it to uneven battles I shouldn't have entered.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip