Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Assault Rifles  (Read 25914 times)

mojuk

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Assault Rifles
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2014, 07:47:26 AM »

From what I saw only good (enough) bursting weapons are
SG: BAR,
BG: PKS, AVENGER.
Nothing more, all SMGs, Assaults are shit.
Keep in mind that leader's DR buff is fucking up most of bursting weapons.

Hail

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2014, 08:13:54 AM »

I use AKs-74 for aim shots spam, it have nice perks and very cheap.
Good for breaking limbs, but bad for damage - need better ammo.
However, Desert Eagle .50AE is alot better for this, with 2/1 Damage Modifier.

I think Assault Rifles is weapon for supports, which dont have perception for sniping, strength for big guns, endurance for tanking and so on. My suggestion - give something unique for assault rifles to extend its supporting role. No need to add damage, add some debuff for target, like AP drain or more vulnerability for shots from snipers or some fire DoT. May be here it will have its niche.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2014, 08:46:31 AM »

From what I saw only good (enough) bursting weapons are
SG: BAR,
BG: PKS, AVENGER.
Nothing more, all SMGs, Assaults are shit.

What he said >.<

Simms

• Wastelander
  • CHEEKI BREEKI
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2014, 09:18:41 AM »

Except that it's fucked up in its own twisted way and, as it seems, ain't fixed yet. Some folks are still getting a -20% DR bug whenever they die, or their SL dies, or for some other totally unknown reason. And sugarmaning the SL every time this happens just freaks the hell outta me.
It's all fun and games until someone catches an olive.

mojuk

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2014, 09:35:41 AM »

But when it's working it's working and it's working good, too good imo.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2014, 09:36:32 AM »

Keep in mind that not everybody has these leader buffs

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2014, 03:21:09 AM »

Is it because of the friendly fire potential that assault-rifles are not favored or is that just extra on top of the NO DAMAGE problem?
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2014, 03:55:58 AM »

More likely no reliable dmg, because of low magazine or just dmg being very low

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2014, 04:09:22 AM »

The low damage is kind of expected with the insanely low AP cost of bursting some of the assault rifles, but as someone mentioned the clip capacity and the size of bursts renders these low cost bursts useless as almost as much time is spent reloading as firing.

Shorter bursts with a slight damage buff might counter this, but you would need to bump up the AP cost a bit.

With some weapons a shorter burst makes sense, but on some weapons, like the Tommy gun or BAR the big bursts fit the theme nicely and also work, would they also be classified as assault rifles though? BAR is more of an LMG and the Tommy gun is almost an SMG, so I'm not sure.

mojuk

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2014, 04:13:44 AM »

Friendly fire is not an issue here. It's the fact that other weapons provide more dps and utility than assault rifles in every aspect: spamming, aim shots, burst. The tricky part here is that people, who know what they are doing, will never compromise for something good, they will always pick the best. So no matter how many guys you will have available it will always come down to 2-3 best dps+range sniper rifles, 1-2 best crippler rifles, 2-3 best spamming guns, 2-3 best dps+support burst wepons and milkor/rocket launcher.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2014, 04:21:49 AM »

I can agree with that sentiment too, and this is why I like the similarities in the damage of weapons across the board, attempting to give them all viability in different ways, but as you said people will choose favorites (or "the most OP") as they possibly can, and generally this is only proven through repeated use of tactics or weapons.

It has clearly been proven (by lack of usage) that ARs fail to fill any of the needed categories of PvP currently, or are easily made obsolete by other weapons, mainly LMGs and sniper rifles.

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2014, 06:24:24 AM »

Low bullet bursts are kinda damn not effective time what take you to burst those few times to deal any real damage is way to long to be effective. I found that even when i had options to burst with ak i way more prefered to spam singlies or aim what is kinda ironic single spam>burst spam

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2014, 02:02:46 PM »

The only thing I think assault rifle are missing is burst accuracy.  They might not put out as many rounds as an LMG or SMG when they full auto or burst, but dammit if they're not going to be more accurate.  I can't say what else ARs are going to need to be balanced (SMGS too)  but having ARs have more accurate bursts ( AND SMALLER, JESUS WHO SHOOTS 10 ROUNDS AT ONCE?) would make them a much more viable weapon for ZC and the like.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 02:04:28 PM by MARXMAN »

dillinger

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2014, 02:51:31 PM »

almost all burst weapon bad >:(

Poor Ernie

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2014, 01:13:13 AM »

Yes, they are shit. Rifles do single shots better and shotguns do close range better. I agree with the 2-3 shot aim-able bursts.

ZwierQ

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2014, 06:28:25 PM »

It will be kinda cool and realistic if they will have attached one shot grenade launcher/pump shotgun. That will give them some tactical and supportive role on the playground with some smokes and frag nades.
BTW: http://fonline-aop.net/forum/index.php?topic=1842.msg13445#msg13445 this topic seems to be made for assualt rifles improvement.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2014, 07:48:53 PM »

BTW: http://fonline-aop.net/forum/index.php?topic=1842.msg13445#msg13445 this topic seems to be made for assualt rifles improvement.

Seeing as ARs are the most modular of all weapons, I can see that.Can't wait for word on that suggestion seeing the current state of ARs.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2014, 02:27:22 AM »

Well they just got a flat damage buff (5 damage per bullet I believe), so some ARs may be quite decent again, especially on burst, I can think of a couple that I want to try again at least.

Might go testing on assignments before PvP though.

Edit;

Tested damage with M14, Steyr and G3A3 for a bit, the damage buff was definitely noticeable, especially when burst firing into large mobs, but I still think this role is better done by LMGs in almost all ways, aside from the generally slightly higher AP cost.

I don't really know, but perhaps giving ARs burst more range with much tighter spread, or the ability to do short targeted bursts on single targets might set them aside from LMGs, which generally outclass them when it comes to burst or full auto fire.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 05:02:22 AM by mAdman »

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2014, 09:53:19 AM »

Idea:
What about possibility to make trishot but only with first bullet aimable and damage of burst? Not sure if engine allow it.
Damage would be little bigger than standard burst and you still have chance to score additional effects but still single aim would be better in term of max damage because its have other damage range. And cost of this +20ap ofc

And g11 still will have full aimed bursts what will be outstanding

BG Sexpert

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2014, 12:43:47 PM »

The DR from leadership and armors make them useless as single shot weapons, they are out performed as burst weapons.

To make assault rifles better, you need to make them better vs DR somehow.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip