Author Topic: Dragunov SVD and SVDm  (Read 3816 times)

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Dragunov SVD and SVDm
« on: November 16, 2014, 06:53:51 AM »

I'll assume the wiki's info is off on the SVDm as if it is correct it seems like paying to downgrade it, I haven't seen one in game for a while either, but either way, the Dragunov series of sniper rifles are some of the hardest to unlock (with the M being the final rifle), but least utilised SG snipers.

In comparison to the M1c (seemingly the strongest alpha striking SG sniper in game currently), the SVD loses substantial damage (15min and 20 max damage), range and bleed chance for a gain of 5 more bleed damage for 10 less AP per shot.

I know they have different ammo and different perks, but the M1c arguable still wins out as the better off rifle in both regards.

Here is my suggestion for the SVD and M snipers

SVD dragunov;

Damage 55-65
Bleed chance 90%
Bleed Damage 90

Ap cost 65

Perks;
Hit the Gaps
Piercing Strike
Better bleed
Blinding strike
Bonus Rate of Fire

With the M series adding extra range (6x scope traded for an 8x scope should at least give scoped x 3), and an increase in bleed chance resist. Possibly swapping some perks too.

I know it is a bit basic to compare snipers like this for a level of even-ness, but these stats make the rifles similar in potential, not including ammo effects.

S1mancoder

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: Dragunov SVD and SVDm
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 09:03:48 AM »

Its probably intentional since M is not a better version but polish copy.
Better make them be somewhat different and generally same grade, but of course change SVD M craft for it to be done from raw materials not requiring SVD for it.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 09:36:16 AM »

Well, that's a good point. I wasn't aware of that, maybe then switching their priorities in the craft order too? I'm not sure, I just considered it as an "upgrade" as like you said it's in the craft list.

Possibly have one with slightly longer range (or higher scoped level), and a different focus of critical perks like blinding and limb crippling over more and better crits etc.

I like the idea of DKS for "best" range, M1c for best alpha hit, M21 for best rate of fire and G3SG1 MSG90 as all rounders and specific crit weapons, the dragunovs would be perfect as the "best" bleeders or "best" for critical accuracy.

That being said and in some retrospect that is a lot of selection (not a complaint I love choice), when compared to the selection energy weapons have.

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 07:20:29 AM »

SVD dragunov;

Damage 55-65
Bleed chance 90%
Bleed Damage 90

Ap cost 65

Perks;
Hit the Gaps
Piercing Strike
Better bleed
Blinding strike
Bonus Rate of Fire

garand rifle
60 - 75(single)
Bleed Chance: 60%
Bleed Damage: 80
AP: 55
Range: 60
Reload AP: 25
Bonus Rate of Fire
Bonus Damage
Faster Reload
Better Knockouts
Bonus Damage

and remember Garand is super cheap basic weapon i just wanted to make the comparison
there is no such name as Biggus Dickus

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip