Author Topic: Lowering base critical resistance  (Read 3922 times)

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Lowering base critical resistance
« on: October 15, 2014, 02:30:08 AM »

35% is quite high for a special at 1, what if they started from 20% instead?

Or if the high/low points of a special increment it's critical resistance more, say it starts at 10% for all special resistances (indicating an extreme weakness) at 1, +10 at 2, +5 from 3 -7 and +10 again at 8-10.

This would render even people with 10 CH unable to fully defend against what they are weak in, even with the related resistance perk added on top of that they will not be perfect. (10 + 50 + 25 = 85)

Also it will deter min max building even more, by giving such harsh penalties to low scores in combat.

Just an idea anyway.

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Lowering base critical resistance
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 02:46:43 AM »

Leadership modules will most likely be nerfed. :p

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 06:35:48 AM »

That would be a much needed alteration, but 35% is still quite high for an ability score of 1.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 09:05:19 AM »

And get critted even more? Nah nah nah

I have 72% with my leader ship modules and SCAMKIII and still get critted good.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 09:30:43 AM »

72%? That's an odd number, what is the special at for for that percentage?

I assume you don't have critical resistance in that specific special either.

It would only hugely effect people who drop under 3 in a stat, and better advantage people who invest in a stat.

I think 65% or 70% is my lowest crit resist score without modules, though I do have a couple of crit resist perks.

EDIT I have 65% crit endurance currently as my lowest score, but I in fact have 3 crit resistance perks, so maybe I'm wrong here, but 35% still seems high with a score of 1.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:34:03 AM by mAdman »

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 10:39:02 AM »

Criticals effect happen to often. remember that there are also other penalties ther reduce your critical resistances (paper wall, crippling shoot, blinding shoot, etc. all of them gives -10% resistance)

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 10:55:17 AM »

Please people don't get carrier away here. He is suggesting to tweak the crit.res.
It means that <5 stats will grant you lower crit.res, while >10 will grant you higher. (not 5% per each, but changing. Or at least changing starting one).

At least that's what got into my head when I read the topic ;).

Was actually for that too, there should be severe "punishment" for stat-dumping. If you go with 1 agi (if we say that 5 is average, then you should just fall with every step) you have to face consequences, and so on.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 06:17:18 PM »

Please people don't get carrier away here. He is suggesting to tweak the crit.res.
It means that <5 stats will grant you lower crit.res, while >10 will grant you higher. (not 5% per each, but changing. Or at least changing starting one).

At least that's what got into my head when I read the topic ;).

Was actually for that too, there should be severe "punishment" for stat-dumping. If you go with 1 agi (if we say that 5 is average, then you should just fall with every step) you have to face consequences, and so on.

Yep, that was indeed the focus. Dumping a stat would leave you basically unable to defend against a type of attack, unless you went to extremes to combat it (specific crit resistance and the same crit resist module and perhaps an armor bonus

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 01:48:07 AM »

Having intelligence or charisma set to 1 is already accompanied by enough "punishment" (by lack of reward) and they aren't even linked to a critical resistance.

The same applies to luck really, as if you dump luck for the intent of never firing aimed shots (as a bg burster for example) you will suffer by having an extremely low base critical resistance.

The same cannot really be said for the other "critical resistance" stats as 35% can easily be supplemented with a single module or perk, where a "dumped luck" character can only slightly reinforce his weakness with a perk (man of steel); with 1 luck you have 0 critical resistance, with 1 luck + man of steel, 17%, whereas with 1 ag you have 35%, 1 ag + crit ag goes to 60%, and 1 ag with a 10 charisma crit agility module goes to 85%.

The offset for dumping is not fairly distributed across all special stats in this sense. By making the increment of critical resistance lost or gained for low and high specials respectively this could be "rounded out" a bit more.

E.G. If critical resistances started at 15% at 1 special and incremented as follows;
2 = 25%
3 = 35%
4 = 45%
5 = 50%
6 = 55%
7 = 60%
8 = 65%
9 = 75%
10 = 85%

The end result (85% resistance at 10) is only slightly higher than the original numbers but the penalty for starting with a low or completely dumped stat (or having them reduced to these levels by drugs etc) is a lot more severe, as it is with luck (or conversely with intelligence and base critical chance).

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip