Author Topic: Temporary damage xp array. Theory to fix pvp score farming  (Read 4785 times)

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
Temporary damage xp array. Theory to fix pvp score farming
« on: April 24, 2016, 04:03:26 PM »

Don't know how hard or problematic it would be to code this.
But if you could store an array for each player, and a variable that temporarily stores
information of who you attacked, and for how much damage, you could fix score farming.

So for example:
Kurwier:damaged.Array = []
if Kurwier attacks STALKER and Hellmai, STALKER and Hellmai are put into the array
Kurwier:damaged.Array = [STALKER,Hellmai]
And another array to score how much damage was dealt, or how much xp was gained.  Then once Kurwier damages those particular players a certain amount up to their max health/your max xp gain, for example Kurwier no longer gets XP. Then clear the array every 10 minutes or so, or when player/attacker/target dies.

This way:
1: If you just continuously attack a particular player, and let him heal, you will no longer gain xp/money from attacking that particular player, after a certain amount of damage has already been dealt.
2: If someone ELSE attacks that player they will still get xp/money for dealing damage until they have dealt their max damage/xp to that player.
3:  No one farms for xp any more, and people start fighting like MEN, and try to actually kill the enemy team, instead of just hit trading, and healing up, for xp/money

I hope this made sense.  It works in theory, but not sure if it works in the fonline coding universe, or if it just gives devs a headache XD.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 04:10:13 PM by faopcurious »

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Temporary damage xp array. Theory to fix pvp score farming
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 06:05:26 PM »

+1 but dident see anyone do this

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 09:20:48 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 07:41:51 AM »

Your cooldown is way too high. If you want to blame the two or three abusers (i guess the names you mentioned), 30 seconds is enough.

More than one minutes and its gonna hurt the rest of the playerbase. ZC payouts are already too low. Now you want to make long fights payouts next to insignificant.

Beside that, i am not even sure that array thing is relevant. What about low level players ? With assignements out, doing damage is one of the main way to get XP and it is pretty dangerous on itself, considering you reveal yourself to player that have higher number/gear/levels/etc... And once you have same level/gear than opponement, the gain of XP is non longer relevant and the risk remains. The natural array is your own opponement.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 07:43:53 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 07:45:27 AM »

i think this only meant for some abuser exaple i go in toilet with somone and i unarmed hit enmy 1 time then he hits me
use autoclick and let it go all night until somone really bored tryes to open every toilet

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 07:58:42 AM »

Wouldn't that kind of abuse get easily noticed by dev or anyone by just looking AOP stats there :
http://pastebin.com/KBFW462q
(i mean, not this page, but the one that have logs for each and every single battle, and players taking part on it)
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 08:13:38 AM »

it would be noticed it they look evryday logs to check, meybe just eazyer soultion to implement is just make it alert devs if 2 opposit player stying close to each other fore more then 30mins and then devs check log and ban bAN BANNNNNNNNNNNNNN

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 12:14:32 PM »

Sure, the cooldown could be lower, 30 seconds seems too short though.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip