Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What is the best sniper/sneak build possible?  (Read 17840 times)

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
Re: What is the best sniper/sneak build possible?
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 08:01:26 AM »

Stop reading the description, goddamnit!
It's an Omage to the Pyramid Head ><, it means nothing gameplay-wise. This perk works for every type of weapon.

ah ok, in that case Ill take it then! :D

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2014, 08:01:42 AM »

Silent hill death is not for melees only and is one of the only ways to increase base damage via perks.

You definitely want it as a sniper.

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 08:04:25 AM »

So do you all think with the build I currently have, it would be possible to be the best sniper/scout I could possibly be?

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 08:09:34 AM »

Luck 7 is too much of a sacrifice man, it needs to be 9 minimum IMO. Intelligence is base crit too so 9 or 10 at least again.

Perception is your choice really, with your current PE (7) and hawkeyes, you will likely have a sight range equal to the m1cs max range which is perfect (though having more is always good as a sniper),

But

-3 PE while stealthing reduces it to 4 which may mean you cannot see targets within m1c range edges, unless you take mentats, which make you extremely squishy (unless you take perks to compensate).

PE, LK and INT are your moneymakers, 9-10 for all of them is what you want to aim for.

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2014, 08:13:29 AM »

Luck 7 is too much of a sacrifice man, it needs to be 9 minimum IMO. Intelligence is base crit too so 9 or 10 at least again.

Perception is your choice really, with your current PE (7) and hawkeyes, you will likely have a sight range equal to the m1cs max range which is perfect (though having more is always good as a sniper),

But

-3 PE while stealthing reduces it to 4 which may mean you cannot see targets within m1c range edges, unless you take mentats, which make you extremely squishy (unless you take perks to compensate).

PE, LK and INT are your moneymakers, 9-10 for all of them is what you want to aim for.

What do you think is the minimum for agility and endurance? also what trait should I take with bruiser?

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2014, 08:18:30 AM »

what if I chose the trait gifted and just got skill points for sneak, small guns and first aid as a level up?

Deathproof

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2014, 08:19:45 AM »

You can go with LK & INT & PE 8, while adding hawkeyes to have more sight and living anatomy for bit more crits (but living anatomy unnecessary imo), this would allow you add stats into other special. If you're planing to use only sniper weapons and no other, than you're making kind of glass cannon build, really easy to die when people come near you but owning on distance (there you should go with higher LK&INT which will probably make you use less AG/ST which will make you easy to drop weapons and be shot to the floor). You won't really always be in opened spaces (since there aren't that many people playing so you can just pick a spot and ambush, also you'll have to chase your target, nobody will wait till you shoot him 2-3 times with sniper) thats why I suggest keeping them at 8, so you can still be viable with a handgun (or some rifle) for close space combat, while investing some points into defensive abilities to sustain some damage. Also then you could use sneak with handguns or sneak weapons (needler,wazikashi) to ambush inside buildings, while playing regularly as sniper.

Gifted sucks (because you'll either invest all points you get to gun to make it to 225 or in some other skill, impossible to raise 2 especially 3 skills with gifted on useful level), unless its highly specialized build, which is waste in game of such diversity.You can always go with traps instead of sneak, put loot on the floor, put traps, wait till the guys cripples himself, finish with headshot.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2014, 08:23:50 AM »

Well if you take 4 eyes you will make your sight range better while holding your sniper rifle, but as I said, currently standing or moving with a sniper rifle in hands basically destroys your ability to sneak effectively (even with 200 sneak people will spot you from really far away while running with a rifle). So I don't know if it is the best choice.

If you are scrounging for stat points I would say bruiser and small frame, but if you take small frame you will want to put your AG at 3 minimum to offset the knockdowns, and again, take critical agility as a perk to compensate.

Endurance you really don't want to take below 4 in any case as the effective health lost is far more than the health gained by taking it above 5.

Charisma is also very powerful in AOP if you are in a squad, but that is your choice too.

5 9 4 1 9 1 9

That is a 38 point build that I would use as a skeleton if you take bruiser and small frame you will have 5 points more to add to that as you wish, dumping all 5 into agility could prove useful, but spreading them around will be just as effective.

All my opinion again, up to you whether you take it seriously :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:27:51 AM by mAdman »

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2014, 08:25:08 AM »

what if I chose the trait gifted and just got skill points for sneak, small guns and first aid as a level up?

NOOOOO

Do that and you won't be able to get your skills high enough to be A. an effective sneaker and B. an effective sniper. You want to be both, so gifted is a nono.

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2014, 08:27:28 AM »

hmm, so I would have to choose between either a sneak build or a sniper build? jeeze I think I may just switch to a sneak build just so that I can scout out an area before my friend enters it, but I want the M1C so badly. God dang it I can't choose >.<

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2014, 08:33:50 AM »

currently standing or moving with a sniper rifle in hands basically destroys your ability to sneak effectively (even with 200 sneak people will spot you from really far away while running with a rifle).

what if I wanted to sneak around without a weapon as I plan my attack (maybe set some traps) and then go into cover go out of sneak and then pull out my sniper and take my enemies out? would that work?

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2014, 08:34:04 AM »

Something to consider;

Leather jacket variant boost your stealth by 25 flat, so STANDING with a sniper rifle at 200 sneak only puts you at -5 theoretically.

What I have tried on a few occasions, is taking light pistol with 1 or 2 clips in hand, wearing a leather jacket variant and leaving a sniper in my bag.

You run to your decided location (ZC or whatever) with your pistol out, only fighting if forced to. Then find a perfect spot to overwatch, stand still and pull out your sniper, from there, you can pop mentats to remove the sneak vision malus and do your job.

Just make sure you put your rifle back into your pack before you go scouting or changing positions.

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2014, 08:37:54 AM »

that will work with me! btw I dont do ZC all I do is scavenge, but I think I can do what you said. Maybe sneak from house to house as I loot, then when I spot some enemies ill find a spot and do my job! Thanks for the help :D

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2014, 08:38:35 AM »

I ended up making a character with the following stats:
S 5
P 7
E 5
C 1
I 9
A 6
L 7

Tag: small guns, first aid and sneak

Perks: four eyes and small frame

Is this good or should I start over again? thank you three for the advice, greatly appreciated ;)
I suggest don't take small frame and take bruiser instead. Remove all AG and put in LK and endurance. (At least 8 end to end up with 320 HP)

Don't bother with sneak, just take doctor and try getting 150, also invest all skill points to 250 sg so you have Max chance to hit and able to use dsr's and other weapons.

Or if you want to be OP with leadership buffs (more critical chance,more bleed,more sight range) I can suggest you a build.

Also if you do make sneak and fight another sniper,expect an armor bypass if he shoots you, also you get -3 pe while sneaking and stock up on small cells and stealth boys.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:41:43 AM by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2014, 08:41:23 AM »

Firing the m1c will break stealth so you will likely need to reposition after 1-3 shots to restealth.

Your optimal weight while sneaking is currently 9, going over 9 (to 10) will double the rate of energy consumption and over 14 (to 15) will triple it, each 5 beyond that multiplies it further.

So in essence the max you ever want to be carrying is 14 (unless you are looting and returning to base).

You may want to give spare energy cells to a friend to carry for you, or drop them somewhere for easy grabbing.

Sneak management is currently quite difficult, but it is very much worth the hassle IMO. If only they maluses were scaled back a bit ;)

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2014, 08:43:55 AM »

Stalkers suggestion is something you should consider also, as I stated managing sneak currently is very annoying at times.

Squad buffs from charisma and leadership are very powerful currently. And being a tank sniper is very strong.

But if you consider that path, definitely go big gun snipers and rock an AS50 or DRS.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2014, 08:47:32 AM »

Stalkers suggestion is something you should consider also, as I stated managing sneak currently is very annoying at times.

Squad buffs from charisma and leadership are very powerful currently. And being a tank sniper is very strong.

But if you consider that path, definitely go big gun snipers and rock an AS50 or DRS.
dsr's are mostly for ZC, if you take one solo looting expect to die (cause deploying and Guy can run in building)

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2014, 08:47:58 AM »

yolo build

Can swap 10 CH for 10 AG if you hate ZC.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2014, 08:49:40 AM »

dsr's are mostly for ZC, if you take one solo looting expect to die (cause deploying and Guy can run in building)

Definitely agreed there. :)

Though a backup PKS if you have big guns can take care of those on the move situations too.

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2014, 08:50:27 AM »

okay, well leadership buffs wont affect me cuz im only rollin with one other person (not all the time though, mostly just me) and I decided to keep my current character just because I can't think of a good name for a new one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip