Author Topic: Submachine Gun  (Read 7083 times)

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
Submachine Gun
« on: October 09, 2014, 05:30:45 PM »

So in order to differentiate the SMG from all other weapons, I've was thinking of making the SMG sub-type the "gamble" gun.

It will have a huge variance in it's potential damage making it unreliable. The further the target the larger the variance in damage. This might actually in-fact promote the hit and run style its designed to do as you're fishing for the big hits, if you don't score a big hit, you run to cover.

So, yes RNG in my competitive gaming, for the sake of fun and balance.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Submachine Gun
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 06:06:26 PM »

Sounds interesting the gamble gun idea, but doing less damage at a distance doesn't seem great TBH, unless you mean only for bursts (with less bullets hitting them at further distances). The whole gamble effect will be lost if they move out of "good" range and the resulting damage will always come out bad in those circumstances.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 09:37:32 PM »

SMGs defeinitely need a drastic change, might be good to have a sort of "testing day"  and see how people respond.  Either that or a closed server test or something, because this might be a catastrophe if implemented in game without really knowing the effects.  SMGs are OK now, but still shit, I wouldn't want them to be changed too drastically without input and testing first. Love the idea and look forward to seeing its implementation in some way shape or form.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 04:11:48 AM »

With a change to the min max damage potential (I assume that is what you meant by gamble gun, changing values like 15-25 damage to 5-35), you aren't really going to increase the average damage though, so SMGs could also use a flat damage buff like ARs received, 5 would probably do it.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 09:18:02 AM »

Bring back one hexing with SMGs and I guarantee people will use them.

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 09:43:15 AM »

What do you mean? Some SMG have a onehex value of 100 and from what I've seen all bullets from a burst hit the target at 1 hex... that is to say all 3 bullets in the burst.

Anyway, 1-hexing with any gun is stupid-that's what a mega powerfist is for.

With this random-damage buff could I do ~70 expected dmg (be it from 10 to 130) per burst to a armored target at 10-15 hexes? If not, then SMG would stay useless for me.

wojciech

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 10:11:48 AM »

Lie. 1-hexing with power fist is just clicking A and pressing on target and Your char will go automaticly attack. If you want 1 hex with ranged weapon You need some brain (Your opponent can easily escape 2-3 hexes away and You will not shoot from 1hex)...

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 10:38:18 AM »

So power-one-hex-fisting is easier. Easier==Better. I rest my case.

Lie. 1-hexing with power fist is just clicking A and pressing on target and Your char will go automaticly attack. If you want 1 hex with ranged weapon You need some brain (Your opponent can easily escape 2-3 hexes away and You will not shoot from 1hex)...

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 12:16:53 PM »

What do you mean? Some SMG have a onehex value of 100 and from what I've seen all bullets from a burst hit the target at 1 hex... that is to say all 3 bullets in the burst.

With this random-damage buff could I do ~70 expected dmg (be it from 10 to 130) per burst to a armored target at 10-15 hexes? If not, then SMG would stay useless for me.
with Mega power fist you're at a huge disadvantage, especially when some shit happens when you run up to your target and you do a ghost punch and lose AP and the Guy is still running.

artaman

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 06:20:24 PM »

electrician SMG must have change burst damage type from normal burst to electric damage and have laser gatling shoot sound. i am think this change is enough with low damage of electrician smg burst and will be very useful for counter metal armor mk ii that are counter laser rifles. i am calculate 68% increase effectiveness for electrician smg!!!
"sPA was a mistake" - cirn0, lead co-playwright of aop. c. 1968

BG Sexpert

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 02:35:59 PM »

give smg ability to empty entire mag in one burst plz.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip