Author Topic: Some question about sight range  (Read 5618 times)

rix

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Some question about sight range
« on: October 06, 2014, 02:57:01 AM »

Hi, felas, cos there are no topic with noob q/a (or i just dont find it) i decide to start it by myself.
I create char with 10 PE, four eyes trait and Hawkeye perk, long range sniper, is this stat optimal? what max sight range? is it enough for me to go 8 PE, four eyes trait and Hawkeye perk? and what about luck, should i pick 10 luck and 8 pe (with all those traits and perks) or 8 luck and 10 pe?

thx 4 y answers, sry for my bad english/
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:15:06 AM by rix »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Some question about sight range
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 03:43:16 AM »

Use this range calculator: http://fonline-aop.net/forum/index.php?topic=1110.msg7007#msg7007
Also decide on which weapon you are going to use, because all of them have (or will have) strong and weak sides. Some have better range, but weaker damage and / or expensive ammo, etc.
Don't also forget that if you decide to pick 4eyes you will have to use weapons with 'scoped' perk (use wiki).
And lastly, experiment! You can re-roll everything besides traits and tags now, but I think soon it also won't be a problem. Someone here might just straight give you some builds, maybe even explain why take this and why not the other thing. It's still isn't remotely as good as the build you will forge for your own self (even though people will probably argue with me about this ^^,  there are not that many variations for now)
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

rix

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 03:54:18 AM »

i want to use bg, thx for calc, but still cant understand is 100 hex max sight range? what if i go 10 pe, hawk eye and four eyes with scoped gun, in that case my sight range will be like what?

upd. i use calc and it show that with 10 pe, 250 skill and 100 range weapon i have same chance to hit as 10 pe with sharpshooter? whats the point? is it true? if it is sharpshooter is bad perk isnt it?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:57:46 AM by rix »

paragon

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 04:05:28 AM »

1. Perception above 5 do not modify unaimed CTH. Go for eyes and you'll see the difference.
2. There's no "max sight range". But you can try to calculate the max value, which you'll get by using all possibilities.
3. Calculate sight range by math, the name "max range" for a gun is just a value for a formula.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 04:25:03 AM by paragon »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 04:06:52 AM »

I believe you have to scroll that topic to the very bottom, that's where the most updated ver. is.
Can't consult you further on this topic, I've yet to build a BG sniper, so you'll have to wait for someone to chew on that for you, sorry. (AFAIK there is no "max" sight range.)

You will always have the same chance to hit: 95% (90% in the case of Fast Shot trait) within your EFFECTIVE range, which is determined by your PE and weapon's skill. Sharpshooter is an awesome perk, which gives you +2PE when PE penalties are being determined upon shooting at someone\something.

rix

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 04:25:54 AM »

sry guys, i just didnt realized that PE stat above 5 and sharpshooter counts only with aim shots//

and about sight range - wiki told that pe determine sight range, and i just didnt see formula witch calculating sight range etc. sry, if my q are dumb, i just rle like aop, but for new player it hard to get info smtms. thx 4 reaction

paragon

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 04:35:00 AM »

base = 31 + 4 * Perception
bonus_from_leader = 4 * Charisma * LDR_skill (apply if you have activated sight boost) (max 40)
bonus_from_perk = 8 (apply if you have Hawk Eyes)
bonus_from_scoped_weapon = scoped * 4 * mod
( mod = 2 if taken Four Eyes, else mod = 1)

sight = base + bonuses

You're ok, don't be afraid ask question. I'll add my answer to wiki
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 04:36:59 AM by paragon »

rix

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 04:42:24 AM »

understood, thx a lot!

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 05:10:43 AM »

understood, thx a lot!
For future purposes:
If you don't understand something\have questions, and you find no asnwer on wiki, please, be sure to post it: http://fonline-aop.net/forum/index.php?topic=1845.msg13519#msg13519
here. It'd help other players (and editors) a lot.
Thanks in advance.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip