Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Infrared/night vision scope  (Read 10900 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Infrared/night vision scope
« on: October 21, 2015, 08:57:02 AM »

If you're gonna keep this night bullshit for next season, then please add these types of scopes so certain weapons with this won't receive any sight range lost.

Maybe make the scope craftable or found in random loot and you have to craft the weapon with the scope. Also if daytime, you lose sight range cause you can't really see with these.

#notonightvisiongoogles #wherearemygrenadesgonnabe

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Infrared/night vision scope
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 10:55:27 AM »

Please elaborate, I don't understand why would there be a nighttime malus if you can negate it completely.

Unless you want to make it a sneak weapon exclusive and be like Tom Clancy's splinter cell.

#nerfsneaker

Nighttime malus seems to be an obvious attempt to make low range weapon more viable during "duh" nighttime.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 11:18:10 AM »

Please elaborate, I don't understand why would there be a nighttime malus if you can negate it completely.
Are you that much of a imbecile that I must elaborate everything? It's pretty much common sense. And I as said, it's for scoped weapons. Perhaps making this scope rare/tier 3 would probably be the solution.

Unless you want to make it a sneak weapon exclusive and be like Tom Clancy's splinter cell.
#nerfsneaker
Not sure why you always want to nerf sneaker so badly. No RTS mode for sneakers = problem solved.

Nighttime malus seems to be an obvious attempt to make low range weapon more viable during "duh" nighttime.
Oh, but what about next session when a guy with a paper sniper build is forced to a close quarters fight? He can't reroll since free rerolls will be removed (fuck you devs). Especially when players come and have no clue on how to make their SPECIAL, 5 days later they find out a good build but forced to make a new character since no rerolls :(

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 11:27:01 AM »

For scoped weapons, rare/tier 3, I don't understand why waaaah sorry I don't understand why ? What why ? What is the point ? Why ?

Yes, nerf sneaker. Yes, I can feel it in you too. It gives you focus ... makes you stronger.

New player with random build. #wastelandisharsh

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 12:39:32 PM »

For scoped weapons, rare/tier 3, I don't understand why waaaah sorry I don't understand why ? What why ? What is the point ? Why ?

Yes, nerf sneaker. Yes, I can feel it in you too. It gives you focus ... makes you stronger.

New player with random build. #wastelandisharsh
As always, making non constructive post. Kile urself

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 12:42:32 PM »

No, why ?

paragon

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 01:02:39 PM »

Obv imbecile is TS, due to being unable to normally communicate which is reflected in inability to answer questions without insulting.

> Oh, but what about next session when a guy with a paper sniper build is forced to a close quarters fight?

Oh, but what about next season when a guy with blind melee build is forced to fight DSR on Library Park?
Answer is, get rekt noob. I have no idea why would you expect somebody to be specialized and universal in the same time.

You seriously lack understanding of game design and unable to "constructive post" yourself, but in the same time you are poisonous to the others and thus damaging to the community.

Have no idea why responsible people still tolerate you, suggest everyone to report TS for the protest.

Kurwier

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 01:23:03 PM »

they see me rollin' they hatin' ...  :-*

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 01:57:26 PM »

bitch comment

No, why ?

they see me rollin' they hatin' ...  :-*
Spoiler for Hiden:

On a serious note :

Obv imbecile is TS, due to being unable to normally communicate which is reflected in inability to answer questions without insulting.
Actually I can communicate constructively but I'm on your ignore list therefore you can't see all my post. Now I have no idea why I'm your ignore list (cause you're a bitch probably xd)

Oh, but what about next season when a guy with blind melee build is forced to fight DSR on Library Park?
Answer is, get rekt noob. I have no idea why would you expect somebody to be specialized and universal in the same time.
Oh, why you gotta copy my layout? I know you idolized me when I was a V-tec :D

Answer is : Smoke Grenades and Grenade Pistol/Milkor with smoke ammo. There are also buildings right part and center sooo....

You seriously lack understanding of game design and unable to "constructive post" yourself, but in the same time you are poisonous to the others and thus damaging to the community.
You have eyes but cannot see. Have you ever thought that I'm poisonous through your eyes but others see me as a different person. And as I stated before, you can't see all my post cause since I'm on your ignore list.

Have no idea why responsible people still tolerate you, suggest everyone to report TS for the protest.
Because they're not bitches and know me :D

Now you're gonna come here and post and won't stop till you're finally "right" Please talk about the suggestion other than unnecessary flaming/shitposting.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 02:05:28 PM by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 02:15:09 PM »

Please talk about the suggestion other than unnecessary flaming/shitposting.

You are most definitely calling the Kettle black.  You post a .gif to call someone a faggot, which leaves a bad taste in my mouth personally (You're still an intolerant fuck because you can't seem to stop insulting gay people). You respond to posts like this is 4chan, he's not the only one shitposting.

Also, like others have said, why the fuck negate nighttime malus? Seriously, its a debuff due to the natural world and makes combat much more dynamic b/c its not always a perfect situation for people.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 02:19:37 PM by MARXMAN »

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 02:15:32 PM »

You might be having fun answering people with insults while stroking your ego but I still don't know why would you want to add an item to negate nighttime malus. Especially when you use the example of sniper build as an argument.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 02:25:31 PM »

You are most definitely calling the Kettle black.  You post a .gif to call someone a faggot, which leaves a bad taste in my mouth personally (You're still an intolerant fuck because you can't seem to stop insulting gay people). You respond to posts like this is 4chan, he's not the only one shitposting.
Fight fire with fire. Also I never knew paragon was a homosexual. If I knew this, I wouldn't have posted that gif but the damage is already done seeing how I triggered you.

BTW : If you think I'm terrible, don't read Reloaded forum PvP unless you want to get like 5000x triggered.

Also, like others have said, why the fuck negate nighttime malus? Seriously, its a debuff due to the natural world and makes combat much more dynamic b/c its not always a perfect situation for people.
"Makes combat more dynamic"

half the time me and other snipers are just saying its total bullshit during PvP. Now I see nothing wrong with adding a scope to negate this if it will be rare. It will be sort of like a legendary weapon where taking it will be risky.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 02:29:54 PM by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 03:59:58 PM »

Especially when players come and have no clue on how to make their SPECIAL, 5 days later they find out a good build but forced to make a new character since no rerolls :(
You know, it is not because something has a cost that it doesn't exist. It is even the opposite. It wouldn't have a cost if it didn't exist.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 04:20:04 PM »

whats night vision for on an empty server?

Kurwier

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 04:36:02 PM »

to see upcomming npcs better in nighttime

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2015, 07:31:12 PM »

What is wrong with this guy?
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 10:25:28 PM »

half the time me and other snipers are just saying its total bullshit during PvP
. Now I see nothing wrong with adding a scope to negate this if it will be rare. It will be sort of like a legendary weapon where taking it will be risky.

This right here is why I'm 100 percent okay with it. It gives other weapon types a time to shine, b/c during the day the current meta seems to be teams of snipers hitting diff limbs and causing something like 200+bleed. Even if you make it ultra rare, we have types like Hellmoi who is seemingly always online grinding to get shit. No matter how rare you make it, something that negates snipers nighttime malus would absolutely wreck nightfighting IMO.

antohha

• Wiki Editor
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 10:59:15 PM »

Did you try Sniper's max sight range instakill BG sniper build v 2.1? Works fine for me...
(Hint. make 15 PE +10CHA + hawk eyes)

Kurwier

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 11:01:27 PM »

half the time me and other snipers are just saying its total bullshit during PvP
. Now I see nothing wrong with adding a scope to negate this if it will be rare. It will be sort of like a legendary weapon where taking it will be risky.

This right here is why I'm 100 percent okay with it. It gives other weapon types a time to shine, b/c during the day the current meta seems to be teams of snipers hitting diff limbs and causing something like 200+bleed. Even if you make it ultra rare, we have types like Hellmoi who is seemingly always online grinding to get shit. No matter how rare you make it, something that negates snipers nighttime malus would absolutely wreck nightfighting IMO.

i dont agree on this , gameplay is same at night and at day ingame because mechanics doenst change during that only your field of view gets rekt and thats all , i would even go so far to say that weapons with the ability to ctrl burst are in night OP . because like i said everything else in terms of gamemechanics stays the same and u can easily hexshoot some hex that is outside the field of view but still in your field of effective range which probably means that the enemy cant even see from where the bullets comming from , moreover your sniperchar doenst have this ability with a singleshooting weapon ... still some critical singleshot weapon build can pick one of many strong pistols out to shoot something thats in range . so in the end this nighttime  fov limitation is nothing more than annoying to atleast 90% of players (if not even more) . also devs should keep in mind that Perception in classic fallout game doesnt describe only some imaginative characters ability to see something , it was meant to describe all possible senses as far as your imagination goes . just as reminder even fallout 1 and 2 had something similar ingame which just reduces your chance to actually hit a target at nighttime , but not such stupid field of view limitation (and theres a reason for that) .
also not to mention wicked calculation for nighttime field of view reduction , which does calculate four eyez trait scoped weapon trait field of view bonus as malus (which isnt even logical or realistic) .

to me atleast tunnelvision in a game which uses a hexsystem is already annoying as fuck since u got so much dead angles which doenst sound bad in first moment but when u look close at it then u realise that it is retarded in a game which uses a hexagonal mask for movements , moreover in combination with not updating fov while tunring your char makes this even more pain ... not to mention dead angles again in terms of aimed shots especially when your goal is to hit the eyez ... which isnt really possible with your max eff range because of huge dead angles and the lovely hexagonal system .

so in the end you got 2 annyoing features for what ?

nighttime field of view reduction for realism with unrealistic calculations ?

or

tunnelvision for realism but unrealistic circumstances like not updating fov in combination with the non existent possibility to have a straight line due to dead angles and the engines hexagonal system ?

or they juts there to troll us or or or ...

to nerf a whole character class in night ??? which doenst even make sense since there are better tools and ways for balancing purposes ...

so im just analyzing and questioning .

also back to realism and field of view in real life i can see as far in night as in day only thing which makes it different is the available light still the ability on how far i can see doesnt change anatomically because my eyez doenst shrink in real life in night , so you would make field of view ingame if u want to make it realisitic dependant on all surounding lightsources which is impossible with that engine ... in end this whole thing doenst make sense in AoP ...

also your meta assumptions is totally wrong , you ever heard of daytime night stuff ? which is called smoke ? atleast its realistic and there are other ways to play the game then just as a sniper ... from what i see snipers character idea is to max its range while it suffers at close range fights due to perks , traits and special options (yeah thx to whoever created the SPECIAL system , atleast he wasnt dumb ... tim cain :* ). why even nerf this more with stupid nonsense features which arent even connected with the special system directly .

you could also ask why there are no other "timeframe" dependant nerfs for close range builds or any other non ranged chars , like -% BTH at daytime becasue sun is too close and blending you if enemy wears an armor which is made out of shining parts % even higher ... so this game can become finally some real timewasting stupid game where some basic timeframe function determine what build is more effective , why this game even does have the special system when we can go this way ? yeah im serious and seriously this whole nightime , tunnelvision stuff is bullshit big BULLSHIT .

its really a straight nerf to just that one character class , it would be ok if it wouldnt be so . but in the end it is and really i dont want to encounter this "nah lets wait for 5 minutes till it turns day" while playing the game any time soon or after wipe , its already really big BULLSHIT and action is hard to find already without this forced wating time , so yeah its most stupid change ever ... atleast to me . i always imagine that some of the devs played too much bad zombie games and thought yeah this is cool . fuck that serious ... your game is based on some cloned pen n paper game conversion engine , shit like this wont work here unless you change the code and change the relations like high PE wont make your fov malus that big in night and low PE would make it bigger but then again it would be already the same like having low fov with low PE or high fov with high PE , atleast it would be much more fair in terms of not taking the sniper class range thing while fov reduction would still be there in terms of "realism" you could easy use some linear function for that with some common PE value form snipers as a starting value (for example maybe 10 as max PE and then scale it down from there on dependant on what u wanna archieve) ... to me it really looks like just somebody had some non existeng thoughts on already existent relations from gamemechanics in general on mind and (a) bad idea(s) were just impletended becasue someone thought it would be cool without giving a fuck because its not like that sniper weapons are that imbalanced atm like tehy were at the beginning of the season start or that u can instagib someone alone like u can do easy with other close range stuff.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 12:06:22 AM by Kurwier »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 01:28:03 AM »

Well said courier.

Next season pl0x
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip