Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Page management  (Read 12330 times)

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Page management
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 05:59:15 AM »

Shhh... let it be an easter-egg! It's actually not that painfull ^^. It'd be painfull to look at, for sure, as you will have to create a separate table for just that (otherwise it'd be ugly as hell itself).
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

paragon

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2014, 06:02:18 AM »

So if I do that, I'll break enemies eyes and will help the wiki in the same time? Challenge accepted.

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 06:42:31 AM »

Maybe make an additional section in weapons or a special mention for sneak weapons because people are still confused if hth skill is needed for wakizashi and machete...

paragon

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2014, 10:38:52 AM »

Graves

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2014, 08:21:53 PM »

Lol.  Well, I've since scrapped everything after reading some of the comments here, I appreciate the inspiration.  I agree the tables need more information, so I've began an even bigger task.  Wikitables are awesome, but I'm much more fluent in what they're making easier to accomplish and doing in the background anyways.  As an example, see attachment.  I thought about adding Tier to the table somewhere.  I would've loved to have had the weapon graphic, but I think this should prove more than adequate.  Thoughts?

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2014, 09:06:54 PM »

This looks really nice (change the colour, I always forgot to change the old one ^^)

Great job.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

paragon

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2014, 10:03:38 PM »

Great job. I didnt understand from the start why people don't want to put all info in the tables.

Ender

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2014, 05:51:25 AM »

Please STOP USING CUSTOM COLORS.

You should NEVER set custom color in the code of the page.
How will we do the day we update the design of the website ?

If you need I can add some classes to the css to allow you more customization but having color hardcoded in html code is a very bad idea.
By the way, please also use the wiki syntax for table and not create html table directly ;-)

If someone has difficulties to edit the wiki, feel free to pm me with questions and I will answer you precisely.

Graves

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2014, 08:14:20 AM »

Please STOP USING CUSTOM COLORS.

You should NEVER set custom color in the code of the page.
How will we do the day we update the design of the website ?

If you need I can add some classes to the css to allow you more customization but having color hardcoded in html code is a very bad idea.
By the way, please also use the wiki syntax for table and not create html table directly ;-)

If someone has difficulties to edit the wiki, feel free to pm me with questions and I will answer you precisely.

For one, the class is extremely easy to set.  "Wikitable" is all that needs to be put and it automatically skins to the page.

For two, there's no difference between
|-
|
and <tr.><td.><./td><./tr>

To the browser it's exactly the same thing.  If you'd really like to be bothered when I'm done, you can rewrite the whole thing in wiki syntax if you'd like.  I haven't seen where it's particularly made it easier on anyone anyhow, it's there in case you have no idea what you're doing.  As I said, there's no offense intended, but if you can't be bothered to do it yourself please don't tell me how to do it.  Especially so considering I've already invested several hours in the first project for weapon tables (which was then scrapped) and now I've made it through half the catalog or more.  I feel this is a much more eloquent solution, but I can't help but feel like if you can't look at a simple table and figure out what you need to replace then you shouldn't be messing with it anyways.  :)

I appreciate the direction, but again understand I've already started work and completed much of it.  At what point of a project do you figure templating out?  Yes, that'd basically mean I'd have to start over to say the same thing again which is just being used similar BBCode to be translated to what I'm doing anyways.  Let's not forget, I could've nearly done a whole category of weapons in the time I've taken to respond to this.

P.S., it doesn't matter what colorizing someone may do.  Simply attaching class="Wikitable" forces it regardless of what's inside of it.  For the record, though, that does look pretty atrocious after you look at it for a while.  It'd be nice if you'd tweak the main CSS files towhere there wasn't quite such a significant difference between a link and text.  Seems kind of odd having Oswald right there with Helvetica to begin with, I don't see the need for such a large increase.

P.P.S., Again, I'm not trying to be a dick.  I've put a lot of hard work into what I'm doing and willingly so.  If you want people to follow your guiding, take initiative and make some template files.  It's ridiculous to either have to scheme behind you (AKA figure out how you accomplished what you have) or copy/paste everything over which, to me, is as tedious or more as editing a table.  Either that, y'know, or pay me.  Then I'll redo it every day if I need to.  Sorry if I'm trying too hard to make my point, but the Wiki's in a state of constant updating and I think your time would be much better spent elsewhere especially if the only gripe you have is syntax.  Also, it would be different if there were any kind of management.  The Wiki requires folks that'll step up, go in the game, pull out the data, and put it up.  I don't mind doing that, but I've done made a revision to this once and I've posted about doing it for several days.

Not just that, but:

Quote from: Ender
No problem.

For the weapons I think a big table could help but I my opinion individual pages should still exist as there is the ingredients for crafting, ect.. on it. Do you agree ?

Been talking weapon table for over two weeks now.  That would've been the place and point to specify.  :)  Thanks for understanding.

Ender

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2014, 02:21:59 PM »

I did not ask anyone to redo something. Just to keep that in mind for future content creation.
It was a general comment and not something specific about the content you added.
I know how time consuming wiki content creation can be and I thanks (?) multiple time to contributors.

I will made some tweak to the wiki css to improve link and table readability. It should be there at the end of the week with some other minor modifications.

Graves

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2014, 11:47:20 AM »

I did not ask anyone to redo something. Just to keep that in mind for future content creation.
It was a general comment and not something specific about the content you added.
I know how time consuming wiki content creation can be and I thanks (?) multiple time to contributors.

I will made some tweak to the wiki css to improve link and table readability. It should be there at the end of the week with some other minor modifications.

Sorry, I tried not to be too heavy handed.  I thought about editing it afterwards, but I really didn't want to abandon the work in frustration :).  I apologize, I'm usually genuinely a very nice guy. 

Colorizing is a bitch to begin with.  You really can't please everyone.  I'll try to think of any subtle changes if you wouldn't mind taking another look at it.  It looks clean, I'm not sure exactly how you'd go about improving it but I'll think on it and let you know if I come to anything conclusive.

I gave yesterday to myself as a breathe of sorts.  Again, apologies if I went overboard there brother, I just wanted to let you know how I was honestly feeling.  I'm borderline antisocial sometimes so I'm quick to just cut ties and say, "eff that," so I just wanted to explain as well as I could instead of, say, skimming it, assuming a bunch of stuff, and disappearing.  I'm really looking forward to helping get things to a well-documented state towherever editing will only be required at Changelogs or discretion if you have spare time and an idea of how to improve something existing. 

Everyone keep up the good work!  I'm really liking what I've been seeing. 

Ender

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2014, 08:11:13 PM »

No offense taken Graves, it just show how you are passionate about this so that's great for AoP no ? ;-)

It's not always easy to give own opinion on the web ; should not be take as troll or provocation, reading/writing context can modify meaning of a message, not using first language, people from different culture have different way of thinking,...
I try to keep that in mind when surfing and if a find someone to be a jackass (?) a will simply not answer him ( You know, not enough time to allow loosing it for that ). So as I answer you back you do not have to worry ;-)

I hope you will continue your great work on the wiki and get more information to improve overall quality. I do not know exactly what is the remaining work left on the wiki neither the next changelogs releases dates, contents or size ( I just take care of website/wiki/forum ) so I can't tell how much work will need the wiki in a day to day base once it will be fully complete.

For the wiki improvement I would like to modify the links ( not very readable / visible ), the table ( header of the table, alternate color for row to improve reading, all table of the wiki identical ).

I don't know if this message answers all you wanted ? ( English is not my first langage and I have sometime trouble to understand some sentences ;o )
Pages: 1 [2]

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip