Author Topic: A number of "bugs" (Factionless)  (Read 3614 times)

Stem Sunders

A number of "bugs" (Factionless)
« on: February 16, 2015, 08:52:16 AM »

Hello again.

I've been playing as a dirty little sewer rat for a little fun and I noticed a few interesting things on my adventures.

I'll start with reputation, I last checked this morning and I had neutral reputation with V-Tec and BBoys. Lawyers didn't like me -1500 and family was something like +3750

I quickly joined the family to gain the much needed awareness perk, but upon leaving again I was granted access to the other three faction bases due to my reputation now being +2000 (tolerated) across the board.(all except family HQ, even though my rep is 2k all around)

I think the bug here is the gaining of rep for Vtecs and BBoys?
I'm not sure how this happened but surely thats a bug right?

Secondly, I was running around with a nice chap from V-Tecs and I noticed he didn't glow with the usual bright outline like other players would. instead it was just a black outline...Pretty difficult to see.

Lastly, as a factionless character, I have the ability to UNcapture flags...Which I thought was weird, but also kinda cool?
(The blank flags in the screen bore V-Tec devices when I found them)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
And one last thing that is unrelated to being factionless...I killed a few things behind the Warmart entrance sign, but couldn't loot because it just stays solid when I walk behind it.
(Cant believe I never noticed that before)

Dunno how much of this is intentional, so rather than make a thread for each I crammed them all in here.

And yes, I know factionless characters are not supported and time could be better spent elsewhere but still, thought I should say something.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 09:04:54 AM by Stem Sunders »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: A number of "bugs" (Factionless)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 09:42:06 AM »

I believe your rep thingy is not a bug and is intended (because how else could you switch factions after leaving one?)
No ideas about black outline (racist targetting system)
Cirn0 implemented a corpse highlight hotkey didn't he? I believe it was 9 by default, for those exact same reasons.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Stem Sunders

Re: A number of "bugs" (Factionless)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 10:41:01 AM »

I believe your rep thingy is not a bug and is intended (because how else could you switch factions after leaving one?)
No ideas about black outline (racist targetting system)
Cirn0 implemented a corpse highlight hotkey didn't he? I believe it was 9 by default, for those exact same reasons.

Yeah, I understand about leaving one faction allows you to join another.
But In the past it was only the main enemy of the faction you just left.

So in my experience (I've done this before) You leave Family and can then join Lawyers
If you leave V-Tec you can join BBoys. visa versa

I never experienced having three at once before though.

So lets say im in the Family and my rep looks like this...

V-Tecs: 0
Family: 1500
Brahmin Boys: 0
Lawyers: 0

And then if I leave family it looks like....

V-Tecs: 0
Family: -1500
Brahmin Boys: 0
Lawyers: 1500

But now its 2k across the board (including the faction I just left) And also have access to everywhere but Family HQ.
I found it odd, It could be a change that wasn't mentioned in a changelog, but still thought I should speak up.

Cirn0 did implement a highlight corpse button....I, umm...Forgot....Again.

We need a full list of all the ~commands and button combinations sticky somewhere on the forum. Not spread out through the changelogs...Now tell me that already exists too.  :D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:24:19 AM by Stem Sunders »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip