Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: 03.10.2014 Changelog  (Read 28519 times)

Simms

• Wastelander
  • CHEEKI BREEKI
    • View Profile
Re: 03.10.2014 Changelog
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2014, 02:52:12 AM »

It's amazing to see that people who whine a lot about Sneak characters have actually no idea how Sneak works at all.
It's all fun and games until someone catches an olive.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2014, 03:51:44 AM »

It's amazing to see that people who whine a lot about Sneak characters have actually no idea how Sneak works at all.
I think that the actual problem is that you can use silenced (or not) weapons w\o ever being hit by a weapon with slow aiming time. People just need time to get used to the new mechanic of "another weapon parameter", which is aiming time.
I actually did such thing once to some poor v-tec sniper, who presumably had no additional firearms on him. I was just stalking him with a silenced uzi (which tickles for 16-18 damage per shot) and crippling him constantly. He could not respond to me, because of the aiming time on his M1C.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Deathproof

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2014, 10:38:40 AM »

yep, it's becuase the stealth boy is what makes them invisible, not the stealth skill, so when you see them, you have a general idea on their location, but they're still using their stealth boy

Thinking in terms of realism like that means you shouldn't be able to see them at all.
Its stupid, sneaking is like being a wizard currently, fix didn't do anything but made sneakers spend bit more money. Its still stupidly overpowered when you're spoted. Its ok when you're far, but when you're so close you can disappear so easily and lets not even mention inside a room next to the wall.

I have a sneaker char and I use it daily so I know how much OP it really is, but this fix is focusing on completely wrong thing.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2014, 10:55:25 AM »

This fix is a temporary one, please, stop arguing and help cirn0 by posting something that has common sense and some facts behind it.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

catstevens

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2014, 11:19:37 AM »

No, seeing someone doesn't desneak them, they are still considered sneaking until you hit them, hence why they seem to disappear into thin air.

This is the ONLY problem with sneak. Revert nerfs and make it so being seen un-sneaks them, and all problems solved and everybody happy. Add a 1.5s timer for sneak (they must be unseen for 1.5s to activate) and you have well balanced sneak that is deadly but not to the level of wizards.

And since I guess the above wont happen for some reason, at least make it so when you raise gun to shoot at sneak and they disappear, it still shoots but with -40% accuracy or something. It's just plain buggy to constantly raise your gun (and often lose AP without shooting) at a sneak.

It's dumb how as a sneak you can simply run 2 hex to the side while the guy raises his gun, and disappear, then come back and kill because he wasted all his AP on buggy mechanics.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 11:23:09 AM by catstevens »

Ranger Arn

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2014, 08:05:00 PM »

well.. i would like to officialy apologize for crying about sneak nerfs - yeah that was a bit of crying on my part so shame on me ;/ 

Additional charge cost is somewhat playable and skill malus for rifles and bg also are ok.

Deathproof

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2014, 10:09:38 PM »

well.. i would like to officialy apologize for crying about sneak nerfs - yeah that was a bit of crying on my part so shame on me ;/ 

Additional charge cost is somewhat playable and skill malus for rifles and bg also are ok.

I'll make an educated guess. Stealth boy in inventory not in weapon slot right ? ;)

Ranger Arn

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2014, 10:29:33 PM »

I'll make an educated guess. Stealth boy in inventory not in weapon slot right ? ;)

Even in weapon slot its somewhat playable. Just need to do short, fast runs and not camp with sneak on + 30- 50 smc in inventory just to be sure i have power for safe return. Also voodoo helps me a lot (speedup )  ;]
Besides i dont have max sneak so im not "pro" sneaker - use mostly use as "helper" for safe passage/avoiding others or ambush, so if without max sneak i can cope with it than for full sneak char it shouldnt be too painfull. Still i would gladly see revert of this change if possible ( like probably everyone who uses sneak ) but i understand that may never occur and i have to be ok with that.

Althou it would help a lot if there could be timer (like bandage %) to count how many secs of sneak we have left ( with actual weight factor included )

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 10:32:27 PM by Ranger Arn »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip