Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 07.10.2014 Changelog  (Read 12661 times)

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
07.10.2014 Changelog
« on: October 07, 2014, 12:06:00 AM »

Bugfixes:
-Sight vision bug with leadership fixed
-Stealthboy activation without consumption of energy bug
-Fixed a bug with ctrl + firing skipping aimtime
-Fixed a hex bursting when clicking target would burst above the target (where your mouse was at)
-Defibs now properly revive targets at negative HP. (before always revived at 1 hp)

Tweak:
-Optimized the fuck out of smokes! [No more server lag I hope]
-Stealthboy energy cost is now kg/5 starting from 10kg.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:53:17 AM by cirn0 »
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: 07.10.2014 Changelog
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 01:52:21 AM »

By optimisation of smokes do you mean they now look better, perform better, or overall gameplay? (balance)
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 01:53:51 AM »

By optimisation of smokes do you mean they now look better, perform better, or overall gameplay? (balance)

Before when a smoke was thrown, you would notice the whole server kind of froze. Should be a lot faster now. Should be, so please help me out by throwing tons of smokes in ZCs and report back!

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 02:39:59 AM »

OK so at 15 weight the first increment of SEC drained happens or at 10?

Can I ask separately that the weight of traps be reduced somewhat to compensate stealth trappers? As currently a single mine weighs 5 and a bear trap 6. It wouldn't have to be by much as I don't see circumstances where you would have to carry more than 3 mines on a single person, but as it stands 3 mines will put you way over the normal threshold. And with the combined weight of bear traps, if I ever actually want to use traps in ZC I will end up giving them to someone else to drop in place just so I don't drain all of my energy cells.

Maybe just reducing their weight values by 2 would make a large enough impact to make carrying them as a stealth trapper viable, but not too easy.

paragon

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 03:14:56 AM »

Please, implement tier 3 Lag Grenades (or Doom Day Grenades) using old code of Smoke Grenades.

Captain Chilly

• Experienced Survivor
  • Professional memelord i nthe making
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 08:36:31 AM »

OK so at 15 weight the first increment of SEC drained happens or at 10?

Can I ask separately that the weight of traps be reduced somewhat to compensate stealth trappers? As currently a single mine weighs 5 and a bear trap 6. It wouldn't have to be by much as I don't see circumstances where you would have to carry more than 3 mines on a single person, but as it stands 3 mines will put you way over the normal threshold. And with the combined weight of bear traps, if I ever actually want to use traps in ZC I will end up giving them to someone else to drop in place just so I don't drain all of my energy cells.

Maybe just reducing their weight values by 2 would make a large enough impact to make carrying them as a stealth trapper viable, but not too easy.

first thing i saw a stealther say that wasn't complaining about how stealth became hard, and yes, that's a nice idea, and i've frankly never seen a trapper stealther build before, seems like a fun build

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
  • Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 08:52:51 AM »

Deploying still isn't fixed?
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 11:01:06 AM »

Gimme some time! In the mean time, I heard if you use the turn key , or . you stop moving.

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
  • Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 12:50:31 PM »

Gimme some time! In the mean time, I heard if you use the turn key , or . you stop moving.

Not rushing you,just checking ;)
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 10:42:08 PM »

Can we get the starting threshold of energy drain bumped up to 15? 9 kilos only allows for a stealthboy, armor and a single gun with a small amount of ammo. There is no room for medical gear, traps, a secondary weapon or even backup energy cells.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 10:52:04 PM »

Or use it as a % of the max carry weight?

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 11:23:10 PM »

I thought that too, but then it would get modified when you eat food and drugs, I think 15 would be enough to give some options, but not too many.

It seems like the harshness of these nerfs to sneak was a way to deter people from doing silly things, but has left sneakers with very little options in it's severity.

For example the amount drained when turning a SB on and off and the speed of SEC drain increments are so harsh in combination together, having only one or the other as an energy drain variable would have worked fine, with both in play the consumption rate is astronomical, at least 1 should be scaled back a bit, and I think that is the weight penalty. Tripling your SEC consumption for holding 6 more kilos than 9 seems very excessive.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 11:24:38 PM »

Don't forget that cirn0 also tries to drain your caps'ies, since there are way too many of them on the server, so at least it seems logical ;).

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 11:29:58 PM »

Yeah for sure, but I'm not sure how effective this is at draining caps, more than just completely turning people off doing certain things.

Other ways to achieve a similar effect could be to increase the base cost of stealthboys when purchased by a decent percent (40% sounds nice), increase the SEC capacity of stealthboys without increasing the timer (say it costs 300 SECs to fill a stealthboy for 30 mins now), and/or selling stealthboys with no charges in them.

paragon

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 04:19:26 AM »

Real world inflation model (the more caps, the higher prices) could help to solve the "too many caps" problem.

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 05:13:30 AM »

You mean like real world inflation problem.  ;D (US national debt, let's print more money trololo)

This game just need more money sink without killing casual gamer and creating to much disparity between hardcore and casual.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 05:22:37 AM »

The first one that came to mind is (idea) to create a skin-changing system for caps which will apply for a single life only. (You die, you lose it) Just make it somewhat affordable for everyone, like 100-300 caps for a change.

paragon

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2014, 07:50:18 AM »

Just watched the video and further I watched more I've been scared.
It seems that there's completely different thing from what we have in here... and I hope what will stay.
It's like 100 000 $ in counter-strike. Why the hell would you need to have it? You won't buy more stuff than for 10k per battle, and the guy with just pistol can kill you and take your gun easily. The battle is there you get fun. Right? I mean, right? I don't know about you, for me what I'm playing for is competitive pvp. I don't wanna farm / level up / craft more than it takes for 1 more battle. And even if I do, there's no sense for it, cuz there's nothing special I can spend my money for anyway. Just another set of gear.
I suppose it's intended and I love this server for it. Please, don't break it.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2014, 07:59:17 AM »

Off-topic.
Spoiler for Hiden:
10k per round? The most expensive buy is 8500$ :)

Hans Landa

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2014, 09:47:48 AM »

Real world inflation model (the more caps, the higher prices) could help to solve the "too many caps" problem.
The inflation will add one more dead server to the list. This happened once on Requiem. Only molerats left there. The admin was shot in cold blood in his own toilet.
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip